It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The meek shall inherit the earth.

Who are the meek, exactly?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Yes, I understand what you're saying now.

Unfortunately, God did give man authority over all of the earth and every living creature on it, He just never intended for us to abuse that authority. But then again, when has man not abused his authority over anything?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The meek are those who respect the Earth and each other, and have no use for excess material wealth and power over other people, who do not claim sovereignty or potentate or lordship or ownership over anyone or any part of the Earth.

The Earth is a gift to us, it is our source. Those who live in harmony with the natural cycles, who work with her nature, rather than raping her of her resources, will NOT perish.

Just my take. I don't think it had anything to do with being a peon or a slave, so much as it was speaking against war and slavery and destruction. It had to do with being kind, peaceful, generous, and satisfied with "enough."

It sickens me how willingly "world leaders" destroy entire areas, poison them, pollute and disparage them, for "gain."
They, figuratively, are the "goners."

edit on 24-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Unfortunately, God did give man authority over all of the earth and every living creature on it,

See, I disagree. I think "man" decided to claim that he was given authority. What we were given was stewardship, for our own survival. As for authority being abusive, I raised two kids, never abused them.

I don't poison my lawn to kill the bugs, I also don't waste precious water keeping it from turning brown when we have droughts. I don't genetically modify the nut trees and berry bushes and force them to bloom early. I do occasionally pull weeds out of cultivated herbs and such in ceratin areas, to provide more nourishment for the various plants, or prevent destruction of one species by a marauding other, like the choking vines we have around here, or the Japanese honeysuckle that crowds out the other native foliage. And I'm not obsessed with "grass."

I have a yard that is more like a campground, with enormous trees (can't see my house from satelites), and beneath them are natural woodland "meadows" or forest shade areas; moss, "weeds," bugs, toads, snakes, worms, rich, black soil, lots of birds and squirrels etc. It's their home, too. We get along better if I don't "mess" with them all. I use an electric weed trimmer, and intend to get a mini horse or mule to "mow" for me, rather than using fossil fuels and a "lawn mower" that strips the Earth on the one end in getting the fuel, and pollutes the air on the other end. For what? In the name of a manicured, contrived "lawn"?

In fact, I recently, while planting around a tree stump that is decomposing (left after the death of an Elm tree which we had to drop and then cut up and used for firewood to heat our home), discovered myriad insects breaking it down. And it came to me how poisoning and fertilizing a lawn with chemicals probably renders it less healing in terms of the negative ions that are natural and necessary to our health, and also drives "pests" like bugs INSIDE. They prefer to be outdoors, but if we choke them out, where else can they go?

Just a thought.

I had a bumper sticker that said: "Suburbia, where they tear out the trees and name the streets after them."

And you know, in my neighborhood, we are still allowed to have open campfires in the yard, to burn leaves in spring and autumn, and to have real woodburning fireplaces. We also have vegetable gardens, and no one wastes water on keeping a dried out lawn alive. I like it that way. Some might think it's due to laziness or slovenliness or unwillingness (or inability) to "pay" for the extra water, I suppose, but really -- which is the healthier way to live harmoniously with nature?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

And they allow all this in the Orion Nebula, eh?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

LOL!! I don't know, but I can pretend if I want to.....I think the Orion nebula is beautiful. I'd move there.

But for now, I'm stuck here...(at least while I'm awake -- my dreams, though...yeah, they allow it there, too).so....

did I answer your question?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I suppose you all have noticed Jesus was only the way to Enki, The Sumerian god, that was called The Father.

That was a primitive view of god in light of fallen angels, and The Creation of Man via genetic breeding.

But in the present day sense of things, Jesus only was the way to the knowledge of the Father Enki, which technically these days is not god.

God in the better sense is the Great Architech for the Universe and we only get to wonder in the footsteps of God on that Creation, which is different than the Genesis Creation.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

You will never see these Christians admit that their Bible is stolen goods. They will never admit that the root of their beliefs can be found in pagan faiths, the very source of all "devil worship".

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MagnumOpus

You will never see these Christians admit that their Bible is stolen goods. They will never admit that the root of their beliefs can be found in pagan faiths, the very source of all "devil worship".

