It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Builders putting pesticide tubes in walls...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
There is a new technology where when a house is being built, tubes are placed in the walls of the house, and a source of pestices outside of the house is continually pumped through the walls.

Here is one company that does it:

Taexx

Why am I putting this in medical issues?

Because I can't think of anything more dangerous than living in a house that continually has pesticides pumped through it.

All on the claim that it is preventive, and will protect the home from pests.

I have had pests, they are easily removed and not at the risk of health. Including the dreaded carpenter ant.

But some well meaning but un-informed homeowner might actually buy into this.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
actually it's a pretty cool system and i see it's marketed in Florida which we all know has a very bad roach and termite problem.

most pesticides today that are used by PCO's are relatively benign to humans and applied on a small scale, very targeted.

the pesticides you should be concerned about would be lawn care and agriculture use.

have a look some time at CDMS.net web site and read some MSDS sheets on common household labeled pesticides and you will find most have very low LD50 levels. check most of the cleaners you have in your home and you will find much higher LD50 levels.
edit on 19-7-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Sure, it may be dangerous and potentially fatal, but it will make money. Does anything else matter in America? I think not, silly.
edit on 7/19/12 by MentalPriapism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentalPriapism
Sure, it may be dangerous and potentially fatal, but it will make money. Does anything else matter in America? I think not, silly.

it's designed, from what i can see, to make it more safe because it's very targeted to inside the walls. not everything is done to make money, but i understand your concern with the problems we have today with govt. and big corps.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

next we'll see insecticide built into front lawns... and cancer running rampant.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

it's designed, from what i can see, to make it more safe because it's very targeted to inside the walls. not everything is done to make money, but i understand your concern with the problems we have today with govt. and big corps.

no, in a capitalistic society, everything is done so that someone can make money.

capitalism = CAPITALizing over someone elses resources ($CAPITAL$)

why aren't all the 3rd world countries in africa being fed, housed, medicated, and taken care of? because they don't have capital to use.

and what little capital there is in africa (oil, precious gems) : africans arent seeing a CENT of it, because they are being capitalized upon. (except of course in the case of Libya, and we all know what happened to Gadaffi...)
edit on 19-7-2012 by waterplants because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
i don't trust this at all and i will never buy a house like that.

i rather live in a tent/ natural shelter than live in a house like that.
edit on 19-7-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by waterplants

next we'll see insecticide built into front lawns... and cancer running rampant.

most pesticides are not carcinogenic today, they do not diffuse into the water table do not bio-magnify and have a limited life span, all of which are a good thing. do some research instead of spewing idiotic rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

no, in a capitalistic society, everything is done so that someone can make money.

capitalism = CAPITALizing over someone elses resources ($CAPITAL$)

why aren't all the 3rd world countries in africa being fed, housed, medicated, and taken care of? because they don't have capital to use.

and what little capital there is in africa (oil, precious gems) : africans arent seeing a CENT of it, because they are being capitalized upon. (except of course in the case of Libya, and we all know what happened to Gadaffi...)
edit on 19-7-2012 by waterplants because: (no reason given)

nice straw man post but really what does any of that have to do with the thread title?

PCO's or pest control operators fall under public health and safety for a reason. although i would agree big corporations are about as crooked as they come, the men and women who use these materials in and around homes are not for the most part.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I think it was better when they used to treat the ground and the framing before they completed the walls. That old DDT style stuff lasted for 30 years, it was safely contained inside the walls and under the home where the kids didn't crawl across it. It was extremely strong and effective, but it didn't contact the occupants.

Now, to be safer, they spray weaker pesticides, much more often, right on the ground and walls where kids and pets play. Or they use foggers that are impossible to completely clean up after, and kids end up getting it on their hands or in their mouths when they find some little thing that didn't get washed good afterwards.

I have a very large home, surrounded by woods, with a pool, and a pond, and we NEVER use pesticides, and we NEVER have bugs. We put roach bait in the electrical sockets and light switch covers, and we have a billion frogs and lizards outside the house, and I put diatamaceous earth around the boarder of the house every so often. I put Amdro on the fire ant hills, but I try to be careful to not disturb the domestic ants.

