It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus the only way to God?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Also I would like to ask you. Have you had a near death experience? You said something earlier about when you questioned what you knew to be true you were taken away from here and sent back because you understood. If that is the case you should really crack open your bible and see what it says about death (here is a hint it is also equated with sleeping) so I would question the validity of any messages you might have received during a NDE. If this is the case. If not please disregard.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
reply to post by jhill76

Also I would like to ask you. Have you had a near death experience? You said something earlier about when you questioned what you knew to be true you were taken away from here and sent back because you understood. If that is the case you should really crack open your bible and see what it says about death (here is a hint it is also equated with sleeping) so I would question the validity of any messages you might have received during a NDE. If this is the case. If not please disregard.

Nothing of the sort at all. When I was taken, my vessel was inhabited by another from above until a decision was made.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

reply to post by jhill76

Nothing of the sort at all. When I was taken, my vessel was inhabited by another from above until a decision was made.

So you were possessed?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

So you were possessed?

No. How do you equate one from above possessing? What do you think happened to Pauls body when he was taken above? While "he" was above, someone had to continue operating the vessel. It surely, wasn't below.

2 Cor. 12:2

I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know--God knows.

edit on 20-7-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I am not equating one from above with possessed I am equating the habitation of your vessel by another with possession.

I am not down playing or ridiculing your experience merely trying to understand. I am sure many believers have had supernatural occurrences (myself included).

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I am not equating one from above with possessed I am equating the habitation of your vessel by another with possession.

We do not classify it as such.

I am not down playing or ridiculing your experience merely trying to understand. I am sure many believers have had supernatural occurrences (myself included).

Explain yours.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Is Jesus the only way to God?

Yes

Next question

Care to elaborate why?

Im not doing your work for you..

Jesus did say many crazily dangerous things to second temple Jews.. He DID say He was God.. He called Himself "The Son of Man".. Jews then were not backwater hicks but very learned in the scriptures.. Saying one sentence like that, the Jews would hyperlink to the book of Daniel where the Son of Man would be sat at the right hand of God and given a sceptre and a kingdom that would last forever.. Saying that to a Jew then was blasphemy.. That got you killed then.. He also called God MY Father.. Jews would NEVER say that! Jews think corporately.. We say I, me, they say us, we.. A Jew would never call God MY Father.. Only the Messiah could say that, and that was well known to the Jews... That also would have got you stoned yo death!

There are many other instances, but in the end my ass belongs to Yeshua.. He said He is the way and that no one goes to the Father except by Him.. Another crazy statement..

So, its up to you yourself to work out.. Is He crazy? Or telling the truth?

That.. He has left to YOU..

Myself.. I can afford to be wrong.. But can you afford for me to be right?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

I love your avitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe we all find our own personal happiness in life, and our own personal peace in death.

Jesus, was a good man, and living your life like him would do wonders for everyone, how ever I do not believe we will burn in hell if we don't worship, or find god through him. I do not believe we will suffer for never following or believing in god. I really don't think everyone finds him on their first try, it may take your whole life, and you may not find him in this life. We are all here to experience life, and all it's pleasures/pains. If you waste it worrying about how good you're doing, or looking for god you might waste it. You have all eternity in the after life to find him.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Explain yours.

Ordinarily I do not like to get too personal but I feel you genuinely want to know so here goes. 6 years ago I was an unabashed god hating atheist. I was sitting in my home office beginning to surf the web for trivial things when suddenly out of no where a "force" for lack of a better term passed through my body. It was a semi violent reaction that threw me back in my chair against the wall. A flood of emotion came over me complete with tears and I was suddenly filled with an understanding. It was like a light switch had been flipped and a complete change came over me.

At the time I did not know exactly what had happened but I felt this pulling on my heart of a spiritual nature. My eyes were opened. A few days later I was introduced to the world of conspiracy theory something I had previously ridiculed my oldest brother about and It all made sense to me. What I mean is it was almost like having my hard drive reformatted. All of the old prejudices and hate towards God were deleted and I began to see the world with fresh eyes.

I have not spoken of this incident with too many people so perhaps this is a grand unveiling so I would like to get some input from others on what this could have been? I have assumed it was the holy spirit. Ever sense that experience I have put my complete faith in the lord. I cant put into words the understanding that was revealed. It was more of an emotion or feeling than thoughts per say hard to say.

I have walked away from this event feeling as if the very finger of God had tapped me on my shoulder to wake me up.

