It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimmerman Says He Doesn't Regret Actions in Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Zimmerman Says He Doesn't Regret Actions in Shooting

www.nytimes.com

“It was all God’s plan, and for me to second guess it or judge it,” Mr. Zimmerman said, his voice trailing off. Mr. Zimmerman also defended himself against accusations that he was suspicious of Mr. Martin because he was black.

“I am not a racist, and I am not a murderer,” he said during his hourlong interview in Sanford, Fla., with Sean Hannity on Fox News. Mr. Zimmerman’s lawyer, Mark O’Mara, sat by his side.
Looking calm and speaking in a measured tone, Mr. Zimmerman, 28, described the final moments before he pulled out his gun and shot Mr. Martin. Mr. Zimmerman sa
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
usnews.msnbc.msn.com
www.latimes.com

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This is why people in these high profile cases should not do interviews. Is Zimmerman changing his story about pursuing Martin when he got out of his car.

But Zimmerman calling it "Gods plan" just blew me away.... That is the main reason why I posted this article. I found it interesting that Zimmerman is going down a religious path to make himself look better at trial.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-7-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

It was indeed planned out, but not by some fictional magician. It was Zimmerman's plan.

He most likely had it all planned out, for quite some time. Probably not the victim, but I'm sure he played out a similar scenario over and over in his mind, long before the opportunity arose for him to carry it out.

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

I found it interesting that Zimmerman is going down a religious path to make himself look better at trial.
.... or maybe he's aiming for an 'Insanity Defense'.

edit on 7/19/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If it really did come down to me being killed or me killing the other person then of course I wouldn't regret my actions. Problem is nobody knows but him.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This is disgusting. Zimmerman is now doing something which has happened throughout the ages. He is hiding behind religion. Then he claims he isn't a racist or a murderer. Yet he panicked when seeing a black boy in a hoodie and also killed him. I think he fits both profiles.
I hope the punishment he gets is harsh.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So, it was 'God's plan' to have him kill an innocent teenager? And he doesn't regret it? Jeez! This guy is digging himself into a hole.

Unfortunately, I can't read the article without logging in, but just from what you've posted, I can see this guy is grasping at straws. Here's a similar article in the paper, Florida Today.

VERY DAMNING STATEMENT:

Zimmerman said after he got out of his car, Martin was next to him.

Zimmerman has already said that he got out of his car and went between two buildings to the back of the houses and came upon Martin... and that's where they fought. Now he's saying Martin was right beside his car???

According to the crime scene map, it's clear Trayvon ran behind the buildings and Zimmerman took a different route to "head him off"... This guy's in deep doo-doo. Can't wait for the trial.

Crime Scene Map (Zoom in)

I suggest Zimmerman get this book: God Made Me Do It:True Stories of the Worst Advice the Lord Has Ever Given His Followers

God Made me Molest Children

Faith Killing: God Made me Murder

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
lol "god's plan" pathetic excuse for a human being
. I guess in retarded people's head it would make sense.

waiting for those who will flock for to agree with the "god's plan"

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Could you guys at least acknowledge the fact that what he says could be genuine i have heard things like that from people so many times. Even if he dident believe it his lawyer probably pushed him to say that. You guys can be so biased sometimes.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This kid was not innocent.

Just because he was black does not make this race motivated.

I am so sick and tired of people playing the race card.

Who says he panicked at seeing a black kid in a hoodie?

Your mentality is guilty until proven innocent, which is not how our legal system operates (or not supposed to).

The only people playing the race card is those of you who claim this was race motivated. Get over yourselves and look at facts.

The kid attacked Zimmerman, and started bashing his head into the ground.

Was he suposed to lay there and say, "You know what - cave my skull in. I'm fine with that."

No - he shot the kid.

The kid was a thug - this has been shown and proven by his personal life. He had a well known reputation to be violent and dangerous.
edit on 19-7-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

Your mentality is guilty until proven innocent, which is not how our legal system operates (or not supposed to).

The only people playing the race card is those of you who claim this was race motivated. Get over yourselves and look at facts.

Was he suposed to lay there and say, "You know what - cave my skull in. I'm fine with that."

No - he shot the kid.

The kid was a thug - this has been shown and proven by his personal life. He had a well known reputation to be violent and dangerous.

The kid went out to by skittles.
So while buying skittles, he decided, "Oh look at that guy over there. Lets start beating him up for no reason! That would be fun!" huh? Is it like that?
And Zimmerman has kept changing stories. He is not very reliable either.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

No - he shot the kid.

If i found out you were stalking me (even after police told you not to) with a gun, i will not only slam your head against concrete, ill make sure you wont have an arm to use your gun.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

Originally posted by CesarO
Could you guys at least acknowledge the fact that what he says could be genuine...

OK, It could be genuine. He could really believe that it was God's idea to have him murder an innocent teenager. If he is being genuine, he belongs in a mental ward. Do YOU think it's reasonable to assume that God planned to have his innocent, young, beautiful creation murdered in cold blood?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Somebody must have given him a rope.

Cause he hung himself on that interview.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas

No - he shot the kid.

So while buying skittles, he decided, "Oh look at that guy over there. Lets start beating him up for no reason! That would be fun!" huh? Is it like that?

is that how the story played out in your head?

Zimmerman followed him with a gun, thats why he attacked, i guess in your country you will let people follow you with a gun.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by RimDaas

No - he shot the kid.

is that how the story played out in your head?

Zimmerman followed him with a gun, thats why he attacked, i guess in your country you will let people follow you with a gun.

What kind of idiot tries to confront a guy and beat him up if he knows he has a gun???
His gun was concealed on his waist... Run along people and put your trayvon t-shirts on...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
His lawyer allowed this? One dummy defending another dummy. He's going to jail I would bet on it!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I do believe Rim Daas was being facetious.
He's asking if that's how it played out in the other member's head.
I think.

I do wish we'd get a trial date... And I so hope it's on TV!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Originally posted by jheated5
What kind of idiot tries to confront a guy and beat him up if he knows he has a gun???

I know. Not a very believable story, is it? And considering the only witness to this account has changed his story at least 3 times now, it's highly unlikely that ANY of the versions we've heard from him are true. Because only an idiot would confront a guy and try to beat him up if he knew he had a gun...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
"God's Plan" ....
.... that was really off the mark.

People saying Martin was just an 'innocent kid'?? Not exactly.
He was pounding the snot out of Zimmerman.
Martin could have walked away but he chose to engage in a violent altercation.

People saying Zimmerman followed Martin and that's why Martin attacked him?
Zimmerman wasn't following Martin when Martin attacked. Zimmerman was already
headed back to the car. Martin was an idiot or a thug for attacking Zimmerman
when Zimmerman was leaving the scene.

People saying Zimmerman is a 'murderer'?? Not exactly.
He says he shot in self defense. That doesn't make him a murderer.
(not unless a jury says he murdered)

Zimmerman saying he doesn't regret shooting Martin? OF COURSE he doesn't regret shooting Martin. Martin was beating the crap out of him. Zimmerman shot in self defense. If he hadn't, he'd be brain damanged or dead. OF COURSE he's glad to be alive and with a functioning brain. I wouldn't regret shooting in self defense either.

Is Zimmerman guilty of anything? Maybe involuntary manslaughter because none of this would have happened if he hadn't followed Martin - no matter how briefly he did so - but I'll let a jury decide that. A jury with the facts and not a bunch of hyped up emotion based on biased and crappy media coverage ...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

"I am not a racist, and I am not a murderer" said the man who killed a black kid for no reason.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join