It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

That's exactly what I did Wolf went to corner and came back on a Rolling Rock. But thank you for the great tip anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
If you listen to Jesus, then yeah, the only way to God is through him. On the other hand, Jesus is not exactly the most objective source for information. Not that he's purposely lying. He tells the truth as he knows it. But he obviously has his own agenda.

he did not have his own agenda, but those that took his name and used it as a marketing tool did have an agenda...and still have that agenda...to control the hearts and minds of every living breathing human being on the planet, to suck us all dry, to make our lives a meaningless cycle of slavery and emptiness...many of the words of Jesus were twisted, added to, and misrepresented...some were omitted purposely and sadly lost to humanity...what we have written down is partially true, but too much has been corrupted to be reliable, so we must look at it with spiritual eyes to sift out the lies...

if you take the time to study the enemy, you soon realize that their patterns are the same as every religious order, and corrupt government (and they all fall to corruption sooner or later) and these corruptions are simply a reflection of the M.O. of the enemy...simply put they always find a way to infiltrate, pervert, control and take over everything...hostile takover/merger...it is in their nature to do so...they are similar to a disease or a cancer...they turn the body against itself, and in this case the body is just not "the church", not just some exclusive club that you say a prayer and get a magic wand waved over you to join, but all humans who have pure hearts are in this body, those who believe in the creator/life force and have chosen to disavow the corrupted teachings of religion...

the idea that people are corrupt from birth is the most blatant lie i have ever heard...we make mistakes because we are not perfect, true enough, but we are not inherently evil, we all have the capability to do good and have the capability to make grievous errors...that does not make us inherently evil as a species... that idea of being innately sinful or bad is more or less a guilt trip laid on people (who religious leaders think are stupid, therefore the word sheep is fitting and was fitting when the concept of comparison was formed)

people will always allow themselves to be lied to and manipulated if they do not know the truth, and Jesus attempted to teach people the truth...he was hunted down as a result...they had to be rid of him, or turn him to their side to shut him up...since turning him did not work, he had to be murdered...

there is so much i could go on about from this point about the supposed death and supposed resurrection...but suffice it to say that those were constructs designed to give the appearance of power, so that the "sinner" would have yet another magic formula they could use, a cure for "sin" and badness...the promise of eternal life dangled over their heads like a carrot (which sounds eerily similar to the promises of the preists of Osiris in Egypt to their congregations) when the truth was (and Jesus knew this as well) that eternal life was already possible given the right conditions, and given the right frame of mind and heart...nobody needed to do anything but believe in the truth...but more importantly we are eternal life, we live on through our children, and even after death our spiritual energy does not die, it is transformed, but not destroyed...it goes back to where it came from...from the source of all life...

what i am saying is everyone has been lied to, all religions have been taken over by the enemy, and we have to forget all the bogus doctrines, because clinging to even the slightest bit of them will only serve to confuse, divide, and deceive...you cannot defeat the enemy by parroting their lies, or adopting their method of organization...and following these supposedly true doctrines are following lies...clinging to the church or the temple or the masjid, or whatever, is allowing them to find you and eradicate you or absorb you...you have to think outside the box...disperse...stop funding and following the teachings of the enemy...meet with a few close friends, but do not adopt the labels that have been forced on us all...dont disband entirely, just spread out...find affirmation and community in smaller numbers...this is the key to being a part of those that remain...survive, carry the message on...search for truth...it will set you free...

George Lucas left us a hint in the revenge of the sith "but if he is the chosen one, then he is to return balance to the force and defeat the sith" "a prophecy misread could have been" "you were supposed to bring balance back to the force, and defeat the sith, not bind us in darkness!"

so in a way Jesus was used to bind many into darkness...not willingly, but his name was used to do so

"lord lord...did we not do all these things in your name?"

"depart from me...i never knew you"...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Many are taught that accepting Jesus Christ and accepting him into your life, you will be saved from hell.

"Accepting Jesus" is religious talk. Accepting Jesus is NOT in the Word of God.

"Read the Bible as many times as you will, but nowhere does any person say this or offer this. Jesus never asked people to accept Him as a personal Savior to be saved. None of the apostles ever made this statement. No evangelist or any other preacher recorded in sacred writ ever uttered this sentence. It is not found in any of the epistles to the churches. It is simply just not there.

...a person must be alive spiritually to accept anything spiritual. What can a dead man do? Nothing! A person who is dead in trespasses and in sin (not born again) can not accept anything. He can’t hear the gospel, he can’t see, and he can’t respond. A person must be alive spiritually to receive spiritual things...

I find another problem, possibly more important than the rest which is this: how can a person say they have accepted Jesus when they have not accepted his doctrines, the Holy scriptures.

When it boils right down to what accepting Jesus really is, it is decisional salvation which means that a person is suddenly born again, and the blood of Jesus is actually and really applied, when a person makes a decision. LINK

Diabolical Doctrine 1) Accept Jesus as your personal Savior, and you will be saved

This is one of the most harmful doctrines preached in evangelical Christendom. It’s a reflection of our impatient, intolerant, self-willed “instant society,” another expression of sinful flesh preserving itself, finding a face-saving way to placate God, survive, and appear righteous before men. It is grossly harmful because it gives a false sense of security. It is a doctrine of devils.

