It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsha
reply to post by studythem1

Ok there may be some things here you don't know about. What Jesus did was done in public not in secret and by this I mean the miracles. Now, Simon Greenleaf was the Dean of Harvard Law School in the late 1800's and he was an atheist. He wanted to examine the gospels and see if they could pass the test of whether or not they were documents that could be admissible in a court of law and by this, he was pointing to their historical validity. Greenleaf after a major study of the subject became convinced that the gospels were genuine, well preserved, and historically valid using all tests and criteria. That means that all the witnesses to miracles could be called to the witness stand. Another example of what this means:

Paul said that if people did not believe his written epistles about the miracles of Christ such as the resurrection, then they could ask 500 people who saw the risen Christ because Paul's reasoning was " I know 500 people living right now who saw Jesus after he died." Greenleafs says this would be overwhelming evidence in a court of law. Today you need one maybe two eyewitnesses to keep you from being found innocent. Jesus could have called 500 witnesses to the resurrection. Would you find him guilty of lying??

heard that one before too...and it does not mean much to me...the same people that crated the court system and the legal system, were the ones who created the new testament... and compiled all the supporting documents, and gleaned all the records to force the validity of their versions of the gospel...they make it confusing on purpose, and stack the deck to make it seem like the evidence cannot be refuted...

i do not believe paul...i think some of what was attributed to him was not his work, but someone much more brilliant...and the parts that were him...i would not even want to be around him...he is confused himself...

isn't it also common knowledge that in order to be a credible witness in court you have to be consistent? throwing out exaggerated numbers does not lend credibility to Paul...it only makes him seem like more of an opportunist...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

reply to post by autowrench

I dont understand what you mean. There are over 5000 manuscripts dating back close to the time of Christ (which are the same scriptures the early church first century scholars quoted so we know they were there early on) and many of them are in museums around the world. As for the Old Testament Masoretic text, even atheists admit the Jews did a very good job of preserving there holy books. The Dead Sea scrolls back that up. You can see these writings all over the world !!??

and if you go to Spain and Italy every other cathedral has a splinter of the cross and the holy cup that Jesus drank from at the last supper!!! or the hem of his garment...or the original book of john or some such nonsense...

statistics mean nothing when you have seen what they are really talking about...

and how many of those manuscripts were mass produced? or is that 5000 fragments...

the Jews did an OK job...but still sloppy...the Samaritan version of the Pentateuch is way more precise and accurate...the Jewish version was recorded from a verbal recitation of the older exiles that returned...

and yet the christian church still insists on following the Jewish version...wonder why? could it be they would rather do what is politically correct over what is accurate or true?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1

Ok there may be some things here you don't know about. What Jesus did was done in public not in secret and by this I mean the miracles. Now, Simon Greenleaf was the Dean of Harvard Law School in the late 1800's and he was an atheist. He wanted to examine the gospels and see if they could pass the test of whether or not they were documents that could be admissible in a court of law and by this, he was pointing to their historical validity. Greenleaf after a major study of the subject became convinced that the gospels were genuine, well preserved, and historically valid using all tests and criteria. That means that all the witnesses to miracles could be called to the witness stand. Another example of what this means:

Paul said that if people did not believe his written epistles about the miracles of Christ such as the resurrection, then they could ask 500 people who saw the risen Christ because Paul's reasoning was " I know 500 people living right now who saw Jesus after he died." Greenleafs says this would be overwhelming evidence in a court of law. Today you need one maybe two eyewitnesses to keep you from being found innocent. Jesus could have called 500 witnesses to the resurrection. Would you find him guilty of lying??

heard that one before too...and it does not mean much to me...the same people that crated the court system and the legal system, were the ones who created the new testament... and compiled all the supporting documents, and gleaned all the records to force the validity of their versions of the gospel...they make it confusing on purpose, and stack the deck to make it seem like the evidence cannot be refuted...

i do not believe paul...i think some of what was attributed to him was not his work, but someone much more brilliant...and the parts that were him...i would not even want to be around him...he is confused himself...

isn't it also common knowledge that in order to be a credible witness in court you have to be consistent? throwing out exaggerated numbers does not lend credibility to Paul...it only makes him seem like more of an opportunist...

