It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

why would you, of all people, who doesn't need a Bible, who calls Jesus "Brother", who isn't subject to the same standards as we lowly mortals here on earth, need a guardian angel....much less an entire army?

why can't you just guard yourself?

You do not believe what I speak as it stands, why should I entertain the question?

Every man is given a guardian at birth, but depending upon whose side they choose, the guardian from above will be asked to leave and the charge will be quickly picked up from below.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

why would you, of all people, who doesn't need a Bible, who calls Jesus "Brother", who isn't subject to the same standards as we lowly mortals here on earth, need a guardian angel....much less an entire army?

You do not believe what I speak as it stands, why should I entertain the question?

Every man is given a guardian at birth, but depending upon whose side they choose, the guardian from above will be asked to leave and the charge will be quickly picked up from below.

I don't understand any of what you just said. Please elaborate.

And just because I don't believe doesn't mean I'm still not fascinated with the whole idea. I am only human and it is my nature to be curious and inquisitive and to learn from such interests, regardless of their liklihood in reality.

And you didn't comment on my poor guardian, God bless his sweet little heart for ending up with me.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I think God would employ something much more capable of guardianship than that, surely.

He does, there are other angels that watch.

Then by that rationale, there should be no need for "rewinds"......

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

so you're guarded by below?
I don't know if we can continue this relationship Mr. Above the Hill, if you are consorting with the likes of below...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

When man is given unto his vessel (body), he is assigned a guardian angel or guide. This guardian is there to keep watch over and give word (suggestions) to said person throughout their life. But, if a person decides to not go with God or stay on the fence. The guardian will step aside until a decision is made. As once you leave God, things are left up to chance, and you are no longer under his protection.

Guardians are not the only resource you have in helping you, but only a tool in a large toolbox of resources that believers have.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

I think God would employ something much more capable of guardianship than that, surely.

He does, there are other angels that watch.

Then by that rationale, there should be no need for "rewinds"......

The ones that watch, will alert the the guardian or the other angels who are around. Guardians cannot move as fast as soldiers do.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

so you're guarded by below? I don't know if we can continue this relationship Mr. Above the Hill, if you are consorting with the likes of below...

I have soldiers from above, I am not in need of a guide.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

so you're guarded by below? I don't know if we can continue this relationship Mr. Above the Hill, if you are consorting with the likes of below...

what is the need for soldiers when something of higher rank is present

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
were angels created for the sole purpose of ministering to the needs of mankind?

was the universe created the way it was solely for the purpose for life to be possible on earth?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

To protect against man or below.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

As for the Bible teaching compassion from God, how would you feel if you kept telling people over and over and over again how to make things right, but they just absolutely refused to do it?

I feel very frustrated.

As for faith, it's reserved for eternal life, it has nothing to do with this world. We already know that this world is doomed to fail from retarded humanity!!

Fatalistic much?

But, by all means, if you think you can take a stab at saving humanity and be successful, more power to you!

And you'll just sit in the peanut gallery and cross your pious fingers?

Us Christians

(You mean to say "we" Christians)

will just keep doing what we know we're supposed to do and let the rest of you duke it out!

And what you "know" you're supposed to do is nothing but: hand out a Bible (if someone acts interested) but otherwise just patiently sit and wait, hands flung up in surrender, until your Prince Valiant (sorry, I mean, not "Valiant".....thinking....."Of Heaven") magically reappears and you are scooped into his palm, dropped into his dad's lap, and covered with angel-soft feathers.

Really?

Okay, but I get it. The world is doomed to fail to "retarded humanity" and there's nothing more productive to do than sit it out!

So.....how did it get so "retarded", sibling?
edit on 21-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

were angels created for the sole purpose of ministering to the needs of mankind?

was the universe created the way it was solely for the purpose for life to be possible on earth?

They were built for this, yes.

Yes.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Yes.

you are a conundrum to me Mr. Above the Hill.

just when I think I've got you figured out, you fake to the left and go for the three-point shot.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Yes.

just when I think I've got you figured out, you fake to the left and go for the three-point shot.

I wish I could understand that in which you speak here, but I do not understand.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

To protect against man or below.

why would higher rank need protection of any sort, much less from lowly mankind?

protection from higher rank of below I can understand, but I was under the impression that it was more of a stand-off than actual hand-to-hand combat.

I am quite interested to hear your take on that, as it will divulge much in regard to your source of information.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Yes.

I wish I could understand that in which you speak here, but I do not understand.

I guess they don't play basketball above.
That's a shame. I played varsity basketball in high school in the early 90's.

Surely one of your myriad of soldiers is familiar with basketball?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Surely one of your myriad of soldiers is familiar with basketball?

I am familiar with the sport, I am not understanding what you mean just when you have me figured out.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

why would higher rank need protection of any sort, much less from lowly mankind?

When one who is above is in the flesh here, they must have protection, from others who may inflict harm on the body. When not in the vessel, soldiers are there only for below.

When Brother said he could call 12 legions of angels, he was referring to the soldiers. They were always with him, but when called they would have acted on his word.

protection from higher rank of below I can understand, but I was under the impression that it was more of a stand-off than actual hand-to-hand combat.

No, as you are given in scripture. Michael stated there was war in heaven. There are wars all of the time. It's not a win or lose situation. One can become wounded, but not in a physical sense like you would expect.

edit on 21-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

No, as you are given in scripture. Michael stated there was war in heaven. There are wars all of the time. It's not a win or lose situation. One can become wounded, but not in a physical sense like you would expect.

not a win or lose situation, as in one side must eventually concede to the other and allow them to pass.

such as the prince of persia whom withstood Gabriel 21 days? And Daniel's righteousness and faith garnering strength and justification for Gabriel's passage?

or are you learning from a stupid girl today?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

above and below are inadequate terms, and the heaven we speak of that there was a war in is not the same place that the one (father) occupies...there are different dimensions...

the ones below are not really below in the sense of higher and lower, but their minds are occupying higher and lower states...their physical forms occupy the dimensions they are placed in, and sometimes it is between dimensions, or they are able to go from one to the other...

however, i believe that some of the ones below have been placed outside of dimensions and into a place where they cannot do direct harm to us, but can influence others and eventually their schemes work their way through various beings and channels and their agendas are carried out, probably not to the letter, but carried out none the less...

because the creator allows free will, the goal is still the same, but the way it gets there may not always be perfect...

in time it all comes together though...

i dont think, however, that we are the center of the universe...we are one of many places that has life, and we are still young in certain respects, but life does not begin or end with us...we are a part of it, yes, and we are an important part of it, as all life is, but we are not the focus of it...

edit on 21-7-2012 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join