It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's re-analyse the Nostradamus Olympics quatrain, X - 74

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
ETA: this is apparently in response to a post by ChaoticOrder:

Google Translate is a poor tool for translating Old French.

And, in the quatrain, the words for "Games of Slaughter" are capitalized, indicating that they are serving as a proper noun. The correct translation of the second line is, "He will appear at the time of the Slaughter Games."
edit on 19-7-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Of the billions who have lived, or are living, on this planet, why is Nostradamus the poster child for predictions? Of the billions who have written, or even spoken, why is it that Nostradamus must be in the discussion at all? Of the billions of people who have lived on earth, why is Nostradamus even relevant at all? Billions, he's one guy with an opinion, just like me, and surely like the others posting here. One guy. I'm lost as to why he seemingly spoke for all the billions, the planet and, as such, he's the one you go to for all things future.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm in wonder of what this "it" is as well. If it were Christ returning, would he really be referred to as "it"? I'm thinking either blue beam will finally be put into implimentation or Satan will return to Earth to stir things up. If he returned, then I suppose Jesus would have to return as well to save the innocent and those that will be accepted into the kingdom of heaven. I agree that things have been a bit weird this year, but I myself don't anticipate any end coming. The word "apocolypse" itself doesn't translate into destruction but a change in the way things are going now. Things are going to change at some point soon.

Then again if we move to the more physical side, it COULD mean an earthquake during the Olympic games that will shatter and shake the city unearthing old graves and causing mass destruction.

My point is, it's different for each person interpreting it. It is all in the eyes of those who are beholding the information.

I'm curious as to how many of his predictions actually matched up to present day events. How many times has he been wrong? I'm thinking maybe we shouldn't be listening to the preachings of a so called "psychic". People knew how to scam others then and they still know how to now. Look at Las Vegas psychics who "talk to the dead". Say anything broad and chances are that you will be correct over 75% of the time. You know why? Because people look into broad topics looking for inside information that could relate to ANYTHING going on in their lives. He kept things just broad and cryptic enough so that people would try to relate it to their times thinking he's correct and brilliant. He WAS brilliant in one way, he knew how to manipulate the human mind. Anything past that? No. He's no fortune teller.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by R6A6W6

could it be a Latin word? or even Spanish? I don't think it is an anagram of anything.
No, I tried a few different languages, and every time it either meant entries, or entered, or enter... has me stumped.

Those entered into the Book of Life.

Considering who Nosty was and what he believed in in terms of religion you may wish to try

Entered the kingdom of Heaven.

P

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietInsanity

And once again, let me post the translation we developed after analysing the original text more carefully, because I think may people missed it at the bottom of the last page:

A full revolution of the grand seventh number,
games appear at the time of slaughter,
not far from the grand millennial age,
when the dead emerge from the grave.

edit on 19/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Assuming for a moment that this applies to the time of the Olympics, as many people suggested, this is the way I interpret it.

If some kind of slaughter happens at the games, it would most likely be a bombing. A bombing could cause a building collapse. Dead emerging from the grave or tomb could mean bodies dug out from the rubble. If you look at it that way it makes sense.

Still though, it is pretty vague. It could really mean anything. I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.
edit on 19-7-2012 by QuietInsanity because: (no reason given)

They may have a bomb on the side but they usually use SCALAR as was most likely in 9/11 too!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
To all the naysayers that wish to put their point across that Nostradamus was a crackpot etc.

GO AWAY - you are being exceptionally rude. This thread is not titled "Do you believe in Nostradamus" If it was then go for it by all means.

This thread is for the discussion of a particular verse and if you have nothing to add than please show some manners and decorum and refrain from comment.

If you feel very strongly about it, hey start your own thread, don't fill this one with unhelpful comments.

P

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Nostradamus often referred to events and places by the ancient names. He has never written Iran as a place name, always using the term Persia. Based on this reality the term 'Games of Slaughter' is very likely a reference to the Olympic Games.

To be in a position to translate this work you need to be able to translate:

Old Provincial french => Old french => to modern french => (in this case) to English. Meaning no insult to anyone - Google translate will not do it!

For those that speak English only, try this phrase take from The Bard, 'I pick my nose at you!'

If you do not understand how the English language was uses at the time you would not know that this was in fact a mortal insult usually used to initiate a dual with swords. Then along comes someone who translates it as 'Do you have a tissue?'

As a resource try www.nostradamus-repository.org...

P

edit on 19-7-2012 by pheonix358 because: It is filled out as required

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Here are possibilities for me. 7 cycles so far, and if this isn't the last one for 3D earth, about to be 8. 7 clycles around something, death star, Isis/Sirius B, abyss, superwave theory, those magnetic cords that are protruding in, that pioineer saw leaving the solar system? Tyche?

Anyway, I also see the great slaughter may be Olympics, but then again, the Georgia Guidestones speak of 500 000 and I think with Fukushima and George Green this is about culling the middle class free, northern hemisphere, and resetting the planet with the poor and fundamentalists, a blast from the serfdom past, like Sharia. Another Out of Africa. So long term Mason plan and they always do NWO cycles, and kill off survivors and all the old knowledge, at least they did in past cycles.

The raising of the dead, could mean many things. it could mean eathquakes and such raise up old secrets and graves Atlantis/Lemuria OR it could mean the inner earth hellzones and invasion of the enlil/marduk side.

