It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 33
13
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta
 




What you have backed up comes from the same book you claim isn't telling us what we need to know from our creator.


Can you quote me as saying this? I never said the Bible isn't telling you what you need to know.




posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by NihilistSanta
 




What you have backed up comes from the same book you claim isn't telling us what we need to know from our creator.


Can you quote me as saying this? I never said the Bible isn't telling you what you need to know.


Your entire OP insinuates that this is the case. That things may have been altered/changed or that there is another way the bible does not mention.



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta
 




Your entire OP insinuates that this is the case.


You have done this yet again. You concluded that based on my OP. I wrote it that way to invoke discussion from all sides, nothing more. This is surely not my stance.

This bears repeating again:
*Do not assume my stance on a particular subject by my questions I pose on here, I do it only to see the responses of others.
edit on 23-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76
 


Split a piece of wood and I am there, lift a rock and i am there.

Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

Know thyself. Jesus does not want you following him.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   


Not entirely. There are some here, who "saw" the events play out, and know some things that are written, are different from what actually took place. You have what is written, and you can't confirm this, so this is why you think the way you do on this matter.


Ok then what is this?



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta



Not entirely. There are some here, who "saw" the events play out, and know some things that are written, are different from what actually took place. You have what is written, and you can't confirm this, so this is why you think the way you do on this matter.


Ok then what is this?


The overall message is how it is intended to be. Just the details are not accurate.
For example: Jesus didn't die on a cross, he died on a pole. It's the details I am talking about.

Or:

When John saw the creatures above. They were not creatures, they were angels who are formed differently than the others. He was using words to try and describe above, but his vocabulary was limited, the details I am speaking on.
edit on 23-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by NihilistSanta



Not entirely. There are some here, who "saw" the events play out, and know some things that are written, are different from what actually took place. You have what is written, and you can't confirm this, so this is why you think the way you do on this matter.


Ok then what is this?


The overall message is how it is intended to be. Just the details are not accurate.
For example: Jesus didn't die on a cross, he died on a pole. It's the details I am talking about.


Some say the devil is in the details. Best to leave out all of the conjecture. If the overall message you say is the is ok then it should be sufficient for your salvation. Instead you end up with people looking for "another way". Clearly Jesus told his closest followers that he IS the way.



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta
 


Jesus didn't say that he is the way. Jesus said 'I am the way'. Read it as it is written, he wants you know that 'I am' is the way. He is saying 'Know Thyself'.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta
 




Some say the devil is in the details. Best to leave out all of the conjecture. If the overall message you say is the is ok then it should be sufficient for your salvation. Instead you end up with people looking for "another way". Clearly Jesus told his closest followers that he IS the way.


You concluded I think this way. This is why you should not try to figure me out, by an OP, or questions I pose. I wanted to hear those other peoples thoughts, and why they think the way they do. How is that wrong?



Best to leave out all of the conjecture.


You say this because of your past experiences, this is not what I am doing by writing this thread. Many let their past drive their present.



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by NihilistSanta
 


Jesus didn't say that he is the way. Jesus said 'I am the way'. Read it as it is written, he wants you know that 'I am' is the way. He is saying 'Know Thyself'.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


He was talking about himself. He didn't mean I am, as in you.



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76
 


Show me a verse where Jesus says 'Jesus is the way follow me'.



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by NihilistSanta
 




Some say the devil is in the details. Best to leave out all of the conjecture. If the overall message you say is the is ok then it should be sufficient for your salvation. Instead you end up with people looking for "another way". Clearly Jesus told his closest followers that he IS the way.


You concluded I think this way. This is why you should not try to figure me out, by an OP, or questions I pose. I wanted to hear those other peoples thoughts, and why they think the way they do. How is that wrong?



Best to leave out all of the conjecture.


You say this because of your past experiences, this is not what I am doing by writing this thread. Many let their past drive their present.


I say conjecture because now you are introducing a "What IF scenario" into the bible. It becomes pandoras box and like I said before it all comes back to new age ideas of becoming more than what our creator created us to be and ultimately to the idea we are God which is pretty much the lie we are told from the beginning as well as the spark in the accuser that lead to the his fall.



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by jhill76
 


Show me a verse where Jesus says 'Jesus is the way follow me'.


Why would he say Jesus then say me in the same sentence?



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by NihilistSanta
 


Jesus didn't say that he is the way. Jesus said 'I am the way'. Read it as it is written, he wants you know that 'I am' is the way. He is saying 'Know Thyself'.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


He was talking about himself. He didn't mean I am, as in you.


Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

Here he quite clearly states don't follow anyone. Know thyself is what he is saying.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by jhill76
 


That was too harsh so I will say that you are proving my point. You are using semantics to end up at an alternate conclusion.
edit on 23-7-2012 by NihilistSanta because: Self censor bit too much vitriol.



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta
 




I say conjecture because now you are introducing a "What IF scenario" into the bible. It becomes pandoras box and like I said before it all comes back to new age ideas of becoming more than what our creator created us to be and ultimately to the idea we are God which is pretty much the lie we are told from the beginning as well as the spark in the accuser that lead to the his fall.


Some think this way, I want to know why they think it. I still don't see why you are bashing the idea of asking? The question is formed in a way, in which they would feel comfortable replying to the OP. If I said This is what the bible says, why do you think this, some would have just clicked out of the thread without replying.

If you want to talk to all sides, you need to know how to do it.
edit on 23-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by jhill76
 


Show me a verse where Jesus says 'Jesus is the way follow me'.


Mark 8:34
And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.





posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Find the father through me. Look to find the me in yourself. Look to find the I am and you will find the source (the father).



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Find the father through me. Look to find the me in yourself. Look to find the I am and you will find the source (the father).


So, by this logic, can a person of evil find Father within themselves?



posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta
 


If you want to see a genuine what if thread, take a look at this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...



new topics




 
13
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

log in

join