It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Actually I haven't been that bad all my life. I wouldn't change a thing. I'm not rich and I'm not poor. I earned almost everything I have or acquired it honestly. I'm not perfect by any means but have a conscience and by having that I also have little regrets. I do wish I would have kept my awareness up all along, I knew lots of deception was going on and could have possibly done more to help hold it back through my life. A little too meek to make waves I guess, afraid to challenge the wrong I saw in the world around me.

My father told me something when I was a kid. "A mistake isn't a mistake if you learn from it, it's a learning experience". That has been a major impact on who I am. I try to stay away from deceiving people or from making personal gain the basis of deception. I will not try to consciously protect my mistakes but will try to admit them to myself and others if it is any of their business to know. I am not a fool either, I research things people tell me. The Devil would have you believe a lie. The Devil is a deceiver. Everyone is a little devilish at times.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

But I find your posts irresistibly nonsensical at times, based simply on the fact that one day, you seem to be going in one direction

Yes, I have told others, I post many things and it seems my intent is all over the place. I do this, to bring out discussion from others. I am interested in how they respond. Even the question I posed in the OP, I only did it to see what other peoples views are, not a genuine question of self.

Many assume my intent by what I post, but I will be all over the place just to see responses, nothing more.

If you are legit, then I see no reason why that should bother you.

I hold no emotion when I am on here. The only thing I would like to see, when you post, is addressing the questions raised or commenting on that, that would be ideal. But, you are your own person and can do as you wish.
edit on 19-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Well, I'm probably going to hell because I pray to God instead of Jesus. It's not that I don't believe Jesus didn't exist, it's just that I never have liked dealing with middlemen. I'll take a chance at letting my actions speak to god instead. I thank god every day and I also thank Mother Earth for making this experience possible and for supplying the food and water I eat. I think of Jesus as more of a friend or teacher than as God. Like I said, I expect to go to a nice warm place when I die.

In the end, it matters little that any of us entrust ourselves to God by words only. Jesus knows us better than we know ourselves. There is an example of this in the Bible for us to see the matter clearly.

John 2

23 Now while he was in Jerusalem at the Passover Festival, many people saw the signs he was performing and believed in his name. 24 But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people. 25 He did not need any testimony about mankind, for he knew what was in each person.

Why did Jesus not entrust himself to them?

One reason is clear: "You must be born again." The process of cleansing the temple with the water is a clear reference to temple sacrifice. The root meaning of this is reduced to the temple being the body our soul resides in and the purpose for which God placed the soul here in the wilderness. Jesus knew their hearts. They were coming to him, yet he was not entrusting that relationship to them yet. Why?

To answer this, you need to know who Elijah is and how this relates to John the Baptist and Baptism. To answer the question, read 1 Kings 17. Baptism is the immersion of the soul into the water of reality. After knowing that Elijah is in charge of water and baptism, then you can then go to Matthew 3 and see Baptism in light of its function. Water cleanses the temple, but fire has another function. Fire consumes the beast. Who is the beast? Carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons. The mark of mankind is the mark of the beast of man in the carbon. If the water does not cleanse the temple with the blood of the one sacrificed, then the fire consumes the beast and reduces it to ashes so the water can then do its work.

Jesus knew that time and the final judgment was coming at the end of the three days of Jonah. A day is 1000 years. Some of the souls needed the extra three days for the fire to do its work. The fire comes at the end of the second day to burn away the weeds in the field after the crop is harvested. The final Day of the Lord is the last 1000 years of peace when the wicked generations are removed and their influence is gone.

Matthew 3 now makes sense. Who was welcomed to baptism? Who was told to bear fruit?

Matthew 3 (John the Baptism speaking as the spirit of Elijah)

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with[c] the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Three baptisms listed here. There are five. Earth (DUST), Air (WORD), Water (Baptism), Fire (Trials) and Spirit as the crown. Water puts out fire. Some people will require fire to reshape the heart in the iron-smelting furnace.

