It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 48
13
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


Seems to me you listen to what other people (Christians) think so much that you allow it to form your own beliefs. First off it was Jesus who taught about hell more than anyone. Of the 24 times in the New Testament where hell is referred to, 16 of those 24 times was by Jesus himself. Thats 66% of the time. So when Christians warn or speak of hell, its not their opinion, its a biblical fact.

Secondly, I go to a baptist seminary and we do indeed study not only other christian/catholic beliefs and practices, but also all the other religions in the world. I took a class on world religions and had to teach one class that semester on Buddhism so baptists are aware of more than you give them credit for. Mind you im not a member of any denomination....

Thirdly, when Christians speak of needing to be born again etc, that to came first from Jesus in John chapter 3. Twice Christ said you MUST be born again. In Greek, born again only means born from above (spiritual realm). What do u care so much what other christians think?

Just follow the scriptures an you will be fine. There not hard to understand.




posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsha
reply to post by MamaJ
 


Seems to me you listen to what other people (Christians) think so much that you allow it to form your own beliefs. First off it was Jesus who taught about hell more than anyone. Of the 24 times in the New Testament where hell is referred to, 16 of those 24 times was by Jesus himself. Thats 66% of the time. So when Christians warn or speak of hell, its not their opinion, its a biblical fact.

Secondly, I go to a baptist seminary and we do indeed study not only other christian/catholic beliefs and practices, but also all the other religions in the world. I took a class on world religions and had to teach one class that semester on Buddhism so baptists are aware of more than you give them credit for. Mind you im not a member of any denomination....

Thirdly, when Christians speak of needing to be born again etc, that to came first from Jesus in John chapter 3. Twice Christ said you MUST be born again. In Greek, born again only means born from above (spiritual realm). What do u care so much what other christians think?

Just follow the scriptures an you will be fine. There not hard to understand.


Seems to me you are drawing wrong conclusions.....

Not you, not the christian, not buddha, no one influences me one way or another, I form my own opinion. Im very strong willed... But you dont know that do you?

I NEVER SAID there was not a hell. I simply told a story of my dads first day of class in regards to Hades.

My dad went to school over fifty years ago honey so no doubt its changed. :-)

I totally believe in reincarnation as I have studied for well over thirty years myself.

Im not WORRIED about what any one thinks about me.... Again your assumptions are waaaay off. I made an observation from years of ridicule by different denominations of christians. Theres no worry, just smiles and laughing. Thanks though.

Take a step back and listen/read before making such assumptions. Listening helps one learn!

As far as taking your advice to do blankity blank so I " will be fine" are words I can appreciate and respect, however im already just fine, thank you.
edit on 25-7-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   


Seems to me you listen to what other people (Christians) think so much that you allow it to form your own beliefs.
reply to post by Elsha
 


I meant to quote this as well in my post and ask you since you seem to be sooooo knowing, what is it I believe?

Also..... How have I allowed christians opinion of me help form my belief?

Dont jump on a band wagon without first knowing its destination. Lol
edit on 25-7-2012 by MamaJ because: Spelling



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   


Mind you im not a member of any denomination....
reply to post by Elsha
 


Why did you choose Baptist Seminary?



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ



Mind you im not a member of any denomination....
reply to post by Elsha
 


Why did you choose Baptist Seminary?


Probably because they believe the bible is the word of God and don't rely on pseudo-intellectual conjecture.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta
 


Probably? And.... Are you being mean and judgemental?

Rest my case! Lol

I like facts.... Truth.... Ya know...... Not lies. I find my truth and you find yours.... Whats the problem?

You want me to fall to my knees and say you are right, you hold the truth? Sorry, i await Jesus! :-)



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by studythem1
 


All I can say, Studythem1, is that it's clear to me that you're more willing to believe in ET's than fallen angels and some unknown Creator versus the God or Jesus of the Bible, even though you claim you've been studying the Bible for the last 12 years? What can I say? The message wasn't meant for everyone, just like the Bible says. "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." Now I get why it's so confusing and secretive to you.
edit on 25-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)


i have been studying the bible for much longer that 12 years...33 years to be exact...i never said i studied the bible for 12 years...i have studied a wide range of subjects in the last 12 years seriously...that is a lot of material...i read an average of a book every week...

i never said i believe in an unknown god...you keep putting words in my mouth, i never said i do not believe in Jesus...i just do not believe every word of the bible, nor do i believe that the council of Nicaea was a good thing...nor do i believe that the religion of Christianity was practiced by Christ himself...like i said they hijacked his name and plastered his likeness over a death cult that has changed its name and image consistently and constantly over the centuries...Christianity after Constantine was the beginning of the NWO in the old roman empire...
edit on 25-7-2012 by studythem1 because: mistyped



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
When my dad was in ministry school he had to learn about all religions, not everyone does. The baptist preacher only learns the baptist teachings, but this wasnt the case for my dad, a methodist.

