It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJack
reply to post by Akragon

Google it.

Nope...

I've debated the issue for years... i know every answer you can possibly give...

He did not claim to be God... not once

John 13:16
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Yeah, and because of your "job," I was inspired to write this post:
An Honest Question For ATS Preachers
Who are you trying to save? And sorry, but repeating yourself over and over to the same people who do not believe one word of is is moot, and redundant, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by JackJack

ugh..

He did not claim to be God... :bnghd:

Yes he did in so many words.

HERE

All of those quotes are assumptions, but not his own words on the matter.

For this cause therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.

They assumed he was making himself equal, because he called him Father. He called him Father, because Father, is his Father.

The problem, is many will look at what others have to say and believe in it. Just go to the source of his words, and you will find the true answer.
edit on 19-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
IF your are spiritual and religious you should have no need for a middle man. just a thought

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by EvanB

I like your style no semantics.

Really doesn't matter AK you believe your own interpretation of Gods word I guess and I really don't.
edit on 19-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

There is an excluded middle here that needs to be stated. As we consider the way or ways, does it really matter in light of John 2?

23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

Our testimony is not needed by Jesus. Why? The answer follows in verse 25. When Jesus says he's the only way, we should take heed. Our reasoning of Jesus and His way matters little as he calls us, we do not call Him. We either know his voice or we do not. The call to us is up to him, not us.

Why do we need to confess Christ to men? As we have free will, we can choose to more our heart in position to receive the call. This is the point of faith instead of God revealing himself as fact. Faith avoids duplicity. If we seek, Jesus calls back. If we knock, Jesus is faithful to open the door.

It's now what we do, but what has been done for us. This does not mean we cannot seek and knock on our own. Jesus answers either way. In the end, He calls us all eventually. We still need to answer.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
god is not real

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

The reason why Jesus Christ said that is because he also said when asked "I and my FATHER are ONE" so no man comes to the Father but through Jesus because Jesus IS the Father (GOD) No man can come to God, but through GOD. So........

Father and Brother are separate (They sit next to each other above). They were considered one down here, because when two spirits are joined together like that, they are considered one by above. This is why he said we are one.

And explain the Holy Spirit.

I like you, but you are saying a lot of things that are not biblical and offering explanations that contradict the CHRIST. And I notice you will not acknowledge him as the CHRIST as you keep referring to our Lord as "Brother".

What spirit are you ?

edit on 19-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Jakewirick
god is not real

I would be interested to know why you say this?

link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by jhill76

that one word could mean the difference for many people out there

Yes, and adding that one little word gives the statement an entirely different meaning. Two small letters. Scares me. Because he never wrote anything of what is called "scripture" himself, and how I wish he had. Just think how much better things would be without people being free to "interpret" it the way they want to.

You all should take it easy with the reinterpreting "one small word" thingy........

Thou shalt not kill.........(minus 'one small word' equals).............Thou shalt kill

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

to incite anger or rage

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The Holy Spirit is one of Gods own spirit, whom is here to facilitate speaking directly to Father and confirm truth or discernment.

And I notice you will not acknowledge that as you keep referring to the Lord as "Brother".

I do not call him Jesus or Christ, I call him Brother or The Son, as I am required to. You call him Lord, because he is your lord. To me, he is very much different, only because of what I am. You cannot compare what I know to what you know, because we are different.

I like you, but you are saying a lot of things that are not biblical and offering explanations that contradict the CHRIST.

They do not contradict. Do not take my questions as my stance on a subject. I do ask these questions to gauge responses, that is all. What I have given do not contradict Brother at all, he never claimed to God, others have made this assumption. Just as you are making assumptions about me, when you do not know of my intent.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
Uhh what happened to John 3:16? that verse is telling you to believe in Jesus.

Believe in him, yes. But, my main point, do you have to believe in him as your personal savior to get to heaven? Or, can you believe in him, in his words to live life, and get to heaven?

The Jubilee laws require that a Kinsman redeem a slave. Jesus came as our Kinsman and if we desire redemption, he offers this to us. There is a requirement. We must take on the name (Character) of Jesus as our own name and we must bear fruit as a bond-servant. Taking the name apart from taking the character is taking the name of the Lord in vain. As I pointed out two posts ago, Jesus already knows our hearts as evidenced at the end of John 2. John 3 goes on to explain how Spirit and Soul gain union with God in the water. Our testimony to Him is our own name in this life by the reflection to him of our own character. It must match His. I will say it again. It's not about what we have done, but what has been done for us. God desires mercy and not sacrifice. Jesus is our Grace and our Mercy when God sees us. Only a changed heart can reflect this by matching our own name to that of Jesus name. Once we do this, God sees us as He sees Christ in us.

If we don't serve Christ as a bond-servant, we are not bonded to him, nor are we redeemed. Taking the name changes the heart sufficiently to guarantee this outcome.

edit on 19-7-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The Holy Spirit is one of Gods own spirit, whom is here to facilitate speaking directly to Father and confirm truth or discernment.

And I notice you will not acknowledge that as you keep referring to the Lord as "Brother".

I do not call him Jesus or Christ, I call him Brother or The Son, as I am required to. You call him Lord, because he is your lord. To me, he is very much different, only because of what I am. You cannot compare what I know to what you know, because we are different.

You are absolutely correct about that in that we are very different. You know what the scriptures say about "Trying the spirits" so I'm pretty sure you know what that means with respect to this dialog.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I can confess to you that, Jesus is Lord. He died for man, and returned above to return to his seat next to Fathers.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Many are taught that accepting Jesus Christ and accepting him into your life, you will be saved from hell. But, did Brother make this claim? The closest we can come to this is:

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Could Jesus have meant, imitate me, be like me, and you can enter heaven? Do you really think people who lived their lives like Brother, but don't accept him as Savior will be sent to eternal damnation?

You have other scriptures that talk about accepting Christ, but did Brother specifically say to do this or perish? Is it possible with having a direct relationship with God, or choosing your own way to God, but being good?

...and what of those who have no knowledge, understanding...and what of those who bring themselves into an experience of another 'deity'?...and what of those who do not get baptised?...and, and, and...

An interesting OP which answers itself...patently - Father, through Jesus...is not the only way...
If this were so, billions of unborn, stillborn, aborted, children (all of fathers' creation) would be instantly relegated to another place, without an opportunity...a stacked game from before the start...indeed, who would choose to play this game? What 'loving' God would provide the circumstances for immediate loss? NONE!

The spirit that 'moves' has NO denomination...sin is the to-and-fro of the 'guided-missile' soul...self correcting to hit an eventual target...and as many lifetimes as needed...to burst the carnate nature of the flesh and become as light...
The Father has no favorites - except...US ALL...the little flames...eventually reabsorbed into the original conflagration...

Consider Yourself a solitary candle - and you will burn to the quick...

Akushla x

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

to incite anger or rage

But, do you believe that there is no God?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Touche, you are a good researcher. You have read all there is to read and made an informed decision. That is all one can do. It is not like the old days when the mystery of Christ was not known to everyone. Now, it is all available via the Google. All one has to do is study, as you have, and decide. Now... we wait....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

what god? the one people made up a long time ago to control the population and get rich?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

what god? the one people made up a long time ago to control the population and get rich?

Ok, what about a creator? Do you think man was created?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Is Jesus the only way to God?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join