Deuteronomy 4

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars —all the heavenly array —do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

Egypt is the Earth and the wilderness where the sacrifice is made. The inheritance is the Universe, which was created for us.

edit on 19-7-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

Could Jesus have meant, imitate me, be like me, and you can enter heaven? Do you really think people who lived their lives like Brother, but don't accept him as Savior will be sent to eternal damnation?

This is what I was taught by my grandparents who were followers of Christ. That Christ was the ideal, the model in which we shape our selves with. Cleansing oneself, receiving the word, reading your bible and being ready to receive prophecy and all that jazz. Gosh I miss them.

My immediate nuclear family growing up didn't worship or recognize religion. In fact, I was taught it was the devil's institution, meant to control and enslave the mind and ultimately mankind. I have always been taught that we might have all been cuckolded where the Book Religions are concerned.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to human beings by which we must be saved than the name of Jesus Christ.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus 1 Timothy 2:5

Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 10:9-10
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

Hebrews 7:25
Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Galatians 3:21
Is there a conflict, then, between God's law and God's promises? Absolutely not! If the law could give us new life, we could be made right with God by obeying it.

I don't know. Lots of verses I think. Main stream Christians believe in the Trinity God which is God the father, God the son and god the holy spirit. Basically 3 separate personalities all as one God.

I think it's suppose to be meant to be, The father is the creater of all. Jesus did the work of salvation so we are required to call apon him. Then the spirit which is the feeling you get inside when you know God is living in you. I mean I don't think anyone has all the answers perfect but... ya I think Jesus is a safe bet.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
To clarify 1 Kings 17, Elijah shut off the water. The jar had some flower and the woman had oil. When the son died, Elijah took him to heaven (Up Stairs) and restored the soul to a body (Jar), then took him back down to Earth to the mother. Baptism and being born again are pictured by this symbolism. Elijah is the gatekeeper for this process of water immersion. Raising to new life is the process over time. Jesus Baptizes with Spirit (Consciousness made Holy) by Fire (Trials and refinement). The "Experts" in the law were the ones reserved for fire because they were corrupting the Earth. Add High Priests to this as well as moneychangers and Peter (Rome).

The fire is coming at the end of the 2nd day before the temple is raised fully in the last Day of the Lord.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:3 "Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:4

Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end."

To see this clearly, let’s put the information into context with the entire story of the Bible:

-Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
-Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
-Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
-Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)

Jesus stated that the only sign the Experts would get is the sign of Johan. He said this at the end of Age 2. At the end of Age 3, the Holy Spirit is given and at the end of the Day of the Lord, we find our salvation. The Temple is raised.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

If you're a Christian, then that IS the way to God. You can have a direct relationship with God himself, but Jesus is the one who gave himself for our sins.. so we have to accept him into our hearts even if we already have a good relationship with God. They are the same but different personas; I've had a close relationship with God but then I realized I needed to start conversing with the Savior more because he is the teacher and literally the way.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

In order to be a Christian you have to believe that Jesus was God in human form, not just a man. That's a fundimental teaching that Christians believe that Jesus was God in human form.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Is Jesus the only way to God?

No. You can also get to him using Google maps. Those silly Christians lay claim to everything.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Many are taught that accepting Jesus Christ and accepting him into your life, you will be saved from hell. But, did Brother make this claim? The closest we can come to this is:

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Could Jesus have meant, imitate me, be like me, and you can enter heaven? Do you really think people who lived their lives like Brother, but don't accept him as Savior will be sent to eternal damnation?

You have other scriptures that talk about accepting Christ, but did Brother specifically say to do this or perish? Is it possible with having a direct relationship with God, or choosing your own way to God, but being good?
edit on 19-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

1. To be a follower of our Messiah, you must comprehend his words, and not the words or interpretations of mortals. Only his words. Do remember he sacrificed himself for us, at a time when salvation for mankind was none-existant. He taught our ancestors love, forgiveness and salvation.

2. Comprehend the era he lived in and the land he was sent to - the heartlands of Judiasm, filled with rabbis and clerics whom had mutilated the old testaments to their own beliefs and robotized the hebrews, and deviated from what our Creator wanted for mankind.