I'm not a fan of pesticides in any manner, but I think I'd rather have them inside the walls than out on the carpet and threshholds.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
i don't trust this at all and i will never buy a house like that.

i rather live in a tent/ natural shelter than live in a house like that.
edit on 19-7-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

that's all well and good but just so you are aware, insects live in tents also. insects are not a bad thing and i believe they are much needed, but since bedbugs began carrying antibiotic resistant strains of MRSA, we are going to have a problem. along with several diseases carried by insects in and around the home, we have to do something or people will be dropping like flies. no pun intended.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

then make your way to a pet store and chug a few vials of Frontline or Advantix insecticides for dogs & cats, by all means.

ever heard of GMOs? have you been living under a idiotic rock?

they're just plants with pesticides built into their DNA. ever wonder what the fuss is about? i guess you haven't done much research.

research is your friend.

earthopensource.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

DDT was never safely contained anywhere, DDT is a Persistent Organic Pollutant and very highly persistent in the environment. It has a reported half life of between 2-15 years and is immobile in most soils. Its half life is 56 days in lake water and approximately 28 days in river water. Routes of loss and degradation include runoff, volatilization, photolysis and biodegradation (aerobic and anaerobic).

neither was Chlordane for that matter.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

then make your way to a pet store and chug a few vials of Frontline or Advantix insecticides for dogs & cats, by all means.

they're just plants with pesticides built into their DNA. ever wonder what the fuss is about? i guess you haven't done much research.

research is your friend.

earthopensource.org...

your posts indicate you do not have any real knowledge of the topic of this thread and only wish to post straw arguments of issues un related to it, so i will no longer reply to your posts.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

most pesticides are not carcinogenic today, they do not diffuse into the water table do not bio-magnify and have a limited life span, all of which are a good thing. do some research instead of spewing idiotic rhetoric.

what about everything that comes out of monsanto?

peace.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

what about everything that comes out of monsanto?

peace.

like i said before most pesticides labeled for the home are nothing close to what the evil bastards at monsanto are putting directly in the food supply. also like i wrote above household pest control isn't in the same ball park as lawn care nor agriculture, that's where we really need to be vigilant.

wanted to add for people who are intelligent and genuinely concerned that this application of directly targeting insects and limiting non target applications of pesticides is a good thing. i am A PCO of 25 years and although no industry is infallible, is for the most part genuinely concerned with public health and safety.

i just took a call yesterday from a distraught women who has bedbugs and her young son found one walking on his arm. she has little money so i offered to do what i can at a reduced rate and take a payment plan, because that's why i do what i do, so people can feel safe in their homes, not to make a fortune.
edit on 19-7-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

research is your friend.

earthopensource.org...

your posts indicate you do not have any real knowledge of the topic of this thread and only wish to post straw arguments of issues un related to it, so i will no longer reply to your posts.

*robot voice* "Contrary to your claims, pesticides and their relationship to humans is exactly the premise of this thread.Your posts seem to indicate that you have no intelligent rebuttal to the truths of pesticide interaction with the human organism. Thus you are evading further comment as to not show further ignorance." *end robot voice*

/end straw?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

research is your friend.

earthopensource.org...

*robot voice* "Contrary to your claims, pesticides and their relationship to humans is exactly the premise of this thread.Your posts seem to indicate that you have no intelligent rebuttal to the truths of pesticide interaction with the human organism. Thus you are evading further comment as to not show further ignorance." *end robot voice*

/end straw?

you joined the site 14 days ago and know nothing about me nor this subject at hand, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

reply to post by getreadyalready

DDT was never safely contained anywhere, DDT is a Persistent Organic Pollutant and very highly persistent in the environment. It has a reported half life of between 2-15 years and is immobile in most soils. Its half life is 56 days in lake water and approximately 28 days in river water. Routes of loss and degradation include runoff, volatilization, photolysis and biodegradation (aerobic and anaerobic).

neither was Chlordane for that matter.

That was kind of my point though. It did persist, and was effective for decades, but it was below the foundation, and inside the walls, so the kids and pets never came in contact with it. In my opinion that is better than taking a weaker solution and spraying the surfaces over and over again where the kids and pets are constantly in contact with it.

I realize it is more dangerous to the environment, but they could mitigate that by applying it sparingly and only where it wouldn't contact storm water runoff or erosion. As long as it was applied directly below the house, and to the framing timbers, then it wouldn't ever enter the environment.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join