It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1
reply to post by studythem1

also i do not have an aversion to the creator...i do have an aversion to lies...i am sick of them and cannot stand lies any more which is why i search for truth...

if my spirit is aligned with the creator, then what does it matter if i expose the lies everywhere? must i cling to lies simply because they are labeled christian? or are bound in a leather cover with the words "holy bible" emblazoned on the cover?

yes there is truth in the bible, but it is harder to find than the lies...instead of a love for the creator and lov from the creator, we find an overwhelming message of hate and bloodshed, and are told to fear the creator...why then would all the angels say "fear not"? the creator has not given us the sprit of fear, but of love and of power and of a sound mind...that is truth...

what is not truth is anthropomorphizing the creator and giving human attributes to the creator...especially those of hatred, jealousy, rage, and wrath...those are distinctly mortal and selfish, which tells me that the Annunaki were still very much active in the affairs of men when some of the books we have included in the bible were written...and they played god...which is why they were punished...because they (lucifer or Enlil and his followers) sought to take the place of the creator...which means those books may have truth in them, but are tainted...

Jesus even applies those characteristics . He calls him father this implies a personality. The bloodshed you see but you do not understand. Gods blood shed in the OT is understood by me to be two-fold.

1. God was raising up a nation through Abraham. His people would overcome the false ideas of the idolators. God allowed the other nations to be ruled by certain powers for a time and so his people would have to eradicate them.

2. The tampering of the Nephillhim created hybrids which still existed post flood. God always leaves a remnant. These hybrid bloodlines had to be wiped out.

Why do you view the bible and at every instance insist on applying your own ideas to derive meaning rather than reading the book and understanding its message in the first place? You then attempt to discredit the book with out of context ideas like bloodshed without the understanding of the reasons behind it.

Not to mention the significance of blood for atonement etc also this foreshadows Christ sacrifice.
edit on 24-7-2012 by NihilistSanta because: added last line as an after thought

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta

So they put on the reformation to spur the spread of the bible to the common man? So that they can control us? Even though everything they say and do is counter to anything Jesus says? Even though of all religious figures they decide to mock Christ the most vehemently and openly? They pass laws in opposition to the biblical lies they spread? hmm seems like a wonky control scheme to allow the people to have a counter manifesto to your own that not only shows them how to overcome your control methods but points out where you made changes.

I am trying to follow your view through here but still ends up being a lot of what ifs that fly in the face of traditional control methods. Like I said before not allowing bible access to the laity, amalgamating pagan ideas in the rituals and garb, and conducting services in a language the commoners could not comprehend those sound like realistic attempts at control.

The reformation threw off those shackles and still found the core tenants to be the same. Still found the same book to be sufficient. Once they threw out the catholic rituals and prayers and devotion to a man/god (the pope) they were pretty much free to follow Christ as intended.

The reformation helped things like education which without the bible you would probably be an illiterate pleb and unable to articulate your fantastic conjectures. You are right the elite do hijack movements but they hijacked the reformation by using science. Science with a humanist aim which they ply to the twisting of words and meanings. This same science that prevents you from seeing the truth of your travels and studies that is reflected in the bible but instead replaces it with intelligent sounding fantasy.

I do not doubt evil men sit in positions of power but if God plans to redeem us I am sure that his plan can not be impeded by mortal men. If anything they are only facilitating it.

martin luther was the control vent for the reformation...he was a catholic priest who nailed his 95 thesis to the door at worms, but it was not a victory for protestants, but a concession...he was tolerated...his church mimicked the liturgy and hierarchy of the catholic church and still does...England was tolerated because their Anglican church mimicked the catholic church in liturgy and hierarchy...but any other groups who were too different were hunted down and destroyed unless they escaped somewhere secluded...and worshiped in secret...

this is how they take over movements, they offer their version...

then to further control, they offer controlled opposition to divide people by their differing opinions...it has to be either one way or the other, usually two extremes... extremes breed instability, so the population is easier to control...they can never agree on anything and never will unite to oust the ones doing the manipulating because they are so caught up in going at each others throats, that they have no time to figure out who is pulling their strings, or it is so mentally tiring they dont want anything but to find some sense of normalcy, which of course the puppet masters are only too happy to provide a solution...