Majority of the jews were uneducated, and thus were easily misled. The Messiah came to free the hebrews, but with unbelievable faith and trust by non-jews with free will whom were able to understand his message, it soon encompassed all who believe his words, and sought to follow what he taught, as taught and directed to him by our Creator.

Those rabbis and clerics of that era were then jealous and sought to destroy him, for he turned away many from their falsehoods and lies, and gave mankind hope.

3. That hope exists even today and is also for the next generations.

4. How can one be good, if he does not follow the Messiah's teachings, or had been influenced by it through parents, relatives and friends, not by their preachings or words, by their daily actions, of what works and what does not work?

5. The good prophet Muhammad was from another era, and taught another group of mankind, across a different geological barrier, language and culture, a time when culturalism was never practiced or encouraged, unlike today. Someone had to save the arabs from their barbaric leaders, and the prophet was the one.

He did not teach any differently from our Messiah. Much of the Koran contains scriptures from the bible as well.

It takes time for us all to learn and understand. The west had education for centuries. The east is only now slowly catching up. Education is the only answer to brigde differences.

6. What Christianity and Islam teaches is the same - to know our common Creator, and using our free will, to follow His guided path for us, so that we need not have much suffering as we have now, which are the mistakes we and our elected or power-seizing leaders had committed. Aknowledging and correcting those mistakes will help us progress, which was the path He had laid out for us all along.

7. You have free will. He gave us the gifts of life, love and free will, and lives within us. The prophets and our Messiah teachings will lead you to Him. Any other way - you may not comprehend enough to reach out to Him.

Good Luck.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Therefore, "good" is entirely and completely subjective and there is no universal standard of measurement for "good."

I see, but the good I am referring to, is the blueprint that Brother left behind for all. Could this not be the universal standard to abide by?

When you say "Brother" I'm assuming you mean "Jesus", thus based on that assumption, the blueprint was already here as the Law which was given to Moses. Jesus came to live out that Law, to the letter, then ultimately fulfill that Law, to the letter, by His death and resurrection.
No man is or was capable of fulfilling the Law given to Moses. No human being could do such a thing, it would be impossible. An entertaining book on a regular Joe attempting to do so is called, "A Year Of Living Biblically" by A.J. Jacobs.
Anyway, the whole point of Jesus' life was to fulfill the Law required to accomplish "goodness" as per instructions from God Himself to Moses.
No one had done it before Jesus was born, and no one except Jesus has or will do it since.
He did it.
He said, "It is finished".
That meant, the requirements that were given to mankind to meet to obtain reconciliation for the stunt in the Garden had been met.
Two requirements: Death or a sinless life led according to the Law of God
Jesus went ahead and fulfilled them both, 'cuz He's thorough like that.
As a human being, Jesus met the requirements that had to be met by a human being to redeem mankind from eternal spiritual death.
A human being initiated the need for reconciliation, therefore reconciliation could only be fulfilled by a human being.
But God, being the way super clever God that He is, still fulfilled the requirements on our behalf while not breaking any of His own rules.
He fulfilled them on our behalf because He made us and He loves us and knows that we are simply not capable of meeting the requirements ourselves.

Let's say someone parks their big, black Yukon XL Denali in the Walmart parking lot next to a minivan full of 3 year olds. The mom tells them to be careful when they get out of the vehicle so they don't scratch the Denali. She tells them if they scratch the Denali, then several days of someone's life will have to be sacrificed to reconcile the damage. The kids pile out, and one of them sees a pretty white rock and picks it up. The child reasons in its mind that "writing" is not the same as "scratching", plus the Denali is black and shiny and the child has decided that the white rock suits it perfectly and commences to "write" pretty things with the white rock on the shiny black Denali.....thinking, won't Momma be proud because I'm not scratching it plus I'm making it even better than it was to start with.

Momma sees what the child is doing and is not proud. But what is the point in explaining in detail to the child all the time and effort that will now be required to rectify the ruinous act committed by the child? There's no way a 3 year old could understand that, nor would they even have the capacity to sit there and listen attentively while you vainly tried to explain it to them.

