It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Humanity became retarded when we all decided to go our own way and follow our own path. I know this is hard to recognize and understand while we're all screaming for freedom and free will, but in reality, nothing good has ever come from free will.

This is why Father has to constantly step in and "fix" things.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I still don't understand how humanity become so retarded. We have the Hadron Collider, and people still believe in an invisible man in the sky who will make everything alright.

lmao.....so you've actually seen what goes on in the Hadron Collider? You can see atoms & their accouterment?

Wow. Just, ...wow.

Most of us can only see the effects of what goes on in there.

I've never met anyone who could see electrons with the naked eye!!

OMG!!!! YOU ARE LIKE A SUPERHERO!!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So you're saying the world is going to hell because mankind has freewill?

The world is going to hell because mankind always chooses to make poor choices, from our abilities to exercise free will. So, yes.

That makes a weird kind of sense, but we are fully capable of compassion to steer us back on course.

Yes, were capable of anything. But we've proven that we're not willing to do what it takes to steer us back on course. This makes up the other half of retarded.

The problem is, your Bible doesn't do a very good job of teaching compassion. We find loophole in everything, so we do what we want. Also, your Bible says, "Just have faith that you'll be saved." Nuh uh, we gotta kick ass and save the world ourselves.

Just to make sure it gets done. Ya dig?

As for the Bible teaching compassion from God, how would you feel if you kept telling people over and over and over again how to make things right, but they just absolutely refused to do it? Even after you sent your only Son down here to die for their sins.

As for faith, it's reserved for eternal life, it has nothing to do with this world. We already know that this world is doomed to fail from retarded humanity!!

But, by all means, if you think you can take a stab at saving humanity and be successful, more power to you!

Us Christians will just keep doing what we know we're supposed to do and let the rest of you duke it out!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Time will not save you from this nightmare you seem to be having. If you believe this is not good enough and that there is better later, you will never see what is really here.
Only now is but humans want what is later because there is a promise of better - that promise is deceptive.

i agree, we think too much about never never land...pie in the sky...and miss the present...the precious present...it is a gift...what will we do with it? if we keep looking far off into the future and worrying about the future all the time, we miss what is right in front of us, the present, this gift we have in front of us right now, whatever shape it takes...whether it is the sunshine, or a person in our path, we miss it if we keep thinking about what is beyond...its like daydreaming behind the wheel of the car...if we keep daydreaming about the destination, instead of paying attention to the present and what is around us, we might miss something important and never make it there because we crash into something...

same thing with lamenting about the past...we cannot change it...can we learn from it? sure, but whats the point of dwelling on it? we can only do right now...we can intend to do later, but the only real important moment is now, because we are in the now...if the mind is elsewhere, then it is not really being focused...it is divided...
edit on 21-7-2012 by studythem1 because: wording

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Humanity became retarded when we all decided to go our own way and follow our own path. I know this is hard to recognize and understand while we're all screaming for freedom and free will, but in reality, nothing good has ever come from free will.

This is why Father has to constantly step in and "fix" things.

i dont believe that father steps in to fix things...i believe that the spirit moves the messengers to step in and assist, but even they make mistakes, or misjudge what we are ready for...and as always there is something lost in translation, because they speak as you do...but they are used to everyone around them understanding already what they mean so they do not have to elaborate, it just "is" to them...and it is hard to transplant that into the human mind especially if it is closed into its own understanding...and its own perception...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

reply to post by jhill76

Basically, he's saying nothing matters, just flow with it.

That's the part I don't understand. How does itsnowagain or anyone else bring any kind of value or worth to the table of making this a better world if nothing matters?

It is the beam in your eye. You see a world and think you can make it better. The world you see is an idea you have. What is wrong with right now.....unless you think about it? Stay with what is real and nothing needs to be made better.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

God could not be seen or heard by humans without facing death. So, God told these people that he would send Jesus to be the mediator so they could walk and talk with him in the form of the flesh.

What about today. Can man still talk and see God? I guess, I could see your point if Jesus was here today, but what about the ones after his death, how are they supposed to do this?