this has happened everywhere in history...these people funded napoleon and the English at the same time, they funded Hitler and the allies at the same time...they placed George Washington in command of the revolution in America to ensure it was infiltrated...they also funded both sides of the civil war, and they now fund both sides of the political spectrum...all to keep people too busy to rebel against them...they have had control for so long, so they are not going to give it up very easily...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

So they put on the reformation to spur the spread of the bible to the common man? So that they can control us? Even though everything they say and do is counter to anything Jesus says? Even though of all religious figures they decide to mock Christ the most vehemently and openly? They pass laws in opposition to the biblical lies they spread? hmm seems like a wonky control scheme to allow the people to have a counter manifesto to your own that not only shows them how to overcome your control methods but points out where you made changes.

I am trying to follow your view through here but still ends up being a lot of what ifs that fly in the face of traditional control methods. Like I said before not allowing bible access to the laity, amalgamating pagan ideas in the rituals and garb, and conducting services in a language the commoners could not comprehend those sound like realistic attempts at control.

The reformation threw off those shackles and still found the core tenants to be the same. Still found the same book to be sufficient. Once they threw out the catholic rituals and prayers and devotion to a man/god (the pope) they were pretty much free to follow Christ as intended.

The reformation helped things like education which without the bible you would probably be an illiterate pleb and unable to articulate your fantastic conjectures. You are right the elite do hijack movements but they hijacked the reformation by using science. Science with a humanist aim which they ply to the twisting of words and meanings. This same science that prevents you from seeing the truth of your travels and studies that is reflected in the bible but instead replaces it with intelligent sounding fantasy.

I do not doubt evil men sit in positions of power but if God plans to redeem us I am sure that his plan can not be impeded by mortal men. If anything they are only facilitating it.

martin luther was the control vent for the reformation...he was a catholic priest who nailed his 95 thesis to the door at worms, but it was not a victory for protestants, but a concession...he was tolerated...his church mimicked the liturgy and hierarchy of the catholic church and still does...England was tolerated because their Anglican church mimicked the catholic church in liturgy and hierarchy...but any other groups who were too different were hunted down and destroyed unless they escaped somewhere secluded...and worshiped in secret...

this is how they take over movements, they offer their version...

then to further control, they offer controlled opposition to divide people by their differing opinions...it has to be either one way or the other, usually two extremes... extremes breed instability, so the population is easier to control...they can never agree on anything and never will unite to oust the ones doing the manipulating because they are so caught up in going at each others throats, that they have no time to figure out who is pulling their strings, or it is so mentally tiring they dont want anything but to find some sense of normalcy, which of course the puppet masters are only too happy to provide a solution...

this has happened everywhere in history...these people funded napoleon and the English at the same time, they funded Hitler and the allies at the same time...they placed George Washington in command of the revolution in America to ensure it was infiltrated...they also funded both sides of the civil war, and they now fund both sides of the political spectrum...all to keep people too busy to rebel against them...they have had control for so long, so they are not going to give it up very easily...

This does not prove the bible is corrupt only that man can corrupt the word by applying his own meanings. The word itself is used by all these groups even though some add books like the Mormons which is another discussion in itself.

All you have demonstrated is how a mortal man can lead people astray by conjecture rather than taking the word for what it means.

Free will still exist of course there is corruption and control but we can check it each and everyone of us against scripture this was the beauty of the reformation regardless of Luther's concessions.

You give the elite too much credit. They are playing their ordained part to fulfill scripture yet again. Which is Gods will. They want you to think they have control so that you will be afraid to trust the lord but when we examine scripture and apply it to these men we can see them for what they are.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Jesus even applies those characteristics . He calls him father this implies a personality. The bloodshed you see but you do not understand. Gods blood shed in the OT is understood by me to be two-fold.

1. God was raising up a nation through Abraham. His people would overcome the false ideas of the idolators. God allowed the other nations to be ruled by certain powers for a time and so his people would have to eradicate them.

2. The tampering of the Nephillhim created hybrids which still existed post flood. God always leaves a remnant. These hybrid bloodlines had to be wiped out.