This is a chicken or the egg type of scenario. The bible states why those pagan faiths impersonate aspects of the judeo-christian view and customs. You say the pagans came first while christians say that the genesis account came first and subsequently the fallen angels and the origins of paganism.

What roots are you speaking of? So far as I can tell paganism and christianity have nothing in common. You can attempt to amalgamate them but then their contradictions really show. It is more realistic to assume that polytheistic/pagan faiths have a common root and monotheist have a different root than it is to try to force the proverbial round peg in a square hole.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

Ok there may be some things here you don't know about. What Jesus did was done in public not in secret and by this I mean the miracles. Now, Simon Greenleaf was the Dean of Harvard Law School in the late 1800's and he was an atheist. He wanted to examine the gospels and see if they could pass the test of whether or not they were documents that could be admissible in a court of law and by this, he was pointing to their historical validity. Greenleaf after a major study of the subject became convinced that the gospels were genuine, well preserved, and historically valid using all tests and criteria. That means that all the witnesses to miracles could be called to the witness stand. Another example of what this means:

Paul said that if people did not believe his written epistles about the miracles of Christ such as the resurrection, then they could ask 500 people who saw the risen Christ because Paul's reasoning was " I know 500 people living right now who saw Jesus after he died." Greenleafs says this would be overwhelming evidence in a court of law. Today you need one maybe two eyewitnesses to keep you from being found innocent. Jesus could have called 500 witnesses to the resurrection. Would you find him guilty of lying??

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Intriguingly, if not ironically, the post-resurrected elder Jesus almost certaintly celebrated each winter solstice for the remainder of his life (on earth), as a solar event summed up and transcended, by, his great work, perhaps even outfitting himself in a red cloak with white trimmings.. whereby in St. Nicholas or Myra we can see an immitation of Christ. If so, that bloody chainsaw wielding, maniacal Santa in your avatar might not be so appropriate..

edit on 24-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Intriguingly, if not ironically, the post-resurrected elder Jesus almost certaintly celebrated each winter solstice for the remainder of his life (on earth),

Are you familiar with Sumerian faiths? You know, the ones that Christianity ripped off?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by NihilistSanta

Intriguingly, if not ironically, the post-resurrected elder Jesus almost certaintly celebrated each winter solstice for the remainder of his life (on earth), as a solar event summed up and transcended, by, his great work, perhaps even outfitting himself in a red cloak with white trimmings.. whereby in St. Nicholas or Myra we can see an immitation of Christ. If so, that bloody chainsaw wielding, maniacal Santa in your avatar might not be so appropriate..

edit on 24-7-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

was wondering how long til someone said something about my avatar. It has been a net handle I have used for years.

I always loved combining a system of no belief to something that exist solely because of belief. I even had to chime in on the santa vs god thread because the irony was too juicy to pass up.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Maybe you forgot what God and Jesus said about all these pagan religions and deities.

John 10:8

All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.

Exodus 20:4

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

(Where did the Sumerian Gods reside? They came from the water under the earth.)

Jeremiah 10:11

Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.

1 John 5:7

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

So, regardless of whether you claim that Christianity came from a pagan religion, the Bible says that all of these other gods were the gods of the earth and none of them resided in heaven.

They all will be judged and then destroyed before the eyes of men for leading man astray, they probably even make up the whore of Babylon, who rides the beast out of the sea, as outlined in Revelation.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Intriguingly, if not ironically, the post-resurrected elder Jesus almost certaintly celebrated each winter solstice for the remainder of his life (on earth),

Are you familiar with Sumerian faiths? You know, the ones that Christianity ripped off?

The only commonality is the flood myths which is prevalent in almost all ancient cultures. Doesn't really discredit the biblical account. Everything else is a modern projection of astrotheology on to Christianity.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus

I suppose you all have noticed Jesus was only the way to Enki, The Sumerian god, that was called The Father.

That was a primitive view of god in light of fallen angels, and The Creation of Man via genetic breeding.

But in the present day sense of things, Jesus only was the way to the knowledge of the Father Enki, which technically these days is not god.

God in the better sense is the Great Architech for the Universe and we only get to wonder in the footsteps of God on that Creation, which is different than the Genesis Creation.

