It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on current events in Syria - (JCIntelreport)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Recent update on current events in Syria:

Opposition sources: Syria's Assad in Latakia

Assad is directing the response to the assassination of three of his top lieutenants from the coastal city of Latakia, opposition sources and a Western diplomat said on Thursday. Assad, who has not made a public appearance since Wednesday's bombing, was commanding the government operation, they said. It was not clear whether Assad travelled to the Mediterranean sea resort before or after the attack. "Our information is that he is at his palace in Latakia and that he may have been there for days," said a senior opposition figure, who declined to be named. The palace, which Assad has used before to conduct official business, is located in hills near the city, Syria's main port. The diplomat, who is following events in Syria, said: "Everyone is looking now at how well Assad can maintain the command structure. The killings yesterday were a huge blow, but not fatal." Latakia province is home to several towns inhabited by members of Assad's minority Alawite sect.

link here

Although Assad´s castle just outside Latakia has been used on many occasions by him, it is strategically vulnerable to airstrikes from Israel and of course FSA incursions. One cannot eliminate the possible rumours that even defected Syrian Airforce units, might use Assads own airforce against him in the coming weeks. The analysis of his most probable position/hide on the An-Nusayriyah (alawite) mountains i still the most viable Intel. More on this later.

Events are now evolving even faster than during Gaddafis last days in Libya. Fall of Damascus is now revised to 30 days +/-7 days depending on SAF counter strikes and the decisions from the remaining cabinet around Assad.

Further Stratfor Video analysis here

edit on 19-7-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
So you've posted a brand new thread posting exactly what you've posted here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are you paid by word count?

edit on 19-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I think that when Assad family leaves the country that is when we will know the end is near. Personally, I am not taking a side. It's a matter between Syrians. Let them decide what they want.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yes. I believe they will decide what they want, when events like these are currently happening in Damascus.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

As a BBC reporter called it the Rebel propaganda on YouTube and them using the videos is almost to Brilliant.

As the above user stated you already made an thread on this, which you could have posted it in, but didn't.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

From your own link.
said a senior opposition figure, who declined to be named
Let me guess its probably the guy who runs the Syrian human rights observatory or someone from SNC.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

From your own link.
said a senior opposition figure, who declined to be named
Let me guess its probably the guy who runs the Syrian human rights observatory or someone from SNC.

Ah yes, the Syrian Human Rights Observatory.

One guy from Coventry on Facebook.
edit on 19-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

This is from a khutba given by the Granddaughter (sa) of the Prophet of Islam (saw) as She stood in chains before Yazid (la) in his court. I speak a few of those words now to you.

"Do you believe that you have succeeded in closing the sky and the earth for us and that we have become your captives just because we have been brought before you in a row and that you have secured control over us? Do you believe that we have been inflicted with insult and dishonor by Allah, and that you have been given honor and respect by Him?

You have become boastful of this apparent victory that you have secured and you have started feeling jubilant and proud over this prestige and honor. You think that you have achieved worldly good, that you affairs have become stablished and our rule has fallen into your hand.

Wait for a while, do not be so joyful. Have you forgotten Allah's saying:

"The unbelievers should not carry the impression that the time allowed to them by Us is good for them. Surely, we give them time so that they may increase their evil deeds and eventually they will be given insulting chastisement." [3:178]"

Do not think it will be forever JC, the truth cannot be buried long, and someday, you will come to your own end. The oppressed will be avenged, and the enemies will be punished. The end of all tyrants is agony.
edit on 19-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

It is nice that you choose to believe in such things as your god and the coran. It will help you deal with the more difficult situations in your life, which I see are gonna be many.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Are you a Syrian fighting against Asad or you are mercenary ?
If you are Syrian , then are you Muslim or you are not ?
And if you are Muslim , how do you get help from None-Muslims ?

BTW , you are getting weapons and money from foreign countries and you are going to pay them back ASAP.

So , what is your agenda for revolution ?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by OpinionatedB

It is nice that you choose to believe in such things as your god and the coran. It will help you deal with the more difficult situations in your life, which I see are gonna be many.

I think my questions were waste of time. To me , it seems like you are the soldiers of Sufyani who is condemned to fail.

Anyway it doesn't mean that you should stop your secular movement.

I just have one suggestion for your own and our good , when you are fighting on the streets , carry a flag which it is written on

I am none-believer

I have one question , is this revolution supported my any specific tribe in the Syria ?

It makes me wonder how you are cuddling NWO while many American people are opposing it.

It will bring more oppression and less destruction than what Asad or any other leader could do for you.

No wonder I was reading books that Christians will join Mahdi sooner than Muslims will do.
edit on 19-7-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join