Of course when he learned all about Enuma Elis he compared just as he was asked to and told me the first day his professor told him to " forget everything you have been taught and read.... Some will not make it past this first day and I want to first tell you, hell isnt real! " a lady was immediately taken out by security as she became enraged! Obviously throughout there were others who left... Makes you wonder!

He obtained a PHD from Vanderbilt and retired as a school teacher because the ministry of lying was not his style, so he says.

Many preachers however do not know the history of the bible at all! Its a pay check for them.... Period.


edit on 25-7-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)


i also went to seminary long ago, and ended up leaving in disgust because of the arrogance of the professors and students there...only one was forthcoming to me and that was the resident expert on Islam...at a Christian college no less...he was very honest and not condemnatory towards the Muslim at all, he saw them as brothers and sisters, regardless of the differences in their beliefs...

but the straw that really broke the camels back, and what really made me have to leave eventually was because the longer i stayed, the more my peers saw it as a game...they were out for the easy money that was in churches, a sure bet...they cared nothing for truth...they were arrogant, argumentative, opinionated and damned anyone who did not believe exactly as they did...

then i began my search for what is real in life, and followed my dreams...my dreams led me to a decent life, but eventually it all fell apart and i had nobody to rely on but the creator...i had to exercise faith like never before and trust that the creator would guide me, and provide for every need literally...i have been homeless, people have tried to kill me, and i have been all over the world...and each experience has taught me something about life, and what is real...what is important, and how to be thankful...

i have probably written more than most people write for a doctoral thesis...because that is how i express myself the best...

what i get the distinct impression of is a lot of these christian apologists here are in school and are testing out their wings on people like you or i...when they dont realize how deep the water is...and they keep asking what we believe so they can pull out their little handbook for apologetics...and throw us in a box so they can use a specific line of argument on us and hopefully convert us so they win some brownie points from the sky...or at least win an argument here, and then if they cant do that they default to cutting and pasting bible quotes as if they were darts being thrown at a dart board...

my predictions are usually right...

but my point is their behavior does not exhibit following Jesus at all...Buddha was a better follower of Jesus...

even the real Muhammad was a better follower of Jesus...
edit on 25-7-2012 by studythem1 because: added info



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by studythem1
 


what is this the Spanish inquisition?


Erm, yes, it is.

studythem1, I'm so glad you have joined ATS. I was reading from the bottom up, and starring you as I go along. Just wanted you to know I'm with ya, 100%....

i believe that the creators messengers (angels for lack of a better label) have since then attempted to set what was wrong, back right...but they cannot interfere too much...they must honor our free will...that is why they dont just spill the beans and wave a magic wand...we have to be involved...we have to choose, we have to resist evil...the kingdom of the creator, is not a dictatorship...where everything is going to be promised for us...and all we have to do is slave away...every one of us has got to be involved/engaged in it...but its still our choice...

Indeed.

I have added you and MamaJ to my friends list.

Namaste!

edit on 25-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)


thanks for the stars, but my aim is more to let people see a different point of view, the information is important...more important than me...so if you know anyone who might like to know more, send them here to read this thread...if they need more info, they only have to look for it, the info is out there waiting...in many books, and all over the internet in books online, or blogs, or articles...

i added you too by the way...




posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1
 

Dude, welcome. It's a bit rough in here...
but I'm on your side.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes
 


As am I. Those who do their research often become disillusioned...does this tell ATS anything?



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 


I forgot to add you too Afterinfinity...lol...

i agree, we do, but the more i studied, the more i gained hope and happiness eventually...

the further i go...the more the way becomes clearer...



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1
 


It only gives happiness and peace if you're not looking for a cheap way out, but just ANSWERS...



