It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Not everyone was meant to follow Jesus and accept God's wisdom over their own wisdom.

You are correct, not everyone is meant to follow Jesus, but that's what you keep insisting, as though people who never heard of him are automatically condemned or "dead", and that's just too exclusive. We are all ONE, we survive as ONE under God, indivisible....that includes everybody.

Yes, I'm a humanist, a universalist, an optimist, and it's time to refresh Jesus' message and wake up to the truth, and get with the program.

Or, you can just sit there and say "nope" and "you're wrong" and "no way" and "I'm sure of it". How is that helping TODAY be better? It isn't. It's just pitying yourself and nurturing your misery and waiting for a hero to save you and make it all better. Like a princess in a high tower waiting for Prince Valiant to come fetch her.

How about the princess does something for herself, and for others? Those are always the best "princess" characters, not the helpless sleeping put-upon beauties who are victimized until he gets there and slays the dragon.

I don't intend to pout and pray my way to the grave. I'm not a long-suffering, patient, helpless lamb . Proactive behavior trumps complacent suffering every time. What are you doing to solve the problems? (Aside from telling everyone else how you're the only one who's right about everything and your view is the only valid view)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

When the suffering ceases, love and compassion are found beneath the pain so there is an out pouring that appears to be for others.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Today does not need any help, yesterday does not need any help and tomorrow does not need any help. Not even this moment needs any help. It is all doing itself. Even you are being done. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Only the human mind can be so arrogant to 'think' it does anything.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Yes, I'm a humanist, a universalist, an optimist, and it's time to refresh Jesus' message and wake up to the truth, and get with the program.

No. Jesus' message is capable of standing on it's own without change or updating.

Obviously, you subscribe to a different thought and if you want to constantly change them, then God will allow your free will to do that for you, but your free will isn't going to dictate what God does or how he chooses to spread his message.

edit on 21-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

When the suffering ceases, love and compassion are found beneath the pain so there is an out pouring that appears to be for others.

I agree.

I can't tell though, whether you are refuting or expounding on what I'm trying to get at. Some folks are very cryptic in their posts, such as yourself and the OP, and that's fine. But it is up to the communicator to make sure the message recipient understands what they are saying. My style is to repeat myself until the point is crystal clear, using analogies, or changes of vocabulary or syntax or whatever metaphors seem to get through to each individual I interact with.

I adjust my style as I observe theirs, and through theirs come to understand their worldview, character, and outlook.

I always want to add: "Do you know what I mean?" Not rhetorically as in conversation, but I really want to know. I prefer if the person repeats back to me what they think I mean, so that I can say "yes, that's it" or "no, let me try again."

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

What are you doing to solve the problems? (Aside from telling everyone else how you're the only one who's right about everything and your view is the only valid view)

I'm helping to spread God's Word, not some notion created by human minds.

I also pray for God's will. Until everyone's will lines up with God's, and they choose his will over their own, you're not going to witness any change.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

but your free will isn't going to dictate what God does or how he chooses to spread his message.

You clearly do not understand what I'm talking about, or the concept of collective consciousness or "Christ consciousness."

Never mind. I'll leave you to your negative, narrow brooding chamber, and close the door on my way out...I'll neither slam it, nor will I let it smack my backside as I go.

See ya when we all get there. Meantime, fare well, and good luck with your suffering and sufferance.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

not some notion created by human minds.

Parting note:
Has it occurred to you that the "God" you imagine is a "notion created by human minds", and the Bible is "The Word" as written by humans? God did not produce that handbook, people did, and it's outdated. Deal with it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

See, this is where your mind goes astray. God was the one who said, "Thy will be done". It's God's will. Not yours. When you wake up and realize that it's only when you align your will with God's will that all things are possible, you'll remain in the dark. They are not one. They are separate and you are supposed to align your will with His will.

Only the human mind can be so arrogant to 'think' it does anything.

Only an ignorant mind thinks that their free will doesn't affect anything.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

We have to remember that John was the one who saw Jesus if I am correct, and this means that he saw a miracle worker, let's assume today there was some amazing holy magician that could move water with his mind, maybe that has not happened but it would be a start to show that someone like Jesus was possible. Any ancient magician miracles recorded in Eygpt long before?

So we have to consider that questions were asked to Jesus, like how the creation began. Jesus answered by saying there once was a word and always a word. When asked about getting to where Jesus was, of course Jesus would say 'through me' because Jesus understands the spirit for which he taught about. I like metaphors, and obviously Jesus or whoever was behind the teachings staging the story as you unbelievers think did also. One thing ignorant people must not know about metaphors - you don't take them literally because they mean two things.