Magnum, do you have any comments about my previous post regarding Enki?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I dont understand what you mean. There are over 5000 manuscripts dating back close to the time of Christ (which are the same scriptures the early church first century scholars quoted so we know they were there early on) and many of them are in museums around the world. As for the Old Testament Masoretic text, even atheists admit the Jews did a very good job of preserving there holy books. The Dead Sea scrolls back that up. You can see these writings all over the world !!??

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by studythem1

edit on 24-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

so nothing good resides under the sea...or under the ground...what are we living in the middle ages with sea monsters everywhere? and i suppose we will fall off the side of the earth too if we get too close right? i guess potatoes are of the devil and so are carrots and onions...and i suppose also we should not eat fish because those are from under the water...

i dont need a lesson in mitochondria, i have been studying/reading about them for the last 10 years...and i do think you are splitting hairs... of course mitochondria comes from the earth...they are a symbiotic life form...but they also are needed for us to live...they wear out and we die...

the 29 mothers is not the same group... we can all trace our origins back to 7 women...that is per the human genome project...the 29 are descended from the 7...

the book of Enoch does mention the watchers, but again what is the context? you cannot superimpose one books context on to another...

im getting the impression from this that you think i am worshiping Enki...no, he is long dead...he was mortal as you or i, even if it did take him longer to get old and die...and what is wrong with crediting him with being a brilliant geneticist? he was a scientist...he did not care about worship, he cared more about sex, he was a philanderer, but he was not god material...he was too down to earth...he was named lord of the earth as an honorary rank...for politics sake...he did not say he was a god literally, but the word he used means more like "i made you"...which is what we tell our children...

however his cohorts, the ones who wanted all power and control...they were the ones who willfully played god...and impersonated the creator of the universe...

Enki did not create the Nephilim, but his womanizing actions did make those stationed above jealous so they came down and took wives of the daughters of men...literally came down and took women hostage and forced them...and they were all punished for their revolt and breaking the rules...that does not sound like spiritual beings to me, but flesh and blood that had urges and desires and were past the breaking point...

Abzu is also a word that can mean many things...Sumerian is not a strict language, it can have many words/sounds used for one meaning... or one word/sound for many meanings... so Abzu could also mean living water...or a location in Africa...or the Sea...it depends on the context...in this case it meant the lord of the city/base of Abzu... so the city/base was named after the living water/sea...commemorating Enki as he walked from his craft to shore...because back then the waters were alive...much more alive than today...we do this today as well, name places after things... so i suppose we could also find something demonic about that too right? it was a mayoral or administrative title...not a title of a god...

the problem i have with the bible, is they cut out a lot of detail that explains what really happened, and they also oversimplified the stories in the bible to the point they lose their real meaning and have to be pieced together like a puzzle to make any sense...and everything but the human characters in the stories is redacted or shrouded in mystery as if humans are the focus of the books...i thought it was about God? but the only sure thing we know is which humans were present, everything else is a muddy mess of confusion at best, and also contradictory of itself...dont tell me you can really ignore the glaring contradictions in the bible...i mean really?

you claimed this is how you had to read the Sumerian, but for me it read in perfect chronology and was very clear, no running around trying to figure out what this or that meant, it was to the point...

the same claims you try to make about the Sumerian texts, are facts that many have been pointing out about the bible for much longer...and in this case the bible is way more confusing and secretive..

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsha

Copies of copies of copies, friend. Have you seen and read these "over 5000 manuscripts" for yourself, or have you just read that they exist?
You can show me as many copies of the NT as you like, I know there are many, but try proving the genealogy of the disciples, and the bloodline of Jesus. And that still does not explain a great many things about the NT. It's flowery prose is surely made up to appease a people.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Elsha

Copies of copies of copies, friend. Have you seen and read these "over 5000 manuscripts" for yourself, or have you just read that they exist?
You can show me as many copies of the NT as you like, I know there are many, but try proving the genealogy of the disciples, and the bloodline of Jesus. And that still does not explain a great many things about the NT. It's flowery prose is surely made up to appease a people.

There is more validity to those genealogies than your own. Prove your own genealogy. Probably wont even go back further than 3 to 4 generations.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join