There were no drugs or altered states of consciousness. There was no electrical shock and no brain tumors or such to cause hallucinations or phantom sensations. So I ruled out most conventional reasons that I can think of.

I am sure people will read this and think me delusional but I am not ashamed and fear not the judgements of others in this matter.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

If God is love and purity etc then how can we come to him with sin? It would be a pollutant in a sense and therefore could not abide in God thus the concept of salvation/redemption being necessary for reasons which I dont fully understand yet I believe hinges on the fact that God because of free will created a set of rules which even he goes by because he can not be wrong. (kind of like the movie Dogma).

Just throwing this out for consideration. Perhaps Gods plan does ultimately redeem everyone (the idea of multiple resurrections has lead me to this) and this would be closer to what you have stated? However God is still playing by his set of rules which all of creation revolves around and thus the reason for the drama playing out before us in all of our lives which causes us to question the lord. Example being arguments like "Why does God allow the devil to exist?"

Ultimately it is a matter of faith and I have FAITH that God is good. Our very existence is evidence considering by definition God does not need and therefore we are not necessary yet God allows us to continue through his mercy and grace.

Another thought touching on my last point though a bit off topic but I have considered the idea that we were created so that God could experience himself through us. Could anyone elaborate on this? I am merely a seeker and do not hold any answers but would love to hear someone who could bring me closer to understanding.

much of the christian faith and doctrine is based off of just swallowing everything that is thrown at them as fact...without checking it to see if it is true or not...and that act is labelled as "faith"...which is a misrepresentation of the word...

i do not believe that the god of the old testament in many cases was the same as the creator, but rather an imposter who demanded blood sacrifices, and genocide as proof that people were truly dedicated...that is the attitude of an all too mortal being, who throws temper tantrums at the slightest sign of anyone turning their back on their "god"...i believe we have all been fooled...and that the real creator is none of what we have been told "god" is...

the creator creates...there is no personal need for control, the creator has none of the human flaws we have and does not get bogged down in emotions, we cannot put a human face on the creator, that is ridiculous, if we saw the creator we would not know what we saw (if we could stand it, but being that we are not in the same dimension as the physical creator of course we cant see the creator) everything will balance itself out if it is out of whack, because everything will follow the laws that the creator has established from the beginning...the creator allows free will, even bad things, because we have been given the gift of intelligence to stop evil, instead of letting it happen...so if we are really the instruments of the creator we had better do our job and stop worrying about whether a person has taken the "christian" label...

the idea that we are born in sin, is a guilt trip...more than likely started by these god imposters to control people and make the feel like disobedient children...the creator doesn't do that...not even the "angels" (what we think of as angels) do that, they only look at us with the wish we would wake up, grow up, and know all the truth...and act accordingly...

there have been many that have impersonated the creator and the "angels"...but their words give them away...any real "angel" does not use fear to control, but instead says "fear not"...but again that is a label, like so many, that we have taken for granted, and just accept the fairy tale definition of it without question...maybe out of laziness or just exhaustion? i dont know...but it irks me that people will embrace blindness and lies so readily...

what we call demons really are not demons, they are beings like us who are mortal, sure they have abilities, but they are few and weak, they can be killed...

in order to really understand the creator, we have to discard all of what we think we know, discard the nonsense and fairy tale in the bible, and see it for what it is, a hot steaming mess that still has yet to be sorted out...it took over 4000 years to edit, add to, and tweak so the lie was complete, so i can see why people are so resistant to sorting through the mess...

but if we are honest and really in the spirit we can do this without fear and with complete honesty, and still find the will of the creator in it all...

i dont think the creator created us for the purpose of experiencing life through us, rather we are an extension of the very life that comes from the creator...i also dont believe that we were created directly by the creator, but by the god imposters...the actual work was done by someone who was very good at what they did, but the credit and power was taken by a god imposter...and that is where the lie began...

we were created imperfect on purpose by these imposters to keep us from maturing spiritually and reaching our full potential, but in the plan of the creator, it is destined for us to break out of that genetic slavery, and realize our potential...the laws of nature (spiritual and physical) always balance back out...whether we like it or not...

so eventually the truth will be revealed
edit on 20-7-2012 by studythem1 because: finished...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
From the time I was a child I have had a hard time wrapping my mind around this theory, that Jesus is the only way to God. I was raised as a Catholic, went the way of born again religion in my 20s, thought as an atheist in my 30s and opened myself up to metaphysical teachings in my 40s and now in my 50s I believe ALL religion is made of man to control the masses.
I believe Jesus was a role model for humanity. And through his teachings we would find our spiritual path,but I do not believe that Jesus is the only way to spiritual growth. As for what is written in the Bible, well too many human hands have had go at adding to and subtracting from for me to rest everything in life on it. The way to God IMO is through our own actions of love and compassion toward our fellow beings, animals, planet and beyond.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Murgatroid

You've got some SERIOUS issues to deal with if you actually believe that the blood of Jesus is "extra stuff". The BLOOD of Jesus is the ONLY way you will ever make to Heaven.