When we talk about misinterpretations from the bible, this is the greatest one. This idea means that Jesus is actually the essence of a snake, if you had not known about Jesus, then somebody said something misunderstood, you have a choice to save your soul based on knowledge that you do not have? That is disgracing spirituality, religion, everything.

There is one fact for every religion, why not believe that the story of Jesus could be possible? At least read the new testament for yourself and tell me why you think they are lying. If we come to our common senses in religion and spirituality - we would believe in Jesus. We believe our brothers and sisters trying to tell us something.

edit on 21-7-2012 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

See ya when we all get there. Meantime, fare well, and good luck with your suffering and sufferance.

I'm not suffering.

I've chosen to align my will with God's will.

I realize that my will has nothing good to offer, but that doesn't mean I don't possess a free will at all, that's why I choose to align it with God's in the first place.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

not some notion created by human minds.

Parting note:
Has it occurred to you that the "God" you imagine is a "notion created by human minds", and the Bible is "The Word" as written by humans? God did not produce that handbook, people did, and it's outdated. Deal with it.

This is why I suggested that people stop thinking with their minds and start opening up their spirit.

The true God is revealed through the spirit, not the mind. The Bible is only a guide to show us what we need to do to align our will with His.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

You are being done, everything is being done - Thy will be done. This/you is being done by the will of God.
There is no me that can do anything.

When this is realized there is rest, there is peace.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The Bible is only a guide to show us what we need to do to align our will with His.

You talking to me? I've left you to your victorious tenacity, remember?
But since this one last thought of yours spoken at my back drifted out into my awareness, I'll just make one more comment. "The Bible is only a guide". And it is ONLY ONE of an infinite possibility of guides. Gods will is peace on earth, good will toward men, and it is presented in many other "Guides". My will is in line with the Source. Yours seems to be in line with doing nothing but pointing out someone else as the leader. Be the leader, the Spirit is within you as well.

Okay, really, I've exhausted my "free will" to try to communicate with you anymore today. Have a pleasant day. its 11:11

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

You are being done, everything is being done - Thy will be done. This/you is being done by the will of God.
There is no me that can do anything.

When this is realized there is rest in peace.

Yes, God's will, will be done and override our free will in the end.

This is why I say that you should do a little history research. Every time our free will interferes with God's will, history repeats itself. This is God's way of trying to get us to correct our free will, but we're not listening.

In the end, His will be done. God realizes that most people aren't aligning their will to His, so he's going to wipe the earth clean again, create a new heaven/earth, and set us all straight.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Freewill is an illusion. There is only one will and it is Gods. To believe otherwise creates hate and conflict, it creates division. It is the belief in division that creates suffering.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Freewill is an illusion. There is only one will and it is Gods. To believe otherwise creates hate and conflict, it creates division. It is the belief in division that creates suffering.

Look at it any way you want, but regardless, perfection is never going to happen on this earth and it was never meant to. Life as we know it on this earth is only an experience to prepare us for the next life and the new heaven/earth.

And no, it's not some kind of spiritual or physical renewal of this earth. This earth will pass away entirely and a new heaven/earth has been created.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Always wanting more!! That is the human condition, expecting, anticipation, what's next.....?
Never content with what is. To be here now and be satisfied, to be at the finish line complete and whole is not what most would call succsesful.
Humans always want more because the mind is a machine that is seeing life for you, it is a machine that measures and compares and stamps all it sees with good or bad and it is colouring your life experience.
The experience is happening by the will of God and the mind resists, hates, judges and destroys all of God creation.-

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Always wanting more!! That is the human condition, expecting, anticipation, what's next.....? Never content with what is. To be here now and be satisfied, to be at the finish line complete and whole is not what most would call succsesful.

We're supposed to perfect ourselves as much as we can while we are here. How much we do here determines what we will do or be in the next life as well as provide a better life for those who are still here on earth. Lack of contentment on our part has nothing to do with it. This isn't human conditioning. This is God conditioning. God already told us his plan.

Humans always want more because the mind is a machine that is seeing life for you, it is a machine that measures and compares and stamps all it sees with good or bad and it is colouring your life experience.
The experience is happening by the will of God and the mind resists, hates, judges and destroys all of God creation.-

The experience is happening by the will of God in order for us to correct ourselves. Your mind is the one limiting you, not me. Your mind is the one holding you back from accepting God's plan, that he already laid out before you ever came into existence. That's not to say that we are allowed to do whatever we want here on this earth. That was not God's plan, that was man's plan.

Go back and read this last quote of yours again. You're basically stating that it's God's will for the mind to resist and hate and judge, as well as destroy God's creation. This isn't God's will. That is people's own free will at work and interfering with God's will. Try to recognize the difference.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

You might believe you need to perfect yourself but if you look directly at what you are you might find that you are mistaken.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join