link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
These are all assumptions.

Pot, meet kettle. backatchya.
edit on 7/19/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Well if you get to come on the board and talk about how Martin was thug who jumped Zimmerman without seeing the evidence then I guess it's fair for the other side to speak their peace too.

Zimmermans head being all beaten and bruised and bleeding ... that's not evidence eh?
Right. Okay Good to know. ....

BACK ON TOPIC - Zimmerman Says He doesn't Regreat Actions in Shooting. Again .. I say .... OF COURSE he's not going to regret it. If he hadn't shot Martin, then he'd be dead or brain injured.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Next thig you know it he is going to say his god wishes him to be s matyr.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CesarO
Could you guys at least acknowledge the fact that what he says could be genuine i have heard things like that from people so many times. Even if he dident believe it his lawyer probably pushed him to say that. You guys can be so biased sometimes.

A 17 year old kid is unnecessarily dead.

A completely innocent at that specific time 17 year old kid is unnecessarily dead - - due to unnecessary behavior and actions of an over zealous Neighborhood Watch Captain.

Zimmerman is the Poster Boy for why Neighborhood Watch has rules and guidelines - - which includes "do not pursue" and "no gun".

Bias?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Zimmermans head being all beaten and bruised and bleeding ... that's not evidence eh?
Right. Okay Good to know. ....

Simple fact is you weren't there and that's what you keep telling all the other posters. Shouldn't you walk your talk? Oh yeah, that's only for those who don't believe what you do.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You talk about Zimmerman's superficial scratches... The other guy had a fatal bullet wound...

If he hadn't shot Martin, then he'd be dead or brain injured.

If he hadn't gotten out of his car, he'd be safe and secure and living at home instead of being out on bail and Trayon Martin would be alive and we wouldn't know his name... And Zimmerman wouldn't be headed to prison.

It's God's plan, I guess.

My point is, we can speculate about if this or that happened, but it DID happen. Zimmerman got out of his car, pursued and confronted Martin, there was a scuffle and Martin is dead. Zimmerman started this confrontation.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
This kid was not innocent.

Just because he was black does not make this race motivated.

I am so sick and tired of people playing the race card.

Who says he panicked at seeing a black kid in a hoodie?

Your mentality is guilty until proven innocent, which is not how our legal system operates (or not supposed to).

The only people playing the race card is those of you who claim this was race motivated. Get over yourselves and look at facts.

The kid attacked Zimmerman, and started bashing his head into the ground.

Was he suposed to lay there and say, "You know what - cave my skull in. I'm fine with that."

No - he shot the kid.

The kid was a thug - this has been shown and proven by his personal life. He had a well known reputation to be violent and dangerous.
[color=FF9F40]OBJECTION!!
[color=FFC096]"Your honor, the defense's argument is 100% irrelevant. The defense is way out of line with this ill-fated attempt at painting the now deceased victim as being the original perpetrator, whom instigated the events that took place on that particular night, leading up to his own death by gunshot."

[color=FFEBB5]I don't care who you are, or where you are, any act which is carried out entirely in self-defense, cannot possibly begin with me hunting you down with my own personally loaded gun, and chasing you onto someone else's property where I do not belong.

[color=FFEBB5]Also, why is it, that every single time I see race being mentioned, in regards to this specific topic, it is always someone whom is claiming that race should not be brought into the discussion? Seems a bit counterproductive.

edit on 7/19/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Originally posted by jheated5

Martin was a thug, end of story! The evidence is in a 2 second google search but some mental midgets refuse to actually look for it....
Irrelevance. Regardless of whether or not that is true, Zimmerman is neither Judge, Jury, nor Executioner, yet he took it upon himself, to take on the role of all 3.

reply to post by CesarO

Originally posted by CesarO

Could you guys at least acknowledge the fact that what he says could be genuine i have heard things like that from people so many times. Even if he dident believe it his lawyer probably pushed him to say that. You guys can be so biased sometimes.

There is really only one appropriate response to this↑ ridiculous nonsense:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

1 - Zimmerman wasn't 'going after' Martin. That's silly.
IF Zimmerman wasn't going after Trayvon, then why was he there?
and what was he doing?
and why was he carrying a loaded weapon?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Pot, meet kettle. backatchya.

I actually hate that phrase. I apologize that I used it for the first time on you, but it was just so appropriate, I didn't resist the urge.

What assumptions have I made? Zimmerman himself stated that he got out of his car and pursued Martin. You've got to see that you're making a lot of assumptions about Zimmerman's innocence AND Trayvon's guilt, based on Zimmerman's side of the story (one of his stories, anyway).

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by Unity_99
He shouldn't have been arrested for he met the burden of the stand your ground law, and there was head wounds.

That is where you fail.
He was not standing his ground since he PURSUED the person he shot.
Head wounds indicate nothing as far as that law goes. They do not have a date/time stamp on them. They do not prove who did what FIRST.
A kid was dead and he followed and then killed him.
You think he should have been let go on his word alone and you are going to pretend to lecture me about justice?
What about Trayvon's justice?

Stand you ground is about the assault. The moment when the attack occurred. Its not about whether in good and well thought out plannig a person (who was working as neighborhood watch and so a number of people could have made that decisions differently) a person decides to investigate or follow the guy.

The one is following. Someone on watch duty in an area with potential breakins may have decided, rashly or not, to tag someone and get as much info on them as possible. That is A.