This doctrine has people deluded into thinking they’re saved. And it’s a concoction of devils to draw more people into religious circles. Because many people believe this lie, others are persuaded it must be true. The notion goes, “Many are invariably right and few are most certainly wrong because they are few.” But God never worked, doesn’t work, and never will work that way. LINK

I am asking, can one enter heaven, by doing what he told us on living, and have a direct relationship to God, without all of the extra stuff? (Baptism, Confessing, etc.)

My question is not on him dying for sins or anything else along those lines.

You've got some SERIOUS issues to deal with if you actually believe that the blood of Jesus is "extra stuff". The BLOOD of Jesus is the ONLY way you will ever make to Heaven.

Religion PRETENDS to be the way to Heaven and will lie to you and tell you all you need to do is be GOOD.

The Bible is clear that only those whose names are written (by God) in the book of life will be saved. And He does not write any names there that have not been washed from their sins by the Blood of His Son. God’s plan of how we are to be saved: the Blood of Jesus shed at the Cross of Calvary. LINK

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins." -Colossians 1:14

Hebrews 9:22, "...without shedding of blood is no remission. (forgivness )"

“Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! John 1:29

"Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot."
-1st Peter 1:18,19

...and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin" (1st John 1:7).

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

You've got some SERIOUS issues to deal with if you actually believe that the blood of Jesus is "extra stuff". The BLOOD of Jesus is the ONLY way you will ever make to Heaven.

Do not take my questions/comments as my stance on a subject. My intent is not because I do not know, but to gauge others responses.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Uhh what happened to John 3:16? that verse is telling you to believe in Jesus.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool

Believe in him, yes. But, my main point, do you have to believe in him as your personal savior to get to heaven? Or, can you believe in him, in his words to live life, and get to heaven?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I'm interested in this point. How can one, have the blood of the Lamb on them? If Jesus died for the sins of all, how does one obtain the blood?

As we cannot physically see the wind but see the evidences of its presence as it blows by "so is everyone that is born of the Spirit". True believing is an evidence that a person has been born again. A person does not become born again because they believe -- they believe because they have been born again. Our salvation is totally and completely the work of God and a product of His Will, not our own will -- as John 1:13 declared. Faith (believing) is the evidence that God has done a work in your heart. In our own will, we would never choose to seek God as Romans 3:10,11 says,

Salvation always begins with God's action (which we cannot physically see) and always results in our action, as we act upon faith and begin to seek to know and grow in a relationship with the Lord. To say that a person must "accept" Christ in order to be saved is leading people to trust in their own work of accepting and believing. The Bible is very clear that trusting in our own work in any way, can never lead to salvation LINK

Originally posted by Deetermined
As we know, it takes more than living LIKE Jesus. It takes living THROUGH Jesus and believing the ENTIRE message that he spoke in scripture.

1. We don’t “accept” Jesus, He redeems and then accepts us.
  2. Jesus doesn’t enter our heart, the Holy Spirit does.
  3. I don’t invite Jesus into my life, He invites me into His.

First, there is nothing more arrogant than for us to assume that Jesus must earn or receive our “acceptance.” The truth is, “the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God’s law; indeed, it cannot” (Romans 8:7). In fact, “those who are in the flesh cannot please God” Romans 8:8). The truth is, you are either in the flesh or in the Spirit (Romans 8:5). There’s a direct contrast between the two, so to tell someone—anyone—that they have the capability to accept something to which they are hostile is foolish. It would be like telling the darkness to accept the light or a decaying corpse to accept life. It cannot. The miraculous truth is that God accepts us because of the finished work of Christ. The only option we have is to bow down in humble worship and gratitude because we have been accepted (Colossians 1:13-14).

Second, Jesus doesn’t enter your heart. I have two big, big problems with this claim. Of greatest concern is that it doesn’t say this anywhere in the Bible. Sure, Jesus is “with us always (Matthew 28:20),” but no where in the Bible does it say that Jesus lives “in our heart.”

“When I became a Christian I didn’t invite Jesus into my life, He invited me into His.” Jesus doesn’t join your life, your plans, and your purposes. You join Jesus’ life, plans, and purposes. The point is simply that you do not attach Jesus to what you already have going on as though He’s a simple accessory to be added to your wardrobe. Instead, we reorient our entire lives around Him. Jesus becomes our True North. Instead of living for ourselves, we lay down our old lives and live for Christ." LINK

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Where did you get the quote from Deetermined? I have been following this thread, and even sent an invite to him to post in here, but I haven't seen him post as of yet.
edit on 19-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool

Believe in him, yes. But, my main point, do you have to believe in him as your personal savior to get to heaven? Or, can you believe in him, in his words to live life, and get to heaven?

the idea that one has to do hocus pocus to go to heaven, is a marketing scheme...