Why do you view the bible and at every instance insist on applying your own ideas to derive meaning rather than reading the book and understanding its message in the first place? You then attempt to discredit the book with out of context ideas like bloodshed without the understanding of the reasons behind it.

Not to mention the significance of blood for atonement etc also this foreshadows Christ sacrifice.
edit on 24-7-2012 by NihilistSanta because: added last line as an after thought

father is a term he used to try and relay an idea, but it is an inadequate title for the creator, and in human terms it is too confusing...it implies that the creator has human traits, when that is not true...

the reason for bloodshed in the old testament, specifically when Joshua led the children of Israel into Canaan, is not as it seems...

yes the group occupying the region was a hybrid race, but they were part of a failed experiment in the eyes of the Annunaki...

the oriental Jews, and all groups like them have a higher concentration of Rh- than other humans...which is why they were called "chosen"...and since the Annunaki chose them to give this DNA boost to, they expected them to do some dirty work...which means to kill the inhabitants of the region so the control group (Israelites) could live in relative isolation for a time...this is also the reason for their strict diet and customs...what corroborated this is that the same regions that the Israelites and these other groups now occupy, were once occupied by Neanderthals, and their fossils, burial mounds, and other evidence is still found there today...those were the people they killed off...

but how it is written in the old testament is false, it was written there out of context...it is evil because it gives a false license to kill even today...and has been quoted in order to bless killing, whether righteous or not... and has caused a lot of unwarranted bloodshed in the name of the creator, when the creator made no such mandate...even today it is the reason why the Zionists mistreat and kill their brothers and sisters, which is clearly a work of evil...that is Luciferian, no doubt in my mind...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

but how it is written in the old testament is false, it was written there out of context...it is evil because it gives a false license to kill even today...and has been quoted in order to bless killing, whether righteous or not... and has caused a lot of unwarranted bloodshed in the name of the creator, when the creator made no such mandate...even today it is the reason why the Zionists mistreat and kill their brothers and sisters, which is clearly a work of evil...that is Luciferian, no doubt in my mind...

You cant make a statement like this without some kind of evidence. Why is the biblical account false? out of context? How is it out of context? neanderthal bones and such do not disprove the biblical account it actually reinforces the ideas of genetic tampering and supports the bibles account of their culling.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

why do you assume i am afraid to trust the creator? do you know what i have been through in the last several years? do you know how i was delivered from instances of evil in spite of how bleak things looked? do you know how many times i was protected? how many times my life was saved? i have no doubt in the creator, but i do not have faith in lies...that is all i have ever stated...

what is the point in trying to superimpose what you suppose my fears are on me? i do not fear...i gave that up long ago, which is why i am not afraid to look outside just the bible for insight and truth...

in fact letting go of the fear has given me the strength to persevere when others have given up, or said they will join the Illuminati (as if they would even be allowed to join), or give in to the pressures around them to survive...

i choose not to...because i have been called out...

i was afraid, yes, but no longer...i was afraid to ask for help, i was afraid to make changes in my life, but since then i have given that up for greater understanding and peace within...

my skill is being able to pinpoint where truth is, and where it is not...and to show it to others so they see it and can choose on their own...

that is my calling...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

You cant make a statement like this without some kind of evidence. Why is the biblical account false? out of context? How is it out of context? neanderthal bones and such do not disprove the biblical account it actually reinforces the ideas of genetic tampering and supports the bibles account of their culling.

it supports it to an extent, but it reveals the truth behind it...which is that the creator did not do the choosing, and the genocide was not on fellow humans, but on an entirely different species...

people have taken it to mean they can kill other humans in the name of the creator...and that is where the lie is...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

All you have demonstrated is how a mortal man can lead people astray by conjecture rather than taking the word for what it means.

Free will still exist of course there is corruption and control but we can check it each and everyone of us against scripture this was the beauty of the reformation regardless of Luther's concessions.