All the child can understand is that Momma is super pissed off because they did something really bad that has to be fixed. Fixing the Denali will likely take weeks, which is longer than the child can comprehend. Fixing the Denali will take hours on the phone and driving to the insurance office and being repaired and paperwork and this and that and blah and blah. None of which the child could accomplish itself, nor even remotely be expected to comprehend.

So, Momma takes care of it, even though it made her mad and even though it will be a total pain in her ass and even though she wasn't the one who did the damage. Momma takes care of it because it is her child, she loves it, she chose to give birth to it and bring it into the world and because she is a good Momma.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by network dude

In order to be a Christian you have to believe that Jesus was God in human form, not just a man. That's a fundimental teaching that Christians believe that Jesus was God in human form.

You would have a hard time being Catholic my friend.

I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; he descended into hell; on the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen

I had such a hard time with it, I stopped worrying about it. I let God guide me and I just trust him.

None of us will know who is correct until we die.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

It would be more accurate to refer to Jesus as Teacher rather than Brother.

This may be true for others, but I am to call him Brother, as I do the others.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

My father told me something when I was a kid. "A mistake isn't a mistake if you learn from it, it's a learning experience".

Correct, Father says this all the time, it's neither good or bad, it just is. Father teaches by putting you through situations, not giving you all the answers.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

To see this clearly, let’s put the information into context with the entire story of the Bible:

-Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
-Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
-Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
-Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)

The only problem I see with this is: Father doesn't deal in time, like we do here. So, putting 2k years on Age 3 would be our view, and not what truly is. Father decides not on time, but when the conditions are right.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

When you say "Brother" I'm assuming you mean "Jesus", thus based on that assumption, the blueprint was already here as the Law which was given to Moses. Jesus came to live out that Law, to the letter, then ultimately fulfill that Law, to the letter, by His death and resurrection.

Yes, when I say Brother, I mean Jesus. As we do not call him Jesus or Christ or any of those names, only Brother or The Son, just depends on whom I am speaking to.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
the thing about Jesus is he was the centerpiece of a spiritual movement in his day to free people from religious oppression, and the idea that there was some sort of formula, or hierarchy one had to ascribe to in order to be free...along the way they turned him into a part of the godhead, by way of governmental mandate, doctrine, and strict authoritarian control of that propaganda...which is exactly what he was attempting to free people from...ironic, but it is the mark of all attempts to take spiritual insight and turn it into a mandate...that one must comply with in order to be "saved"...

Constantine was not a religious man, but he organized the complete religious takeover and administration of the then known worlds most recognized spiritual movement into an organization that wielded much power over his constituents and all those to come in the future for his successors...and the successors of the then leaders of the church...doubtless they all had some sort of earthly power to gain when they schemed to control the thoughts of the masses in their day...

therefore the doctrine that was voted on and set as the acceptable version of Christianity as a religion is suspect...and in order to be truly objective, one must discard all we think we know, and what we have been taught is correct concerning the meaning of Jesus' words...

once we strip away the human anthropomorphism we assign to the creator, then we can really see the truth as it is...unfettered and clear...and the old corrupt doctrine is discarded in favor of the true insight we can gather from any prophet or spiritual teacher...

if we cling to the ideas that have been forced on us by way of doctrinal totalitarianism, we lose the power of what has been given us...

it is the same as "having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof..."

rebelling against human religious corruption is not rebelling against the creator, but opening our minds to the truth we have yet to uncover, and being free from the slavery that is mind control...it is the ultimate act of faith to trust in the creator and not blindly trust in the fallible ideas of man...to default to the ideas of man to the point of worshiping them...is tantamount to idolatry...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

Perfect! Welcome aboard, we need you here!!
~wildtimes

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

bravo.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If you listen to Jesus, then yeah, the only way to God is through him. On the other hand, Jesus is not exactly the most objective source for information. Not that he's purposely lying. He tells the truth as he knows it. But he obviously has his own agenda.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join