It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the White Gods?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
While I don't want to view the world and it's inhabitants as groups of people besides perhaps as members of cultures as to understand where one believes their roots.

As for myself I have an interest in almost every religion, I like the concept of Dreamtime and it has given me much inspiration, just like other tales and also aboriginal art, the sounds of didges which can send me into a trance quickly if I allow it. Not that I claim to understand it fully or ever will experience like an aboriginal does but we are all human and going back far enough we all have the same ancestors.

I believe there are many truths but also untruths or rather incomplete truths and then there are people who believe in either of them very strongly or of weaker faith. Then there might even be people who have something completely different, unknown to me.

As for myself I have a belief which includes a God but I would rather define that as a force which is everywhere as it is infinite, in living beings it is simply more concentrated. There is no beginning and no end to infinity and as such it cannot be a person who has created humanity or anything else. It has simply always existed in transforms in cycles.

The hard part which I am still struggling to get is that each living being is completely alone in it's existence but can communicate through this centre of infinity or rather there is something which allows everyone to have the illusion of being together in the same existence. In short, it's all in my head but what is in my head is not the same as in another, I have an image of myself inside and of others, another may have an image of me and his or her self but those are different things, like 2 objects each in their own existence.

If the OP believes some people have lost their ways who happen to be of a certain skin color or culture or have the same roots, then it is not the Gods who have ceased to exist but rather it is the path to their location which people have either forgotten or don't want to choose to go there anymore. Instead, they listen to devices like Tomtom to find their way home or any other place for that matter.

This might be interpreted as something good or bad, like all things. It might be people have 'dumbed down' so much they need devices to tell them the way, or what weather it will be tomorrow. Opposed to the 'classic' view of Indigenous people who seem to be able to predict weather. It might also be those people have been exposed to so much information they are still processing it all or rather parts of them or their brain which in the past might have been dedicated to God(s). In my own case I can say I have spent much time (maybe too much) just browsing the Google Earth, surfing the internet for years reading all kinds of subjects. Opposed to what I would guess is what Indigenous people do, more emphasis on their local area and maybe more socializing, like having long meaningful conversations with members of their tribes instead of many short text messages to a few members of a 'white' tribe which I assume we all find meaningful but something many don't really 'check' by having long talks about that meaning because time equals money.

It might be the Gods of those mentioned cultures have lost their power, or people have lost their faith, or people have become more powerful than the old Gods either because of the devices or simply because many have learned the perceived power of any God is only in the eye of the beholder. Don't attribute power to a God and they have none, even though others might say they have.

It might also be there is an alien invasion going on and the aliens happen to have chosen those who choose technology but not gods for whatever reason they see fit. Or the aliens have just been unable to reach certain people who happen to have chosen the old Gods.

It might be all of these things. There are new religions like Jedi who believe in the Force just like the movie. There are others who see the Matrix movies as a kind of religion.

I could go on, it is such a big subject with so many different angles, freedom of thought and religion and the oppertunity to discuss it is a very valuable thing. Even though I must say I find some things said in the thread rather crude which could be mistaken easily for something offensive.

As for Christians eating a burger in a heated car whilst listening to a service, they might also be hard working individuals who spent much time working to create progress and keep society going so in a way the are sacrificing many things for others. Sure they get paid but money can never fill the soul like in this case words of the Bible can or rather listening to someone reading it for others. They are all trade offs knowing at some point society will reach a level where people or our future generations can relax more thanks to technology and all the hard work. Or at least that's what many people are hoping for.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by Pedro4077

I believe the Mayan Gods were White Gods.
reply to post by randyvs

Good Point! I believe the Mayans call them "Our White Sky Brothers" or something like that. But it is not one of the main religions of today.

Speaking of colour wasn't Kristina Blue?

Hindu gods, don't have colour, people back in the days of Hinduism never discriminated. Krishna one of the avatar of Vishnu(preserver) is blue, as well as Shiva(destroyer) is blue as well. Don't forget the elephant god Ganesh, and Brahma(creator) has 4 heads.

edit:

Then again, Hinduism was not a religion its a life philosophy, with personified nature, which evolved into gods when abrahmic religions started emerging.
edit on 7/19/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Hinduism has different sub religions which ascribe different colors and different meanings to even more different gods and goddesses.

Like blue represents infinity. Or it is like the sky and water, the sky is everywhere just like infinity. Kali, the Divine Mother, or her many other forms as she is known appears dark or black but only when viewed from a distance. When she is known to the observer her color turns out to be different just like the sky appears blue from a distance but when seen upclose it has no color. Just like water appears blue or other colors, when taking some water it is actually without color. There are many more different meanings and forms of the gods and goddesses in the Hindu pantheon but I liked this explanation most.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Blue means related to Anu.

I hate to you all but the word is Jesus had blonde hair and pale blue eyes.

Some suggest Mother Mary had similar coloring.

www.thenazareneway.com...

His forehead plain and very delicate; His face without spot or wrinkle, beautified with a lovely red; His nose and mouth so formed as nothing can be reprehended; His beard thickish, in colour like His hair, not very long, but forked; His look innocent and mature; His eyes grey, clear, and quick- In reproving hypocrisy

----------

His golden colored hair and beard gave to his appearance a celestial aspect. He appeared to be about 30 years of age.

