learn more

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

If you'd like to hear my reasons for believing so, I'd happily oblige.

Yes, please do share.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
Unfortunately

No reliable consistent proof of either

Well that depends on who the observer is. With your observation you have not discovered proof.

I get it..

But we are not all just like.... you ...... and have enough proof to satisfy ourself.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by followtheevidence

If you'd like to hear my reasons for believing so, I'd happily oblige.

Yes, please do share.

Im equally as open to hear :-)

I feel experiences had teach and form us.... Especially when searching for your own truth . I think it helps with discernment.
edit on 19-7-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Jesus was the phi ratio man of God (Jesus the man is to the son of God as the son of God is to God yet for love to be love there is always two as the love between the beloved and beloved other) who was filled with the spirit of God without measure, so from his perspective, there would be no other way but through him. It's not a statement of exclusive particularism, but one of all-inclusive boundary dissolution. Thus, he's the way, the life, the truth and the reality. Oh there are other paths and approaches, but none of them reach the apex of the mountain. Even of Buddhist thought he said "what does it profit a man to gain the WHOLE world, but lose his own soul" (passion, character, identity). Neither can Jesus be reduced to the stature of a merely good man, moral teacher, etc. He didn't leave any room for that when he said "I am the way" "I am the good shepherd" "I am the true vine" "I am the light of life" "I am the gateway" etc. etc.

That said, the sight of Christians who don't even HAVE him ie: aren't in love with him and spiritually co-mingled with him (bride) running around wielding him like a sharp sword under threat of hell, is about THE most disgraceful thing in the world today, because there's just no love in that, only hatred really, which deep down must involve a hatred of his love which they cannot understand, so "the easier, softer way" (although not so soft or subtle) is to turn in rage and hatred against their fellow man and tell them that they are all going to hell if they do not accept Jesus, a person, that the so-called "Christian" doesn't even KNOW to begin with!

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are!"
Mathew 23:15

It's diabolical and at enmity with his love to employ him as a threat, instead of introducing him and offering him as a loving invitation.

Take heed!

edit on 19-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Jesus is a person, not a path. The way jesus preached of is the way, it's the same way held by all other eastern religions. Christ said the kingdom of heaven is within, and that is the way. Saying jesus is the way makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

It does when we come to understand that Jesus is spiritual food for our enjoyment. I know that sounds unusual and hard to fathom, but it is what it is. He is to be eaten and "grokked" or taken in and fully integrated into our very being.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Good intentions is not a valid excuse for your sins. If you have rejected the gospel of Jesus Christ then that is your own folly. You have the chance for eternal life but instead you seek council from man rather than God. The Bible doesn't say that a loving God sends anyone to hell, and yet they do go to hell. But they don't go there because God sends them; it's the only place for those who have rejected Jesus Christ and have no capacity for God whatsoever. When you say that He's a loving God, you've only described one part of God. God also is righteous and just and holy. And if you think that you can violate all the different attributes of God and then depend on His love to save you, you're entirely wrong.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That said, the sight of Christians who don't even HAVE him ie: aren't in love with him and spiritually co-mingled with him (bride) running around wielding him like a sharp sword under threat of hell, is about THE most disgraceful thing in the world today, because there's just no love in that, only hatred really, which deep down must involve a hatred of his love which they cannot understand, so "the easier, softer way" (although not so soft or sublte) is to turn in rage and hatred against their fellow man and tell them that they are all going to hell if they do not accept Jesus, a person, that the so-called "Christian" doesn't even KNOW to begin with!

I think it is more of a scapegoat, because they cannot provide the answers that many seek. A person questions, and a Christian will come along and say, well if you don't do this, your going to burn in hell forever. Do they really think that works? Do they think they are winning anyone over? Many times, they say this, because they don't know how to tell others what they believe in.

Other times, they say this because this is what they heard. A lot of Christians go by what they are told, and take what the pastor said, and not search for it themselves.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

If you have rejected the gospel of Jesus Christ then that is your own folly.

What is the gospel of Jesus that she is rejecting? If you read her posts, she clearly believes in what he says, not what others say about him.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

reply to post by network dude

edit to add: And for a Muslim replace God with Allah. (same guy)

Many will disagree, but above, Father accepts all that call upon his name, whichever name that they may use.

I believe this. I my self grew up a Baptist and am now venturing into Judaya Christianity. I don't believe EVERYTHING I read because it is ALL tainted. Man wrote it, for it is not perfect.

