It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

story about weather manipulation on the BBC website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Did a little search and found nothing so i hope this isn't already on the forums. I found this article sureal and thought i'd start a thread on ats to get some opinions from you guys... A lot of this stuff even a few years ago would have been seen as a conspiracy theory, now it's being talked about in jocular tones on the BBC.

" Back in the days when the Tory leader used to tell his party to "let the sunshine in", his closest policy adviser, Steve Hilton, reportedly floated the idea of buying in "cloud-bursting technology" to extend the British summer.
The policy guru, who recently departed for the US, believed a sunnier climate would make us all happier and more productive."

I am a UK citizen and i have to say for the first time in my life i am truly worried about the demise of municipal government and the rise of a corporate sponsored pseudo government, in fact i think the early part is already here. the fact that the government would consider changing the weather in order to win certain big contracts for UK based companies shows the level to which this conspiracy is present. I posted this so as to hear peoples opinions so please, let me know.... thanks in advance.

nb. apologies to the mods if i've done anything wrong (this is my first thread), please do your thing if need be :-)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Nothing new here.

As the article pointed out already: The Chinese used Surface-to-Air missiles packed with silver iodine, and if I remember correctly, even 155mm artillery shells to shoot the stuff into clouds. The silver iodine functions as condensation nucleus, causing moisture in clouds to rain off.

The Chinese created a nice blue sky back in 2008 with this method, and it's been used as far back as 1905.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
If i remember right the English army back in WW2(or just after ) played with the idea of flooding german troops, so they got to finding out how. Now when they went to test this idea near a small village in the English countryside. Instead of causing minor rain like planned, they flooded the whole area causing 90 million tons of water to spill on to the village. The army thought it was to uncontrollable and ordered it to be shelved.
Then a decade or so later in the 50s they unwisely handed over the tech to the Americans and the rest is history...

i think the earliest known weather mod device were hail cannons but they had no effect what so ever according to modern tests.

Personally i think if it handled wisely(yeah fat chance i know) then it could be a great thing to control the weather.
Imagine bring rains to drought ridden lands? Stopping hurricanes in there tracks. does sound amazing.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by theGreatunhosed

Ha, this is nothing dude! Check out THIS!

And at the bottom of that site you will find this little snippet...

In response to questions from MPs and the public, asking whether the MOD would still conduct trials of this nature, the Defence Evaluation Research Agency (DERA), the organisation then responsible for military chemical and biological research at Porton Down, stated in 1999 - “in the event of a military question arising which could only be answered by conducting open air trials in areas which may involve the general public Ministers have made it clear that they cannot rule out conducting larger scale trials in the future to try to ensure the protection of the UK from attacks by people of states using chemical and biological weapons.”. When questioned about possible Porton Down biological warfare research, conducted since the events of September 11 2001, Dstl Porton Down will only state that they do not comment on research matters.

We are dealing with a criminal organization that is using YOUR money to do tests on you! But people still pay! Crazy world we live in!

If you say that you believe in chemtrails and such you are a LOON though! Because obviously it can not happen!

Here is another source for you regarding the biological warfare trials... HERE

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

thankyou those are really interesting links... i'd never heard of that amid all the clamour about chemtrails (of which i've always been a sceptic) maybe that's the point! clearly there is a lot more REAL stuff going on than i'd thought... it seems strange that this has reached the 'reputable' media though, my question is why?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

i agree to a point, the article mentions that it has been used in drought stricken regions... i think it's awful that the public aren't consulted on this...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

i agree it's clearly nothing new, what is new though is that it's use in Britain is being talked about in the mainstream media like this. As far as i'm aware that is new.... the links posted about the dorset trials are amazing, i had no idea about that and have also visited the area in the past and seen the base... this is all a bit too close to home for my liking... thanks for the reply.

CX

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I can't understand why they cannot use this kind of thing to help drought stricken places around the world?