Where is the proof of your claim that "the same people that created the court system and legal system, were the ones who created the new testament" . You cant throw out statements without backing them up which elsha has provided you with evidence for his position from credible sources. Also you may want to look into the history of the legal system. You may be surprised to find its origins are more likely from the sumerians and babylonians that we get the root of the legal system. Kind of strange since you claim sumerian creation is authentic but you have no trust for the legal system or the evidence it provides.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta

Where is the proof of your claim that "the same people that created the court system and legal system, were the ones who created the new testament" . You cant throw out statements without backing them up which elsha has provided you with evidence for his position from credible sources. Also you may want to look into the history of the legal system. You may be surprised to find its origins are more likely from the sumerians and babylonians that we get the root of the legal system. Kind of strange since you claim sumerian creation is authentic but you have no trust for the legal system or the evidence it provides.

you cannot trust everything from one group of people or another...i do not favor the Sumerians or the Babylonians over any other sources, however, i do think i am qualified to see truth and to shun lies where they pop up...and that is all i do...i do not play favorites as you would try and say i do...

i am saying that the same people that created the more modern legal system, also compiled the new testament and the "evidence" to support it...it it highly legalistic...it runs in the same thread...and you know what they call lawyers right? liars...i know this all to well first hand...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

the only people that care about genealogy, are the stuck up royals of every nation...and then they act like we should care about it too or we are less than human...because they have to prove something...but you know what? i dont have to prove anything...all i have to be is faithful to the creator, and honest, and genuine, and true to who i am...that is it...and eventually i have to die unless there is some miracle that i dont die...but that is it!

sure its cool to know where you came from...but in the end is it really even important? most people do not know where they are right now, let alone where they are going, so why worry about something they cannot control?

why must Christians always try and argue with ad hominim tactics?

or why must you attack they guy since you dont like what he said? he does not have to prove anything here about himself...he has already done the research to come to the conclusions he has about the bible long ago...truth trumps being forced any way...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

reply to post by NihilistSanta

the only people that care about genealogy, are the stuck up royals of every nation...and then they act like we should care about it too or we are less than human...because they have to prove something...but you know what? i dont have to prove anything...all i have to be is faithful to the creator, and honest, and genuine, and true to who i am...that is it...and eventually i have to die unless there is some miracle that i dont die...but that is it!

sure its cool to know where you came from...but in the end is it really even important? most people do not know where they are right now, let alone where they are going, so why worry about something they cannot control?

why must Christians always try and argue with ad hominim tactics?

or why must you attack they guy since you dont like what he said? he does not have to prove anything here about himself...he has already done the research to come to the conclusions he has about the bible long ago...truth trumps being forced any way...

Ok so its ad hominim to point out contradictions in your logic or for you to prove the validity of your claims?
No one is attacking or forcing anyone to do anything but you cant just call something an ad hominim attack when you dont have a rebuttal for it. He made a claim about autheticity then challenged people to prove the genealogies. His view is flawed because his method of proof he can not apply to his own genealogy so I was invalidating his arguement. The bible has a genealogy and the burden of proof is on him to back up his claim that the bibles genealogy is inaccurate.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You live in a world where evidence is crucial to all investigation, and expect that you be exempt from these processes?

Maybe you should move to a different planet.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

no Christians don't follow the Masoretic text because they are in awe of the Jews. They follow it because it has been historically very well preserved. That's just a simple FACT of this life we share.

Yes, there are over 5,000 copies of the original holy scriptures but no not 5000 full copies. Some of the copies are indeed fragments but thats not the issue. The issue is when these copies date to the actual time of the events depicted. 5000 copies is a tremendous amount for this sort of authentification. For example: the accounts of Julius Caesar have far less copies (only about a dozen) and they date further from the time of Caesar than the Gospels date to Jesus. I'm sorry but these are FACTS. This is not open to debate.

By the way, in the first century, the first century church quoted so much of the New Testament that if the New Testament were hypothetically lost, we could piece the entire thing (every single verse) back together again just using the writings of the first century church writers. That to is a FACT and an amazing authentification.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

See this is the problem. There is a LOT of misunderstanding on how history is authenticated. It's to much to go into but when it comes to the existence of the scriptures, the life death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth, the early church and the apostles, etc, we are not in the dark hoping we have this right. We are talking about historical events etc. This system of studying Christianity is called apologetics and you might say, it is a more mathematical, archeological, historical alaysis of the claims of Judeo-Christian faith and practice.