That being said, I believe most all religions are good. Any one who walks there life for God, and to always try and do good by thy self and others. Wouldn't make sence for them to go to hell.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by MamaJ

Good intentions is not a valid excuse for your sins. If you have rejected the gospel of Jesus Christ then that is your own folly. You have the chance for eternal life but instead you seek council from man rather than God. The Bible doesn't say that a loving God sends anyone to hell, and yet they do go to hell. But they don't go there because God sends them; it's the only place for those who have rejected Jesus Christ and have no capacity for God whatsoever. When you say that He's a loving God, you've only described one part of God. God also is righteous and just and holy. And if you think that you can violate all the different attributes of God and then depend on His love to save you, you're entirely wrong.

This is where it gets simple. Lol

YOU say he is also all of that.... All of the human traits we try to perfect. Is God not perfect? He is in my eyes.

Jesus described him as Love

I believe Jesus .... and...I dont reject him so preach the choir elsewhere.... Sorry.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

If we do not love and forgive, then we can't be loved and forgiven. Many don't understand or even KNOW about the scriptures you quote so easily, so how can you even begin to talk about the hellish repercussions for rejecting something they might not even be familiar with, and what's to motivate them to even begin to look into it open-mindedly after they've encountered you, if that's the example of what they too might become! It would be funny, if it wasn't so sad, but I prefer to think that it's hilarious, because God knows better and knows everyone's heart, and there are some mightily loving people, open to God's love who are not Christian, so when they encounter the loving one in whatever form, and he does appear in many forms, they'll recieve him. It's YOU I'm worried about to be honest because you preach a strict doctrine but do not appear to have the love of Christ the compassionate one who's love for all is boundless and endless. Your style of evangelism is hurtful, not helpful to the sharing of the gospel which is ALL GOOD NEWS!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

That said, please forgive me my revulsion towards you and your style of evangelism, I don't mean to be harassing you every time you make a post. You're obviously comitted to the word, but you know I'm sure what Jesus said about the letter of the law and the spirit of it.

It's better that people be astonished by our capacity for love and inquire into it's nature, however, than for us to preach, can't you see that? And in this day and age, doing anything otherwise is not only hurtful to the cause, but might be thought of, in boxing terms as "leading with the chin"..

Your chin's way out, and it evokes a natural inclination to want to smash it, hard (like I said, forgive me for my outburst).

Christians battling, punching biting and wrestling oh my, how ridiculous! The atheists must just love watching this #!

edit on 19-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

No that's what the Bible says. It seems you have chosen to make up your own personal God in your mind to suit you (this is called idolatry). You believe in Jesus but even the demons believe and tremble. So what makes you better of than them? Do you believe Jesus is THE Christ (God in flesh) and rose from the dead on the 3rd day? If you do not then you are talking about another JESUS other than the one in the Bible that I am not familiar with.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You believe in Jesus but even the demons believe and tremble.

Actually, it said they believe in one God, not Jesus.

You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that —and shudder.

Do you believe Jesus is THE Christ (God in flesh) and rose from the dead on the 3rd day? If you do not then you are talking about another JESUS other than the one in the Bible that I am not familiar with.

Does one need to believe in this, to gain access to heaven? I want to ask this from his own words, and not the words of others.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

I am not here to tickle peoples ears and tell them what they want to hear. Its out of love that I speak to them in truth. The word of God is sharper than any two-edged sword. You do not like my evangelism? Then obviously I am doing my job properly.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Does one need to believe in this, to gain access to heaven? I want to ask this from his own words, and not the words of others.

Yes. I urge you to read the Bible, this is the formula for salvation preached by Jesus and the apostles through the new testament. Repent (change of mind about who Jesus is) then believe that Jesus rose from the dead. Don't believe me? I can post all the scriptures if you like. This is Biblical Christianity and how you can know if someone is really a Christian or not.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I urge you to read the Bible

I know more of the bible than you give me credit for. I am only asking questions for one reason only, not because I do not know.

Can you post scriptures of Jesus talking about salvation, and only him?
edit on 19-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Obviously.

You don't come across as very loving and I can read your heart between the lines between the lines.

Neither are you helping to win anyone over even if only into an honest inquiry free from any sort of contemptous bias prior to investigation or in some cases a re-investigation/examination.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Akragon

I think I need a break from this forum. That's what I think.

Religion meets Getsuga Tensho. Getsuga wins.

Sometimes, you just gotta turn off the monitor and take a break. An ice cold beer tastes great in that situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join