The only thing that counts in this case is what happened in the physical fight. This is B.

Its only on B, the stand your ground, self defense or any form of result occurred.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I could put this in a different scenario. A neighborhood where breakins are rampant and even sexual assaults. And some with it single moms, reporting illegal activity or suspicious activity to the police and trying to keep people, and their own childre safe. The police don't do much. After dealing with it for a while and them, a group of women gets a neighborhood watch going, and they phone in, whereas the police don't do much. So they decide to ACT, and do what the police don't seem to do, but the one turns around and assualts them, however he dies.

Now, one could say, don't look for trouble or mind your own buisness. But following and determining what is going on, is A.

The decision to assault or attack another human being because you don't want to be followed is B.

Apples and Oranges as far as murder goes.

Now we still don't know who provoked the assault, and its the "following" I'm dealing with, but the actual physical assualt part. That is the part that is most important.

Its opinion with no proof. You cannot convict on opinion without proof. PERIOD.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

This is why people in these high profile cases should not do interviews. Is Zimmerman changing his story about pursuing Martin when he got out of his car.

But Zimmerman calling it "Gods plan" just blew me away.... That is the main reason why I posted this article. I found it interesting that Zimmerman is going down a religious path to make himself look better at trial.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-7-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)

My X husband pulled the same crap in divorce court. He even went as far as bringing a stupid bible to court. Needless to say, the Judge wouldn't listen to a word I had to say. The stupid religious path always works. Amazing how they can convert so fast. Isn't it?

I do believe it was self-defense though in Zimmerman's case.

I thought you weren't suppose to do interviews until the trial was over anyway?
edit on 19-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Yeah he planed it out, he said "I'm going to make a criminal attack me and try to murder me so I can shoot him."

Really? A "fictional magician" is more believable.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

pursued and confronted Martin
No Martin confronted Zimmerman after Zimmerman stopped following Martin, and was on his way back to his car, after getting the address the dispatcher asked him to get.

The truth is Martin attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman kill (not murdered) his attacker. The evidence is all there, the only mark Martin has is a bullet hole, while Zimmerman has multiple lacerations to his head.

There is more evidence we can't see yet, but based only on the facts and evidence we have now Zimmerman is innocent.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

I just watched a video where Zimmerman himself claimed that Trayvon approached his car, and circled around his car with his hand in his pants!
Then all of a sudden, Trayvon is behind the buildings again, so Zimmerman got out of his car!

Watch it Here

What a LIAR! How anyone can believe ANYTHING this man says is FAR beyond me!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
This kid was not innocent.

The kid was a thug - this has been shown and proven by his personal life. He had a well known reputation to be violent and dangerous.
edit on 19-7-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

well, well, well, my favorite source of amusement (zimmerwoman) is back again digging his hole, deeper and deeper.

what was the kid guilty of pray tell? until all the facts are laid out we do not know for sure what he did for him to deserve that gun shot.

as far as him being a "thug" the exact same thing can be said about zimmerwoman, pushed around an off duty officer for trying to bust a bartender who was serving underage girls at a bar, he threw around and beat on women, had ties to biker gangs, and now is accused of molesting a relative who also accuses him and his family of being racists. not to mention former co-workers that accuse him of being a racist and having a hair trigger temper. so before u go vilify trayvon you should realize that zimmerwoman was no saint either. the trayvon murder may not be immediately caused by race but lets not ignore the fact that george zimmerman may in fact have been a racist, as witnesses have come out and accused him of that very fact. one could argue that these points are not admissible in court, well then your argument that tray was a thug should have no bearing either. if you want to call a spade a spade dont forget about zimmermans history.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Stand you ground is about the assault. The moment when the attack occurred. Its not about whether in good and well thought out plannig a person (who was working as neighborhood watch and so a number of people could have made that decisions differently) a person decides to investigate or follow the guy.

NOPE. NOT TRUE.
Read the law and get back to me.

The one is following. Someone on watch duty in an area with potential breakins may have decided, rashly or not, to tag someone and get as much info on them as possible. That is A.

A guy sitting in his car watching is not the same as being on watch duty.

The only thing that counts in this case is what happened in the physical fight. This is B.

Its only on B, the stand your ground, self defense or any form of result occurred.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately you have no idea what happened at point B.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming
Oh, Zimmerman was attacked was he?OH OK.
All you have to do is prove that to me.
Have even ANY EVIDENCE of that at all?

The fact he was beaten up on the scene .. the pictures ... the eye witness ...

NONE OF THAT INDICATES WHO MADE FIRST CONTACT AND YOU KNOW THAT DONT YOU?

I asked for evidence of who started it.
I am still waiting for that.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The court of public opinion rolls along. Man, this like beating a dead or horse. I don't care about what George Zimmer says about it, what sound-bytes Rev. Al and Jesse have up their sleeves about this, a panel of armchair lawyers two-bit analysis, or any of that tabloid CourtTV nonsense. Lets wait for the trial to commence, when all the evidence is brought to bare, and a verdict is rendered. Zimmerman's attorney should not have advised his client to make any public announcements, interviews, or anything of that nature until after the trial. All the stuff he says to the media can be used at his trial. What a fool!

I am done beating this dead horse, and whatever happened that night is known by none other than George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin. Martin's voice will be heard at the trial through the evidence and the words of the prosecution. Until a verdict is rendered, Zimmerman is innocent. As unpopular as that sounds, our legal system is not administered through the court of public opinion.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join