Do not take my questions/comments as my stance on a subject. My intent is not because I do not know, but to gauge others responses.

So basically you come to ATS to LARP.

Manipulate conversations, pit people against each other, sit back and watch the show.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I always feel like I need to put on some Pink Floyd and light some incense when I read your posts.

I think I'll just go make some coffee and read this one again

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackJack
reply to post by Akragon

Google it.

That is your best response? You want to stand before God, and when he asks what did you do for me. You want to tell him you told others to just google it? I see why we are in the state we are in down here.

J-from-above-the-Hill !

You have sense of humor !!

I must say that, one, I am delightfully impressed; and two, I like this version of you much, much better

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

If man was created perfect, he would have never gave in.

were the angels created perfect?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
reply to post by EnochWasRight

I always feel like I need to put on some Pink Floyd and light some incense when I read your posts.

I think I'll just go make some coffee and read this one again

I have to second this. I enjoy EnochWasRight's post as well as his blog.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Is it possible with having a direct relationship with God, or choosing your own way to God, but being good?

I think that should be the main motivation for people; be as good as you can be for yourself and your beloved and see what happens afterwards - in this case after dying. I wouldn't worry too much about the scriptures, since there are plenty and therefore, there are plenty of religions. Our 'Western' religions - as in Judaism, Christianity and the Islam - are pretty much the same anyway and one could say they respresent the same God through different messengers, although it seems 'God's' mood changes between the old- and new testament, as well as in the Kuran. I have a few Muslim friends who confirmed this by the way, not that this would be any proof :-).

I think that if there is a God, they would not worry too much about the minor things, as confessions, but more about your life in general, maybe judged by some standard rules, such as the Ten Commandments.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I do too, but sometimes I just don't feel like thinking that much,..lolol.

I have enjoyed all your posts on this thread, you are walking in Truth.
And IMO, your comments provoke thoughtful consideration much more inclined toward edifying the Gospel message than the question, or diversion, proposed by the OP.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by MamaJ

No that's what the Bible says. It seems you have chosen to make up your own personal God in your mind to suit you (this is called idolatry). You believe in Jesus but even the demons believe and tremble. So what makes you better of than them? Do you believe Jesus is THE Christ (God in flesh) and rose from the dead on the 3rd day? If you do not then you are talking about another JESUS other than the one in the Bible that I am not familiar with.

This is one of my pet peaves..... Judging another as you think you have the authority to do so. Like you hold yoirself ABOVE me.

My mother and I have always clashed due to judging others. I just dont feel in my heart its right to do so..... At all!

I have given you so much more respect than you have given me. Turn the questions around that you just asked me, and ask yourself.

I have read the Bible many times and have been a devout student all of my life beginning at the age of 6!!

I have had many debates and discussions with people just like you and its sickens me to continue to do so at my current age. Its just not worth my time to have someone be so devoted to Christ, yet judge me for believing the Word says something other than what I was told. I seek.... I believe Jesus words over yours. Again, I tell you this and then you again ask me if Im saved. Saved by your words and what you think is of no importance to me. Sorry.
If you can show me where JESUS SAYS God is all of those human traits .....I will say ......ok.... Thanks for showing me that as I did not recall reading that. Jesus said " GOD IS LOVE"!!!!

In MY OPINION one has to get their mind out of this world and into the world we call Space and or The Heavens to understand the mind of God and Jesus. With this understanding ... THE WORD becomes clear.

For example..... Go back through this thread and read, try and comprehend, what " EnochWasRight" has deciphered..... Its another pov that coincides what I am referring to in the above paragraph.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Thank you for the comments It means a lot. This is the first religious discussion that I have joined since becoming a member. It was encouraging to see your post at the beginning of this thread. I felt the faith had to be defended with the word and not just conjecture. I am trying to not fault the OP I do not entirely understand their position however I felt it necessary because it was these very same types of hyperbole that lead me astray around the age of 15.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join