tell the potential consumer that they are so evil they are going to hell...then tell them a compelling story to add to the guilt...make them think they killed someone and that someone was a blood sacrifice for their sin...then offer the solution, but only if you join this particular religious organization...

the result? you got them hook line and sinker...then they will put so much money in the offering plate and be subject to your command for as long as they live, and you can slip in whatever political manipulation you want along the way to control them...you got their mind and their money...

so no i do not believe in this diabolical devilish doctrine...and i dont think Jesus does either...but he will return so then we will hear it from his own mouth...and i really do think that many will be shocked about what he says because their "sound doctrine" will be refuted...
edit on 19-7-2012 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Dear OP,

Don’t forget that Jesus claimed to be God. Therefore, he was either a raving lunatic or God. For if he was merely a wise Brother then he would not have claimed to be God. So if he was God, then it follows that he would be the only way to himself. Also, recall he said, “He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day.” (John 6:55 DRA) So Jesus set up a dichotomy of polar opposites, there is no place in the middle. Either you believe he was God and that he will give you eternal life or you believe he was a lunatic. Take your pick, you have free will, the truth will be made known in the end. I advise you all to believe in Jesus, his passion and resurrection. Believe that he will give you eternal life and it shall be yours. Ask and the door shall be opened unto you.

JackJack

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Many are taught that accepting Jesus Christ and accepting him into your life, you will be saved from hell. But, did Brother make this claim? The closest we can come to this is:

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

edit on 19-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

The reason why Jesus Christ said that is because he also said when asked "I and my FATHER are ONE" so no man comes to the Father but through Jesus because Jesus IS the Father (GOD) No man can come to God, but through GOD.

So........

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JackJack

ugh..

He did not claim to be God... :bnghd:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Don’t forget that Jesus claimed to be God.

Can you provide scripture for this? Brother never claimed to be God. The closest one could assume this, is from:
John 10:30

I and the Father are one

When this was said, he was saying this because he had his Fathers spirit within him acting as his spirit. When one from above comes here, they have their self, and another from above acting as the spirit. Brother is the only one who has and will ever have, Gods spirit acting as the spirit inside of his vessel.

link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Without the blood of the Lamb on you he sees your transgressions.

I'm interested in this point. How can one, have the blood of the Lamb on them? If Jesus died for the sins of all, how does one obtain the blood?

The book of Hebrews 8 reveals this. The altar on Earth is a copy of the one in Heaven.

3 Every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, and so it was necessary for this one also to have something to offer. 4 If he were on earth, he would not be a priest, for there are already priests who offer the gifts prescribed by the law. 5 They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”[a] 6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

To understand how the sanctuary here is a copy of the one in heaven helps to see clearly how the blood is gained by us in heaven. All I need to do is get you to see how the image works.

What did God say in Genesis about us here in this reality made of Time, Space, Matter and Energy? Two verses answer this.

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

Follow me closely here. When you see yourself in the image of a mirror, what do you see? Is it you? No, you are the one casting the image into the mirror from the light. The image looks real, yet you know the image is not where you really are.

If Heaven is the real and we are the image, then where are we?

Notice what Genesis 1:27 says. We are INSIDE God's image that he created. We are HIS image. Who are we if we are God's image? Not so quick to say we are God. This is not accurate. We are created by Word (John 1 / Information). We are created from Word into an image. Compare this to the DNA imprint of the 75 foot oak tree in the acorn. Which is the oak tree, the DNA instructions or the expression to form? Neither. They are only images of the archetype created by God. So are we. Our consciousness is a soul that belongs to us and the Spirit that belongs to God. When we look into the image of what God created, we look at God. We are behind a veil. God sees both sides of the image, just as we do when looking in a mirror. God's consciousness is on both sides.

The blood is applied on the other side of the image at the true altar. We are here making the sacrifice in the temple of the body. This is our image here, but the real us is on the other side behind the veil.

link   
reply to post by Akragon

Google it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

The reason why Jesus Christ said that is because he also said when asked "I and my FATHER are ONE" so no man comes to the Father but through Jesus because Jesus IS the Father (GOD) No man can come to God, but through GOD. So........

Father and Brother are separate (They sit next to each other above). They were considered one down here, because when two spirits are joined together like that, they are considered one by above. This is why he said we are one.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJack
reply to post by Akragon

Google it.

That is your best response? You want to stand before God, and when he asks what did you do for me. You want to tell him you told others to just google it? I see why we are in the state we are in down here.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Where did you get the quote from Deetermined?

Here:
How does one Accept Jesus?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

ugh..

exactly, every time he was asked who he was, or accused of being such and such, he diverted the answer, or said something so vague that it could be misunderstood...

i am also one with the creator because i allow the spirit to flow through me...

and contrary to this idea that the flesh and spirit are at odds, they are not, but we have been taught that they are to confuse and cripple us spiritually...we are the unity of flesh and spirit...we just forgot how to function with both in sync...

that false doctrine of separation was created to toy with our minds...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

ugh..

Yes he did in so many words.

HERE

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join