In other words...we dont have our fingers crossed hoping this will work out. We are historically on very solid ground.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

so nothing good resides under the sea...or under the ground...what are we living in the middle ages with sea monsters everywhere? and i suppose we will fall off the side of the earth too if we get too close right? i guess potatoes are of the devil and so are carrots and onions...and i suppose also we should not eat fish because those are from under the water...

Play ignorant all you want. If you know the Bible, than you should already know all of the references referring to hell being in the heart of the earth. Do you think the center of the earth is made up of hot molten lava for nothing?

i dont need a lesson in mitochondria, i have been studying/reading about them for the last 10 years...and i do think you are splitting hairs... of course mitochondria comes from the earth...they are a symbiotic life form...but they also are needed for us to live...they wear out and we die...

the 29 mothers is not the same group... we can all trace our origins back to 7 women...that is per the human genome project...the 29 are descended from the 7...

Where exactly is your source on this? Are you sure you have one? A link would be appreciated.

the book of Enoch does mention the watchers, but again what is the context? you cannot superimpose one books context on to another...

Are you serious? You don't see the connections between them all? Are you blind?

im getting the impression from this that you think i am worshiping Enki...no, he is long dead...he was mortal as you or i, even if it did take him longer to get old and die...and what is wrong with crediting him with being a brilliant geneticist? he was a scientist...he did not care about worship, he cared more about sex, he was a philanderer, but he was not god material...he was too down to earth...he was named lord of the earth as an honorary rank...for politics sake...he did not say he was a god literally, but the word he used means more like "i made you"...which is what we tell our children...

So, what is it that you believe again? You jump around so much it's hard to tell. Is God the one true God and Creator? Where does Jesus fit in, according to you?

however his cohorts, the ones who wanted all power and control...they were the ones who willfully played god...and impersonated the creator of the universe...

So, you admit that they were all impersonating the Creator, but you think their story is more intact and truthful than the Bible?

Enki did not create the Nephilim, but his womanizing actions did make those stationed above jealous so they came down and took wives of the daughters of men...literally came down and took women hostage and forced them...and they were all punished for their revolt and breaking the rules...that does not sound like spiritual beings to me, but flesh and blood that had urges and desires and were past the breaking point..

So, how were they punished? Where were they sent?

Abzu is also a word that can mean many things...Sumerian is not a strict language, it can have many words/sounds used for one meaning... or one word/sound for many meanings... so Abzu could also mean living water...or a location in Africa...or the Sea...it depends on the context...in this case it meant the lord of the city/base of Abzu... so the city/base was named after the living water/sea...commemorating Enki as he walked from his craft to shore...because back then the waters were alive...much more alive than today...we do this today as well, name places after things... so i suppose we could also find something demonic about that too right? it was a mayoral or administrative title...not a title of a god...

The waters were more alive then than today? What is that supposed to mean? It appears as though you're grabbing at straws on reaching a definition on Abzu and whether this place or any of the gods were real or not? And you say the Bible is confusing. The fact that you claim these stories make more sense than the Bible, but you don't know if any of these places or beings are spiritual or real speaks volumes.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Are you downplaying the importance of Christ's genealogy in the Bible?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsha

In other words...we dont have our fingers crossed hoping this will work out. We are historically on very solid ground.

So am I, only my history is many years before yours.

THE GREAT GODDESS

In prehistoric and early historic periods of human development, religions existed in which people revered their supreme creator as female.

The Great Goddess, the Divine Ancestress, was worshiped as far back as the Upper Paleolithic about 25,000 BC -- not 7000 BC as had been previously believed by archaeologists and scholars based on archaeological evidence. The last Goddess temples were closed about 500 AD.

Little has been written about the female deities who were worshiped in the most ancient periods of human existence and still today, the material there is has been almost totally ignored.

Most of the information and artifacts concerning the vast female religion, which flourished for thousands of years before the advent of the classical age of Greece, Judaism, Christianity, was dug out of the ground after the Second World War. It is these more recent excavations which have changed our view of our most ancient history.
GODDESS WORSHIP

Archaeological evidence proves that the Goddess religion existed and flourished in the Near and Middle East for thousands of years before the arrival of the patriarchal Abraham, first prophet of the male deity Yahweh.

Who was this Goddess? Why had a female, rather than a male, been designated as the supreme deity? How influential and significant was Her worship, and when had it actually begun?