You give the elite too much credit. They are playing their ordained part to fulfill scripture yet again. Which is Gods will. They want you to think they have control so that you will be afraid to trust the lord but when we examine scripture and apply it to these men we can see them for what they are.

sure they are playing their part, and in the end, they will fail, but that does not mean we sit idly by and wait for a rescue...we must resist evil at every turn...

and the concessions of Luther were like a controlled crash...they could not change peoples minds or the trends, so they gave allowances in order to retain control...and some of those allowances came in the form of the false doctrines they distributed under the guise of "truth"

but again, you cannot base truth off of a lie...it will always fail and the truth will always come out...this is where i have faith in the creator, whose spirit moves in men to preserve things that shed light on what is really true...

i do not give too much credit to the elite, because those that influence them have been at this for a long time...their agenda has had a continuity to it that is astonishing...how else could they have such a consistent drive for control unless they were guided by some other group of beings? everything they have done was planned out in the tiniest detail...the fact that Constantine edited the bible the way he did eventually played into what they allowed to be revealed in the reformation...centuries later...that kind of continuity can only be the result of careful scheming, but it is not the elite that planned it, they are only the puppets of those that control them...

we cannot just let it be...we were put here for a reason...all of us...we must resist evil...it is imperative
edit on 24-7-2012 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

why do you assume i am afraid to trust the creator? do you know what i have been through in the last several years? do you know how i was delivered from instances of evil in spite of how bleak things looked? do you know how many times i was protected? how many times my life was saved? i have no doubt in the creator, but i do not have faith in lies...that is all i have ever stated...

what is the point in trying to superimpose what you suppose my fears are on me? i do not fear...i gave that up long ago, which is why i am not afraid to look outside just the bible for insight and truth...

in fact letting go of the fear has given me the strength to persevere when others have given up, or said they will join the Illuminati (as if they would even be allowed to join), or give in to the pressures around them to survive...

i choose not to...because i have been called out...

i was afraid, yes, but no longer...i was afraid to ask for help, i was afraid to make changes in my life, but since then i have given that up for greater understanding and peace within...

my skill is being able to pinpoint where truth is, and where it is not...and to show it to others so they see it and can choose on their own...

that is my calling...

I will apologize if you feel I am questioning your faith. That is not for me to decide however I have to question the conclusions you have drawn from false assumptions. I am honestly glad the Lord has facilitated positive change in your life. My hang up with this whole thread is the fact that people want to condemn the bible without understanding it, they want to twist its meanings or make false claims denying its validity. Then people want to use conjecture to justify unsound doctrine.

I mentioned fear because that is how these ideas come about. Plant the seed of doubt about the authenticity of the bible and then you ask yourself "what else have I not been told" which leads to looking for shortcuts or alternative methods to salvation which just isnt possible according to scripture. Again you cant be suspicious of every stone you turn over hoping to find some new secret. So perhaps I should say fear is the motivator in a lot of the conjecture based around the authority of the bible. The fear that Satan is so cunning that he has devised a trap that only a few smart guys
can figure out because they took information from dozens of unrelated sources and amalgamated them into a view which says the bible is filled with inaccurate info.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

yes fear does motivate many, but if we listen, then we find we do not have to fear...

instead now i only study to find the truth...regardless of what that means...even if it means finding the errors in the bible...that does not lessen the power of the creator, it only strengthens my heart and gives me wisdom to see what others are afraid to look at...

instead of holding a book sacred, or a person, i hold the creator sacred, and i take my role and my actions seriously with respect to how it effects others...

i do not intend to plant doubt or shake anyone's faith...if their faith is not sound, then it will be shaken by anything...but if it is strong, then whatever insight i can share will only bolster their faith...

as long as i keep the creator up front, and continue to point to the creator...i am doing what i am supposed to do...the creator knows my heart...

what we can do, and this i assure you is scriptural...is to rebuke evil...we have the power to resist it, and also to tell it to leave...whatever form it takes...