In the OT, Father talked to a lot of humans.

the all, the one speaks to us all if we listen, but there are those that try to intercept us, and impersonate the all...that is what has happened before and is still going on...so not all the humans who claimed to have a direct line to the one were actually speaking the truth, they were fooled into thinking this...we must not make the same error...that is where the spirit becomes important...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

i dont believe that father steps in to fix things...

Then you haven't seen the rewinds. (When Father rewinds the event, and it has a different outcome.)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Then you haven't seen the rewinds. (When Father rewinds the event, and it has a different outcome.)

explain please...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by studythem1

explain please...

Say your guardian happened to look the other way for a split second, and a car rams into you. Above will perform a rewind. They will set you back right before the car crashed into you, and a different outcome will take place. This is an overview of a rewind.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

i have never witnessed anything like a rewind, though i do believe it is possible, but for what purpose? only the recipient and the one knows for what reason...time is a concept we live in, but for the one, there is no such restriction...

it is not for me to decide whether that would be valid or not...i only know my own experience for certain...

i do know i have a guardian, and that guardian has often protected me...in some cases, those who are under the influence have even seen this guardian...and backed away...animals recognize it...some react in fear, and some react in...admiration...

but if there was ever a rewind, i was not aware of it...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

explain please...

Say your guardian happened to look the other way for a split second, and a car rams into you. Above will perform a rewind. They will set you back right before the car crashed into you, and a different outcome will take place. This is an overview of a rewind.

How would this be comparable to the concept of deja vu?

Suppose I am in a moment of realizing that I have "seen" or "experienced" an event, i.e. talking to another person. I remember when the original event, talking to the person, I said one thing, but in present reality, I chose to say something else. What is your take on that?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

How would this be comparable to the concept of deja vu?

Most have glimpses of this and attribute it to deja vu.

Suppose I am in a moment of realizing that I have "seen" or "experienced" an event, i.e. talking to another person. I remember when the original event, talking to the person, I said one thing, but in present reality, I chose to say something else. What is your take on that?

You are re-living the days events, because something had to be changed, either by you or another.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

i have never witnessed anything like a rewind, though i do believe it is possible, but for what purpose?

To make sure the tapestry is followed, mainly. Or, if something happened to you and you need to continue living.

i do know i have a guardian, and that guardian has often protected me...in some cases, those who are under the influence have even seen this guardian...and backed away...animals recognize it...some react in fear, and some react in...admiration...

Yes, I do not have a guardian, but rather a half of an army of soldiers that are with me. People tend to cross the street to avoid, or change seats when they are close to me.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

why would a guardian need a guardian?

if I have a guardian, he probably rolls his eyes at me quite a bit.
if I have a guardian, he needs a serious pat on the back just for putting up with me all this time.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

explain please...

wth, what kind of crappy guardian is that?!?

I think God would employ something much more capable of guardianship than that, surely.

besides, you're not fooling anyone Mr. Above the Hill, we both know that there are no rewinds.
Father doesn't make mistakes and it is against His laws.

The ball is only allowed to roll forward toward to its inevitable, just outcome, thus rendering rewinds moot.

Quit acting like you don't know this.
edit on 21-7-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

The easiest and most basic way to explain dejavu is that it is basically your brain catching up to your sensory perception.

It has been firmly associated with petit-mal seizures in the temporal lobe. Most common among 15 to 25 year olds.

But if you want to get all mystical about it, the best one I've heard is that they are moments when your spirit briefly manifests itself in your conscious at a point in time that you are wholly and completely in line with the path that you are meant to be on.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

I don't understand. Quote my post so I can understand what you are asking.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

wth, what kind of crappy guardian is that?!?

Angels are not perfect. Sometimes, they will look for a slight second at something.

I think God would employ something much more capable of guardianship than that, surely.

He does, there are other angels that watch.

Father doesn't make mistakes and is is against His laws.

Who said Father makes mistakes? The angel is the one who made the mistake. That's like blaming God for a Christian acting up in church.

The ball is only allowed to roll forward toward its inevitable just outcome, thus rendering rewinds moot.

You say this because of your current understanding.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I don't understand. Quote my post so I can understand what you are asking.

why would you, of all people, who doesn't need a Bible, who calls Jesus "Brother", who isn't subject to the same standards as we lowly mortals here on earth, need a guardian angel....much less an entire army?

why can't you just guard yourself?

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join