Though goddesses have been worshiped in all areas of the world, we will focus on the religion as it evolved in the Near and Middle East, the cradle of western civilization. The development of the religion of the female deity in this area is intertwined with the earliest beginnings of religion so far discovered anywhere on earth.
THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL EVIDENCE

The archaeological evidence for the existence of this ancient religion comes in the form of statues, murals, inscriptions, clay tablets and papyri that recorded events. Legends and prayers revealed the form and attitudes of the religion and the nature of the deity. Many ancient legends often refer to ritual dramas. These were enacted at religious ceremonies of sacred festivals, coinciding with other ritual activities.

Comments were often found in the literature of one country about the religion or divinities of another. Most cultures have myths that explain their origins. However, these are not always the oldest.

There are numerous accounts of the antagonistic attitudes of Judaism, Christianity and Islam toward the sacred artifacts of the religions that preceded them, especially in the case of the Goddess worshiped in Canaan (Palestine).
source

Sophia, Goddess of Wisdom

Asherah, the Tree of Life and the Menorah : Continuity of a Goddess symbol in Judaism?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

How much do you know of the Bloodline of Christ and Magdalena? And their Daughter, Sarah? Here is a most excellent book that details this:
"Beyond the Da Vinci Code: From the Rose Line to the Bloodline"
by: Sangeet Duchane

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Elsha

So am I, only my history is many years before yours.

THE GREAT GODDESS

In prehistoric and early historic periods of human development, religions existed in which people revered their supreme creator as female.

The Great Goddess, the Divine Ancestress, was worshiped as far back as the Upper Paleolithic about 25,000 BC -- not 7000 BC as had been previously believed by archaeologists and scholars based on archaeological evidence. The last Goddess temples were closed about 500 AD.

Little has been written about the female deities who were worshiped in the most ancient periods of human existence and still today, the material there is has been almost totally ignored.

Most of the information and artifacts concerning the vast female religion, which flourished for thousands of years before the advent of the classical age of Greece, Judaism, Christianity, was dug out of the ground after the Second World War. It is these more recent excavations which have changed our view of our most ancient history.
GODDESS WORSHIP

Archaeological evidence proves that the Goddess religion existed and flourished in the Near and Middle East for thousands of years before the arrival of the patriarchal Abraham, first prophet of the male deity Yahweh.

Who was this Goddess? Why had a female, rather than a male, been designated as the supreme deity? How influential and significant was Her worship, and when had it actually begun?

Though goddesses have been worshiped in all areas of the world, we will focus on the religion as it evolved in the Near and Middle East, the cradle of western civilization. The development of the religion of the female deity in this area is intertwined with the earliest beginnings of religion so far discovered anywhere on earth.
THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL EVIDENCE

The archaeological evidence for the existence of this ancient religion comes in the form of statues, murals, inscriptions, clay tablets and papyri that recorded events. Legends and prayers revealed the form and attitudes of the religion and the nature of the deity. Many ancient legends often refer to ritual dramas. These were enacted at religious ceremonies of sacred festivals, coinciding with other ritual activities.

Comments were often found in the literature of one country about the religion or divinities of another. Most cultures have myths that explain their origins. However, these are not always the oldest.

There are numerous accounts of the antagonistic attitudes of Judaism, Christianity and Islam toward the sacred artifacts of the religions that preceded them, especially in the case of the Goddess worshiped in Canaan (Palestine).
source

Sophia, Goddess of Wisdom

Asherah, the Tree of Life and the Menorah : Continuity of a Goddess symbol in Judaism?

The bible itself states that the Jews often fell into idolatry and paganism and were punished for these transgresses. I can site scripture to support this if you want however I don't think you will accept that as evidence. However I am not sure crystalinks is considered authoritative
so we might have to agree to disagree.
edit on 24-7-2012 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

well of course its a bit more complicated than your history verse mine or your religion verse mine. Yes there has pretty much always been goddess worship. That's no big surprise. It actually began with Nimrod, Semiramus, and Tammuz who was born on December 25th. Nimrod became known in legend as the horn god. Semiramus became known as the queen of heaven. The entire easter celebration with its easter eggs, etc is based on Semiramus falling to earth in an egg. Tammuz was known as the son of god and believed died and raised from the dead.

