It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I was talking to my cousin the other day who I just met. She and I are the same age and have lead different journeys, obvioisly. She is what I would consider a die hard Christian. She knows hers Bible and will tell anyone in a New York minute that they will go to hell if they do not accept Jesus Christ as their Lord!

For my heart..... This is so sad. And.....

Very sad indeed Jesus as the other side of the gate of hell, doesn't give a person much room to work with, to respond to his love with love in kind..!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
No Jesus isn't the only way to God. If you think about all religions teach the same things at the core of it's faith.

Don't kill
Don't steal
Don't bear false witness
Treat others as you would have them treat you
Respect your mother and father
And have faith in God.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Yep, love God above all and neighbor as self. Even Jesus said there was nothing more than that required for eternal life.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

The only way to have a relationship with God is through his son Jesus Christ. Not by imitating how he lived, but rather by having a change of mind about who he is and believing he rose from the dead. Once you have accepted him into your heart God will send the Holy Spirit to reside in you. Only once you have become born again can you have a relationship with God.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Then how is it that you do not occur to us as more loving and understanding than just about everyone else? Perhaps your doctrine is getting in the way of the actual spirit of God? Which is better, to love your neighbor, or convert him based on a set formula of salvation?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by jhill76

The only way to have a relationship with God is through his son Jesus Christ. Not by imitating how he lived, but rather by having a change of mind about who he is and believing he rose from the dead. Once you have accepted him into your heart God will send the Holy Spirit to reside in you. Only once you have become born again can you have a relationship with God.

I respect you and your beliefs.... But im sorry to say and hopefully you will not get offended, but Jesus is more light and love than you give him credit for.

You may think you are going to heaven and im going to hell.... Thats fine. Just remember the heart does not lie in the face of God. Your hearts intent either resounds in love or it doesnt. Love does not keep record nor does it judge. Jesus said, " God is love". In order to know either Jesus or God, you first have to learn, understand, and give ( and receive) LOVE.

LOVE does not burn souls for eternity. This lie... Is from the opposite of love and its meant to not only deceive but to divide. Look at the world today. Its proof.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Then how is it that you do not occur to us as more loving and understanding than just about everyone else? Perhaps your doctrine is getting in the way of the actual spirit of God? Which is better, to love your neighbor, or convert him based on a set formula of salvation?

I love your heart! Bless you from each end of the Earth! God is good all the time! He is LOVE!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I was talking to my cousin the other day who I just met. She and I are the same age and have lead different journeys, obvioisly. She is what I would consider a die hard Christian. She knows hers Bible and will tell anyone in a New York minute that they will go to hell if they do not accept Jesus Christ as their Lord!

For my heart..... This is so sad. And.....

Very sad indeed Jesus as the other side of the gate of hell, doesn't give a person much room to work with, to respond to his love with love in kind..!

That that is so hilarious just proves that Jesus already crashed that gate and continues to do so, and that he isn't so fond of the fire and brimstone proseletizers, to say the least!

edit on 19-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Thank you!

Yes, we're either in love with Jesus, or we have yet to fall in love with him ie: he is the aspect of my heart that you love, because trust me, I wasn't always this way.

Bible thumpers who aren't REALLY in love with him, but who are stuck on doctrine, well, if he was here he would probably ask them to throw away their bible and come, follow him! One way or another, he'd really give it to them, but lovingly, until they might fall down laughing or crying, or both, at the utter absurdity of their own folly.

edit on 19-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Is Jesus the only way to God?

Yes

Next question

LMAO......

You know, there's a lot to be said for brevity.
Keep it simple, man. Gotta dig that......

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I would say if he was here they would call him a false prophet, or a heretic... Laugh at him... etc etc...

IF he showed up i highly doubt any Christians would even recognize him.... let alone follow him

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Oh they would either know him by his ingenius sense of humor, which is never dirty btw, or, because he wasn't all pious, and laughing it up most of the time (oh he'd rip right into some people, especially the fire and brimstoners), you're right, they'd cal him a heretic, insane, or worse. Ironically, he does come through those who recieve him and who seek him out, but he only ADDS to one's personality, never turning a passionate person into a tamed sheep who can't even say his name "Jesus" with a normal degree of sincerity.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Yeah, you can really tell a person by their words and actions. Jesus was and always will be my man and the one I follow. I would hope I could recognize him in every way and sadly some of us wouldnt.

In our world today, I assume majority of christians and the like would call him crazy! :-(

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Yeah, you can really tell a person by their words and actions. Jesus was and always will be my man and the one I follow. I would hope I could recognize him in every way and sadly some of us wouldnt.

Ah, it is so nice to know that I'm not his only bride ie: wed to him, and no that doesn't make me gay, not that it would make any difference if I was.

A perfect wife I am not, but that I'm married to him is undeniable.

So we brides of Christ, we don't even mention hell or the threat of hell, no we say "come, and freely drink the livng (non dual) water of eternal life. Ours, is a loving invitation, theirs, a doctrine which kills the possibility for someone to freely fall in love with him also. Big distinction.

God bless you for your Christian heart also.

Love,

Bob
aka NAM, in Christ.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
No you do not. Does a baby who dies in some accident not reach God? Does an autistic person not reach God? You don't need a book to find God.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Get it?
reply to post by Akragon

No I absolutely don't get it and neither do you..

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The Only thing i don't get is Christian theology...

Thats ok though... they don't get it either... thats why theres 34k different flavors of said religion

Believe whatever you like though...

edit on 19-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think I need a break from this forum. That's what I think.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Unfortunately

No reliable consistent proof of either

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I'll tell you what; I was deeply touched by some of the comments on this thread.

I imagine Jesus was too...

Thanks for the fellowship guys!!!

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join