"where ever two or more are gathered...if you ask the father anything in my name, it shall be done..." that is truth...that is powerful...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I am.
Before Abraham was, I am.
To the jews 'I am' was Gods name. I am that I am.
Before any thing can be, I am.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

yes fear does motivate many, but if we listen, then we find we do not have to fear...

instead now i only study to find the truth...regardless of what that means...even if it means finding the errors in the bible...that does not lessen the power of the creator, it only strengthens my heart and gives me wisdom to see what others are afraid to look at...

instead of holding a book sacred, or a person, i hold the creator sacred, and i take my role and my actions seriously with respect to how it effects others...

i do not intend to plant doubt or shake anyone's faith...if their faith is not sound, then it will be shaken by anything...but if it is strong, then whatever insight i can share will only bolster their faith...

as long as i keep the creator up front, and continue to point to the creator...i am doing what i am supposed to do...the creator knows my heart...

what we can do, and this i assure you is scriptural...is to rebuke evil...we have the power to resist it, and also to tell it to leave...whatever form it takes...

"where ever two or more are gathered...if you ask the father anything in my name, it shall be done..." that is truth...that is powerful...

You my friend sound as if your journey and walk with God has lead you and I on pretty much the same path.

For me, it feels liberating to know that we have seeked beyond the words of the Bible to come as close to God as we can. No one should be downed or ridiculed for their differences but as we see in this thread, its the case.

Its not something the every sunday church goer experiences! And its not something they understand.... How can anyone step outside the box and look for God? Because to some He is everywhere!

Your typical Christian places them selves upon a pedestal above you and quizzes your inner souls love for the creator. How dare you look outside this box!? Fear, fear, and more fear. Thats not what Jesus was about.... At all! They portray them self as being saved, while trying to save everyone else. Focusing on ones self is hard enough.... Lol.... Finding God for ones self and questioning is our right. We dont want to be fooled into believing someone elses words.... We want the true words.... We want more! We want all of God!

If each of us placed our self on the same pedestal as our brother and sister there would be more love and peace in the world. Arguing over differences of said journey is silly and it causes wars.

Back in the days of Jesus and prior, this was the case, just as it is today! Its just so sad.

I just really wanted to say that I read all of your posts and I respect the journey you have taken upon yourself.

Jesus walks with you, no doubt! Your words prove this! The word in the bible does not say, " seek the bible and you will find me". It says, " seek and ye shall find". Seeking outside the box takes courage and commitment. You are not containing our creator and for that, im sure He is greatful!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

in the original account of creation there were two events...one where 7 of each sex (male and female) was created after several attempts and the DNA evidence can corroborate this to the mitochondrial DNA of every one of us, which points back to 7 females originating in Africa..

Sorry, updated DNA evidence refutes this theory now.

From my understanding, Sykes has now come up with a total of 29 "clan mothers".

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
I am.
Before Abraham was, I am.
To the jews 'I am' was Gods name. Before Abraham was, I am.
Before any thing can be, I am.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

"Before Abraham was, I am." To me, the shift in tense from "was" to "am" - past tense to present tense (we'd need to look at the original Hebrew for confirmation, but I'm no Hebrew scholar), implies that the One saying it was not bound by tense/time. Be aware also that the tetragrammaton, translated as "I Am That I Am" reads as this if we insert the very ancient pictographic meanings of the four letters: Behold the Hand, Behold the Nail. It was Jesus all along. Who ya gonna call?
edit on 24-7-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Studythem1, I understand your appreciation for the Sumerian texts, as I have learned much from them too. However, I have not come to the same conclusion as you in reading them. You have to combine all of the texts together like a puzzle in order to make sense of it.

The Bible, as well as the book of Enoch tells us about the Watchers/sons of God. How do you know that Enki wasn't one of the 200 fallen angels that was originally sent here to teach man and then led man astray instead?

In Enki's case, he was the "Lord of the Earth" and he resided in Abzu. As Lord of the Earth, don't you think that Enki might have decided to instill the idea in man that he created them as some kind of power trip? As far as the symbol for Enki being the double-helix snake, did it ever occur to you that the reason for this is because God already told us that he made man "from the dust of the earth"?

If you want to start talking about Mitochondria, you have to trace it back to it's origins. According to scientists, the ancestor to Mitochondria is bacterial genomes that are found in "soil life". Yes, science is on it's way to proving that we were all created from the dust of the earth, or rather, the living organisms that are found in soil.