When one empire conqured another they usually changed the names of the gods and goddesses. This can be verfied by history books such as Josephus the jewish secular historian. So in the book of Isaiah God complains against the jewish women for baking cakes to "the queen of heaven". Semiramus, Isis, Ashtarte, Diana, Athena are all the same women. The Deified Mary is the latest queen of heaven. hence the worship....much paganism can be found in Catholicism because the romans had to mix roman paganism with biblical christianity and roman catholicism was the result. Much of the ancient pagan worship is till in RCC for example: Baby Jesus and Mary with the halos. The halos is totally ancient pagan going back to Babylon. You can still find pictures of Semiramus and baby Tammuz with halos and swear it was little baby Jesus and Mary. Another example: The RCC numerals IHS which most people think is a latin reference to Christ would be surprised to know it actually stands for Isis/Horus/Set. The iron cross that the RCC uses is totally pagan as the nazi's understood.

But dont forget that does not mean the claims of the Old and New Testament's are wrong. It just means evil exists and evil intelligent beings know how to copy truth to distort it.....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

well of course its a bit more complicated than your history verse mine or your religion verse mine. Yes there has pretty much always been goddess worship. That's no big surprise. It actually began with Nimrod, Semiramus, and Tammuz who was born on December 25th. Nimrod became known in legend as the horn god. Semiramus became known as the queen of heaven. The entire easter celebration with its easter eggs, etc is based on Semiramus falling to earth in an egg. Tammuz was known as the son of god and believed died and raised from the dead.

When one empire conqured another they usually changed the names of the gods and goddesses. This can be verfied by history books such as Josephus the jewish secular historian. So in the book of Isaiah God complains against the jewish women for baking cakes to "the queen of heaven". Semiramus, Isis, Ashtarte, Diana, Athena are all the same women. The Deified Mary is the latest queen of heaven. hence the worship....much paganism can be found in Catholicism because the romans had to mix roman paganism with biblical christianity and roman catholicism was the result. Much of the ancient pagan worship is till in RCC for example: Baby Jesus and Mary with the halos. The halos is totally ancient pagan going back to Babylon. You can still find pictures of Semiramus and baby Tammuz with halos and swear it was little baby Jesus and Mary. Another example: The RCC numerals IHS which most people think is a latin reference to Christ would be surprised to know it actually stands for Isis/Horus/Set. The iron cross that the RCC uses is totally pagan as the nazi's understood.

But dont forget that does not mean the claims of the Old and New Testament's are wrong. It just means evil exists and evil intelligent beings know how to copy truth to distort it.....

LOL. You sound like you've been reading my thread The Bright and Morning Star, fascinating stuff if you want to find out who the Harlot that rides the Beast is and what her name is.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I was aware of most of your information except one thing. I did not know that Rome referred to Mary as the morning star hence I have never seen the link between Mary as a star and Allah who was indeed a moon idol god hence the crescent moon today over the mosques. Interesting insight there....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I was aware of most of your information except one thing. I did not know that Rome referred to Mary as the morning star hence I have never seen the link between Mary as a star and Allah who was indeed a moon idol god hence the crescent moon today over the mosques. Interesting insight there....

You should see how the old latin vulgate replaced:

Genesis 3:15

15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise His heel.”

With the old latin vulgate version

15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
She shall bruise your head,
And you shall bruise Her heel.”

There was a similar idol to the one depicted above in the Cathedral of Philadelphia if i remember correctly, been a while since i have seen this blasphemous thing. Yeah, thats a female christ on the cross, i took the least pornographic one i could find.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

so under this logic...it is entirely possible that Jesus was hijacked and used as another vehicle to push the Osiris cult...or the cult of Mithra...the parallels are incredible if one takes the time to look at them...but there is no way possible that this was the case...none at all...those early church fathers were just so pious and heavenly...right?

but no lets ignore that...and lets just keep believing that the old world was a golden age where one religion was magically preserved while others were eradicated simply because those that supported it were nice guys...yep lets just ignore all the evil and lecherous scoundrels that were its proponents throughout the church history since it was forced on the rest of the known world back then...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

im saying that it does not matter...christ did not come to prove his geneology...others compiled or fabricated it in order to prove something...he did not seem to need to do this while he was here...

Jesus did not have the arrogant need to push himself on others, but this is exactly the attitude that Christians take and have taken since the religion was officially formed and pushed on the world...in order to keep the slaves in line...

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join