A bit of rain to us is nothing more than putting a jacket on.....to others it's life or death.

Look at the US at the moment with the amount of crops they are losing due to the heat.

CX.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by theGreatunhosed
reply to post by mee30

thankyou those are really interesting links... i'd never heard of that amid all the clamour about chemtrails (of which i've always been a sceptic) maybe that's the point! clearly there is a lot more REAL stuff going on than i'd thought... it seems strange that this has reached the 'reputable' media though, my question is why?

No problem, and yeah not many people do know about it...

Well actually the guardian seems to be pretty good from time to time. They doggedly uncovered the phone hacking scandal if I remember correctly, even though the then chief of police were leaning on them! They actually went to meet with the reporter and told him to stop writing about it and there was nothing to see... I can find links to that if you are interested? But of course the chief was allowed to retire with no criminal convictions!

The thing with chemtrails is that it is POSSIBLE, if you look at everything else they do, why not? It doesn't mean every trail is a chemtrail though... I'm fairly certain they are conducting some whether modification tests already and it's probably been going on for some time now.

Some other possible reasons as to why things hit mainstream could be, plausible deniability or they just like to rub things into peoples faces! Let's face it people are too consumed by BS such as TV or SPORTS to bother to do anything about it. So why wouldn't they tell you what they are doing?

Without a doubt the government is the mafia, they are corrupted at every level.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

And there is this old story,

news.bbc.co.uk...

Thirty-five deaths in the infamous Lynmouth flood disaster came only days after RAF rain-making experiments over southern England, it has emerged. Ninety million tonnes of water swept down the narrow valley into Lynmouth on 15 August, 1952, destroying whole buildings. Now, a BBC investigation has confirmed that secret experiments were causing heavy rainfall.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TraitorKiller

And there is this old story,

news.bbc.co.uk...

Thirty-five deaths in the infamous Lynmouth flood disaster came only days after RAF rain-making experiments over southern England, it has emerged. Ninety million tonnes of water swept down the narrow valley into Lynmouth on 15 August, 1952, destroying whole buildings. Now, a BBC investigation has confirmed that secret experiments were causing heavy rainfall.

That one I'd not even heard of! But it certainly vindicates my suspicions... Isn't it bad that we can't even rely on natural disasters being natural anymore!

Why do people think we need a government when this is what they are doing to us! It's just beyond me!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Found a useful video link, saved under quite an ambiguous name on YouTube however, completely related. enjoy

www.youtube.com...
edit on 19-7-2012 by SomeRawInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theGreatunhosed
reply to post by Bixxi3

i agree to a point, the article mentions that it has been used in drought stricken regions... i think it's awful that the public aren't consulted on this...

But the public are consulted on it - cloud seeding gets notified by public notices in papers as far ago as the 1950's - eg see this thread on here - www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-7-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Dear theGreatunhosed: I love your name. Wish I had thought of it. Very nice for a first thread. I gave you a star & flag the other day but was delayed in posting.

It's a great point: weather modification for the reason of getting more business for corporations. From what I understand, there is a set amount of water in the hydrological cycle of our planet. Rain in one place, therefore, means no rain someplace else. Floods (goofs in weather modification) which mean outlandish rainfall in short amounts of time also, therefore, mean no rain in the future. Everything in nature takes time. Getting the atmosphere to dump prematurely is, imo, rash.

To me, none of this falderal really benefits, in any way, the great unwashed. If a portion of the unwashed receive rain and that receipt denies rain to another unwashed portion, I'm thinking that just means aid and food packages to famine areas due to drought. The unwashed in one geographical area will reap benefits (sans floods!) but, by conscience, will then feel compelled to spend those benefits to help those thereby deprived...this is silly.

As far as corporations having the right to decree who receives rain and who doesn't - I'm against it.
edit on 20-7-2012 by luxordelphi because: correct spelling

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think I need to start walking around with a gas mask... Without being arrested as a mass shooter.

top topics

join