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
 


I read your post and im pretty sure I read it correctly. I wrote what I wrote and gave you my points. I stand by it.

I chose a baptist seminary because they have a very good staff and they have a lot of potentialities such as connection to the North American and International mission boards. They also pay half my tuition. And yes they are biblically conservative in that they still believe the bible is the Word of God as I do. There is not much I disagree with the Southern Baptists on doctrinally although I do think they need to chill out a little on judging people who smoke,swear, drink, dance, etc.



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsha
 


They also pay half my tuition.

Ahh! And there we have it.


And yes they are biblically conservative in that they still believe the bible is the Word of God as I do.

It is not. It is the product of 2000 years of alteration.


There is not much I disagree with the Southern Baptists on doctrinally


sad


although I do think they need to chill out a little on judging people who smoke,swear, drink, dance, etc.

Yeah. Ya think?

Please, rethink your trajectory. Sorry, I'm just very worried......



posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1

Originally posted by MamaJ
When my dad was in ministry school he had to learn about all religions, not everyone does. The baptist preacher only learns the baptist teachings, but this wasnt the case for my dad, a methodist.

Of course when he learned all about Enuma Elis he compared just as he was asked to and told me the first day his professor told him to " forget everything you have been taught and read.... Some will not make it past this first day and I want to first tell you, hell isnt real! " a lady was immediately taken out by security as she became enraged! Obviously throughout there were others who left... Makes you wonder!

He obtained a PHD from Vanderbilt and retired as a school teacher because the ministry of lying was not his style, so he says.

Many preachers however do not know the history of the bible at all! Its a pay check for them.... Period.


edit on 25-7-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)


i also went to seminary long ago, and ended up leaving in disgust because of the arrogance of the professors and students there...only one was forthcoming to me and that was the resident expert on Islam...at a Christian college no less...he was very honest and not condemnatory towards the Muslim at all, he saw them as brothers and sisters, regardless of the differences in their beliefs...

but the straw that really broke the camels back, and what really made me have to leave eventually was because the longer i stayed, the more my peers saw it as a game...they were out for the easy money that was in churches, a sure bet...they cared nothing for truth...they were arrogant, argumentative, opinionated and damned anyone who did not believe exactly as they did...

then i began my search for what is real in life, and followed my dreams...my dreams led me to a decent life, but eventually it all fell apart and i had nobody to rely on but the creator...i had to exercise faith like never before and trust that the creator would guide me, and provide for every need literally...i have been homeless, people have tried to kill me, and i have been all over the world...and each experience has taught me something about life, and what is real...what is important, and how to be thankful...

i have probably written more than most people write for a doctoral thesis...because that is how i express myself the best...

what i get the distinct impression of is a lot of these christian apologists here are in school and are testing out their wings on people like you or i...when they dont realize how deep the water is...and they keep asking what we believe so they can pull out their little handbook for apologetics...and throw us in a box so they can use a specific line of argument on us and hopefully convert us so they win some brownie points from the sky...or at least win an argument here, and then if they cant do that they default to cutting and pasting bible quotes as if they were darts being thrown at a dart board...

my predictions are usually right...

but my point is their behavior does not exhibit following Jesus at all...Buddha was a better follower of Jesus...

even the real Muhammad was a better follower of Jesus...
edit on 25-7-2012 by studythem1 because: added info


This theme just got very interesting.

Sounds like two people know the real deal of organized religion. It is a formula stage play theatrical production all about getting money from the vulnerable of mind, who are easily exploited, while not ever imparting the truth of religion or the real Jesus, the man, to them.

Great to see some other tell it like it really is behind the curtains of religious training.

As Elton John might sing: "You will be blessed" with lots of blue stars.


edit on 25-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Simple truths are a spendor to behold.



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
This theme just got very interesting.

Sounds like two people know the real deal of organized religion. It is a formula stage play theatrical production all about getting money from the vulnerable of mind, who are easily exploited, while not ever imparting the truth of religion or the real Jesus, the man, to them.

Great to see some other tell it like it really is behind the curtains of religious training.