Now, back to the issue of Enki residing in Abzu. The name Abzu means what? Didn't it mean fresh water from underground? When you read the Bible, when did anything coming from underground/inside the earth/in the sea ever represent anything good? Even in the book of Revelation, the beast will rise up out of the sea. Notice how on judgement day, there's a separate little diddy about the dead rising up out of the sea to be judged. Who do you think the Bible is talking about when it says this?

These are the things I ask you to think about. Obviously, Enki was limited in his powers as even the Sumerian texts say that other gods over powered and stopped him from completing his task. The reason for that? He wasn't the one true God or the creator of anything. He was just another wannabe that wanted to be worshiped by Sumerians. That's why God had to banish them from the earth and send them to a prison below (as in below the earth). Nothing good has ever resided there.

The only thing Enki might have been responsible for helping to create was the Nephilim, and even then, he could't have done it without the creation of God first. He was only capable of tampering with it.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

If you want to start talking about Mitochondria, you have to trace it back to it's origins. According to scientists, the ancestor to Mitochondria is bacterial genomes that are found in "soil life". Yes, science is on it's way to proving that we were all created from the dust of the earth, or rather, the living organisms that are found in soil.

Correct, which makes the Earth our mother.

In fact, it is proven science that to have the flesh directly in contact with soil affects the free radicals in our bodies and renders them inert. We must be in contact with soil, through our skin, to maintain health.

The Earth--and the natural environment-- are our richest source and biggest generator of the opposite polarity ion. You can get a calming dose of negative ions by simply taking off your shoes and walking barefoot on soil, grass or sand. The health benefits are amazing --besides the earth-- pine trees, salt lamps and water resources like waterfalls or the pounding ocean surf on sand are all great producers of negative ions. Take off your flip-flops next time you are at the beach and see if you don't feel better.

Article Source: EzineArticles.com...
Just one of many articles citing studies that show contact with the Earth itself heals the ill effects of positive ion fatigue.

Glad you brought this up. I've been working up a thread on it, so far just in outline form.
Here's one more review of the science, with reference cited at the bottom of the page.
Positive v. Negative Ions
edit on 24-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I have no problem with calling the Earth our mother, as long as people remember that we were told not to worship it or anything that ever came out of it.

Exodus 20:3-4

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I have no problem with calling the Earth our mother, as long as people remember that we were told not to worship it or anything that ever came out of it.

Were we "told" to destroy it at will and everything else that came out of it?

Why can we not treasure the Earth and one another? Finding something precious and worthy of respect and care is not 'worshiping' it. Deciding some parts of it can be destroyed, or parts that spring forth from it are expendable, is, in my opinion supreme arrogance. Without the Earth in good health -- without pure air, water, soil, plant life, and animal life, we are all doomed. We are completely and utterly dependent on the Earth, and it's products are essential to our existence.

Respect and worship are two separate things. I don't personally feel the need to "worship" anyone or anything, seen or unseen. I respect what the Earth and the Source have provided for us, and choose to treasure it.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I don't think anyone's going to argue with you on those points.

However, I'm not quite sure what you mean by this...

Were we "told" to destroy it at will and everything else that came out of it?

If you're asking why man is destroying the earth, it's because they were given free will to either respect it or destroy it. Obviously, man has chosen to do the latter, they weren't "told" to do it by God.
edit on 24-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I'm referring to the "dominion over all" thing from Genesis about going out and multiplying and being disrespectful of beasts and exploiting nature. We are helpless without them, and have no place to claim "master" over any of it.

Hope that makes more sense.

If you're asking why man is destroying the earth, it's because they were given free will to either respect it or destroy it. Obviously, man has chosen to do the latter, they weren't "told" to do it by God.

This "free will" thing is the problem. It IS obvious, and we need to make sure no one is doing that, "free will" or not!! This is perhaps where you and I differ. If we don't wake up the world's people and say "STOP IT! You are NOT the master of all beasts or more entitled to power than any other person", then we WILL be doomed.

I only ask that people try to dissuade those who are "obviously" doing so, out of their "free will" to KNOCK IT OFF!!!. For the sake of the creation, and our children.

"We don't inherit the Earth from our forefathers, we are borrowing it from our children."

edit on 24-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join