---------

He is tall, and his shoulders are a little drooped; his visage is thin and of a swarthy complexion, though this is from exposure. His eyes are large and a soft blue, and rather dull and heavy....

Leave it to the Christians to screw up the image for Jesus in every respect, even hair and eye color.

One can find a similar look for David.

And one can find the first rulers for Egypt and Mayan were similar.

edit on 19-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Jesus real hair and eye color.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Do not be mistaken my friend, they have gone nowhere! Those who believed in the Gods were slaughtered and persecuted by the invading Christian armies from the Mediterranean, virtually annihilating our true ancestral beliefs. But only a fool would think they are gone entirely. In Ireland the pre-Christian spirit wells were converted into sites dedicated to the Virgin Mary. Germanic/Norse celebration of the Spring which symbolized the birthing of life (Easter eggs) was converted into the celebration of Christ's resurrection. Yule which was a celebration of the death and rebirth of the sun which occurred on the Winter Solstice; this was converted into the birth of Christ. Halloween is another Northern European ancient celebration of the last harvest and the beginning of Winter, which symbolized death; this was associated with All Saints Day.

My general belief is that Christ was real, as is the God of the Bible YHWH. There are many parallels between Christian spiritual/theological beliefs and that of the other "myths" in the region, especially Mithraism. Many people claim since there are striking parallels between the Mesopotamian spiritual beliefs then all were just a rip-off of this original faith. I entirely disagree. Each interpretation of the natural world, supernatural world, the Gods, our relation to that which is around us, and our creation myths, developed organically out of each "tribe" if you will. It arises naturally within us. The many miracles spoken of such as virgin births, use of water for purification, belief in an original paradise, and so on are just the attempts by different cultures to grasp at the light of the divine, their history, and their place in the world.

It is for this reason that I object to universalized faiths such as Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Do not get me wrong, I was a proud Christian for a while and even while I was conflicted with my ancestral beliefs, but in the end reality strikes without mercy. The God of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, was originally one of a pantheon of Gods. The Semitic tribes who worshiped this pantheon had singled out a single God for sole worship; why they did this we do not yet know. In order to suppress reverting back to Polytheism YHWH demanded worship and obedience solely to him, and threatened condemnation for those who worshiped "false idols". The belief that Roman Gods were similar yet different from Greek Gods and that these Gods called forth the idea of tolerance towards worship of a different pantheon was smashed by the rise of monotheism. With monotheism there is one true God, all others are false Gods. This led to what had never been observed before - religious warfare.

Not only did our ancient ways survive through our celebrations but also through myths/fairytales. How many of you have not heard of Elves, Dwarfs, Giants, Leprechauns, Mares (Nightmare), Nymphs, Dragons, Gnomes, or even stories such as Beowulf or the Eddas? What about the Gods such as Thor, Odin/Wodan, Zeus, Aphrodite, Poseidon, Jupiter, and so on? And did you know that Pagans (Rustic folk) actually persisted in their beliefs well into the Middle Ages, especially in the Baltic region. Some have argued the Witch persecutions of the late Middle Ages were the continuance of devoted Witches who practiced their ancestral ways, largely hidden "underground" for nearly a thousand years.

None of this is racist either, for those who would like to play that card. I would encourage ALL people to seek out their ancestral religions. When we accept that these spiritual beliefs are ingrained in our DNA then the world will make more sense. Movies such as Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Cinderella, Snow White, and so on. They appeal to a subconscious level of our being as Indo-Europeans. This does not mean we all like these things, because not all people are the same. But it does tap into something that is deep within us, embedded in who we are. Castles, towering mountains, knights, codes of virtue/chivalry, rescuing damsels in distress, exploring enchanted forests, and grassy meadows tap into our hearts.

Proudly I declare myself Asatru, which is Germanic Re-constructionist Neopaganism. I believe that all things have spirit throughout nature, certain forms of nature deserve reverence, there exist many Gods, that the myths are elaborations on the existence from a specifically Germanic worldview (but are not to be taken as literal), these Gods deserve (but do not demand) reverence (not fearful obedience), and the most crucial element of life is virtue, family, and tribe.

Where are the White Gods? They are still here; they never left us. We left them. Now it is time to come home.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SibylofErythrae
People in Europe of the past seem to have been adaptable to understanding that gods/goddesses are reflections of other's by different names.

I call the thunder god X and you call it Y.

Celtic pantheons, Gaulic pantheons (highly influenced by Romans), Norse/sub-Norse pantheons all have overlap with ancient Hindu pantheon.

So for example, you can find many versions of Apollo all over Europe. Each Apollo had two names to associate the local variation with the Greek/Roman version.

European pantheons were subsumed or replaced.
The Op is asking where are the actual traditions ofworship of the white tribes gone ? And you have answered that they were replaced by these ethic culture religions he names as such .
So it seems some sort of Godocide has taked place against the Gods of the Caucasian tribes . Thats rather terrible really . I think we are an oppressed culture it seems by these ethnic tribes . I think we need refugee status to protect and restore our White God .
Baladev or many of the other names mentioned .

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

The Op is asking where are the actual traditions of worship of the white tribes gone ? And you have answered that they were replaced by these ethic culture religions he names as such . So it seems some sort of Godocide has taked place against the Gods of the Caucasian tribes .

Thank You - Somebody gets it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join