As Elton John might sing: "You will be blessed" with lots of blue stars.


edit on 25-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Simple truths are a spendor to behold.


not only that, it is a distraction to keep us bound by nonsense so we do not pay attention to what is really going on around us...because the government is ordained by god...how convenient, or what we do here is not important because we are not of the world...how convenient...or this flesh is a temporary vessel (true enough but bad reasoning for doing nothing that effects others positively here and now)...its all a bunch of mind games aimed at controlling people...no matter what religion it is...they are all wrong...even Buddhism was hijacked in this way...i still do not understand how hanging on to ideas that cannot be proven is somehow faith...when real faith is trust in the creator...or building trust with our brothers and sisters...

and what still further boggles the mind is how oversimplified most religions tackle other beings...they either fall into one or the other category...everything we dont understand has to be an angel or a demon, there is no room for trying to classify anything by scientific method...we dare not think with an open mind because that is of the devil...

you know what the fallen "angels" sin was? it was forcing themselves on others...and they were already punished...they have no power any more...unless you give it to them...

you know what the other sin was? pretending to be the creator and they were punished also...

they even tried to tell us we sinned, to make us feel guilty...to control us...its in the same spirit as the slave owner telling the black man or woman they are sinners because of their skin color...all because they made us, so that gave them the right to push us around...well guess what? they may have combined the DNA, they may have been the instruments of the creator of all, but that does not give them the right to control anyone, and they did not create the spirit/soul...which makes us not theirs...

but man never learns...which is why those that are doing these exact things now, (usurping the powers of the creator as their own) are in for a rude awakening when their punishment comes full circle...

sure we dont have to do anything...nature and the universe always balance themselves out...but if we work to help balance it out...starting spiritually first...(because all things start with the mind and heart...why else would military intelligences try and control hearts and minds???) then then we can begin to see the power of the creator flow through us...

the more people that shake off the fear and say no to all these shenanigans going on, the stronger we become...the easier "they" will fail...

but we cannot play their game and do it...we cannot be bound by their religions...

this is what Jesus meant by putting new wine in old wine-skins...but yet people try to do it time and again, and in the end the old wine-skins fail...

Jesus followers understood this, but later those that claimed to follow Jesus (like Paul and Constantine) did just that...put the new wine in the old wine-skins, by placing the spiritual lessons he tried to teach us, into the old corrupt occult...the old religion, the old bondage...it never works...
edit on 26-7-2012 by studythem1 because: more explanation



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Elsha
 


You still stand by your points? Why? They were not accurate points to make so there is no need to stand by anything that is false.... Right?

Assumptions get us no where.... When we look at a puzzle and begin putting the pieces together, they have to fit, otherwise the picture never becomes clear. It remains distorted, just as your view of me. Thats ok with me, just want to point that.... Point..... Out.

Understanding me is no easy task. If you go through all my posts regarding spirituality or religion it becomes clear where I stand.

I have always stood right beside Jesus.

I may study another religion or an ancient myth for a few days, even weeks, but that doesnt mean I am steering away from Jesus..... Im expanding on my spirituality and allowing him to guide me....

Christians do not understand this.... And guess what, its not my issue to deal with. I do not allow their opinion of me to form my belief, if I did then I would be a die hard bruised up knee havin kinda christian and that I will never be! Lol



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I understand all of what you guys are saying as I have also studied ancient history.

Ive only recently put the puzzle together regarding secret societies...

My question is now this...

What does it all mean regarding the end times? And how does it all relate to the Bible?



posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1

i never said i believe in an unknown god...you keep putting words in my mouth, i never said i do not believe in Jesus...i just do not believe every word of the bible, nor do i believe that the council of Nicaea was a good thing...nor do i believe that the religion of Christianity was practiced by Christ himself...like i said they hijacked his name and plastered his likeness over a death cult that has changed its name and image consistently and constantly over the centuries...Christianity after Constantine was the beginning of the NWO in the old roman empire...
edit on 25-7-2012 by studythem1 because: mistyped


No, what you said was that it made more sense that aliens/ET's made humans over the story of God having done it.

What amuses me is all of the people who claim they believe in Jesus, yet don't want to believe everything the Bible has to say about him and the only text in which he is quoted.

What amuses me even more is that you're capable of acknowledging some kind of Creator, but you don't think He's capable of preserving words in the Bible. It amazes me how many limitations people throw on God.

All I did was explain why you don't believe in every word of the Bible and why you don't understand it. I think it's quite clear.
edit on 26-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

log in

join