It could mean what Morningmayan and Terrence McKenna, when they went to South Amercia and studied the codex found that it said something along the lines of going Online with the universe, ie, all the astrals, and those who have passed earth's tests, positive astrals and those below, and the cosmos.

There are so many possiblities that all relate to this time period.

IF that is what is allowed to happen, because this time I see a really happy ending to the cycles no matter what happen or occurs, will keep faith in Goodness and Love and something better.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

Sorry to just pop in, I didn't get all the way thru yet, but my ADD makes me lose my train of thought quickly. Reading about the cattle sacrifice mentioned on the cross. This may be way off base.

Listening to the news today they were speaking of the coming food shortages because of the dry weather here in the US. They were saying that beef prices may actually fall briefly, to stock up if you have extra freezer space. Why?

Because the ranchers are going to slaughter their herds because they cannot afford to feed them due to to the feed shortages.......freaky? Or is it just me?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

There are several that have scored direct hits and all learned commentators have agreed. They are few and far between. He described half men / half pig people that would appear to be a reference to WW2 fighter pilots.

This single reference gives us a major clue that Nostradamus saw the future in visions and then interpreted the events as he could from the standpoint of someone who has never seen a aircraft.

It also needs to be considered that a vision is a raw accurate thing. We interpret according to written history or current events as we believe them to be. History is written by the victor and as for current events, well how do we really know what happens. Trying to work that out is what ATS is all about because we know all too well that MSM is just propaganda.

The Seer can see the direct truth.

P

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Nostradamus was big into numerology, and 2012 is certainly not the year of the big seven.

In Numerology, 2012 is a 5. Next summer olympics in "year of a big seven" would be in 2032.

Games of slaughter could also refer to bouts to the death or roman style gladiator combat, which is certainly similar to olympic games in popularity, but the olympics of course doesn't have the whole death element. Games of slaughter could also refer to the fact that a lot of people die at the games.

Not far from the age of the great millenium could refer to the 02 arena, which was originally the Millenium Stadium built to showcase British engineering and opened to comemmorate the year 2000 - the great millenium. The Olympic stadium is certainly "Not far from the great millenium".

When the dead will come out of their graves? Not a clue on this one.
edit on 19-7-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
A flood would certainly bring out the coffins. In the flood of 72 in Pennsylvania during/after hurricane Agnes, the streets were filled with caskets floating everywhere, it was horrific. The water was 11 feet high in the towns. Caskets opened, bodies everywhere....unbelievable.

Another thought, this post is giving me many of them. Mad cow in humans resembles a zombie like disease, FYI.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

My post wasn't trying to prove or disprove anything, I was merely bringing up different dimensions to the topic. I request an apology for your rudeness. Is this now a society of no opinions except those of a chosen few? What makes you chosen and special?

Back on topic after being bashed all around: I do find it interesting that all of these seems to correlate around the "games of slaughter" but are we completely sure they're referring to the Olympics? It could be something more abstract than what everyone is thinking. Something that you would never make the connection to until it happens and then you slap your forehead going "Oh, duh!"

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I was thinking along that line.....what other meaning could we be looking at for "games" or "slaughter"?

Maybe we are missing something?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If nostrodamus said it - it sort of makes it OK... well it ain't. you know I threw up when the History channel did that piece of 911 was predicted by Nostrodamus... its sort makes you think - they read the book and then try and make it happen. wag the dog style
edit on 19-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Here's a start:

animals under pursuit or taken in hunting; especially : wild animals hunted for sport or food (2) : the flesh of game animals b archaic : pluck c : a target or object especially of ridicule or attack —often used in the phrase fair game

activity engaged in for diversion or amusement : play (2) : the equipment for a game b : often derisive or mocking jesting

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

And once again, let me post the translation we developed after analysing the original text more carefully, because I think may people missed it at the bottom of the last page:

not far from the grand millennial age,
when the dead emerge from the grave.

edit on 19/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

One could fit the following interpretation, based on my own meager reflection upon this:

Grand seventh number: G7
The G7 is made up of Canada, France, Germany, U.S., Italy, Japan, and the U.K.
Revolution of these countries or from within? Perhaps an event that causes or deeply affects the "grand 7"?

Olympics occurring when the time of slaughter arrives.

not far from the grand millennial age
The Millennium age is referred to as the time following the seven (ahh, a seven) years of horror ravaged upon the earth in other prophecies. Grand is a description since the Millennium age that arrives involves essentially heaven on earth.

when the dead emerge from the grave
The Tribulation? Or something that is thought dead arrives? The return of Christ?

OK, I am not a Christian but if I were, I could make this match my hopes and beliefs. From a secular point of view, one could say that a terrible tragedy will befall any or all of the G7 members at the Olympics which will start a war from which will emerge something thought dead. The Third Reich?

Just playing with this and I will disavow any hope of being accurate or correct. But it is fun to play.

link   

Well I did not mention you at all in my post! I was referring to posts such as www.abovetopsecret.com...

But hey if your feeling guilty that is your problem. I am sorry is you were offended but I did not target you with those comments. I can not even begin to understand why you would think that.

P

link   
reply to post by timetothink

I don't know. It kind of worries me about going back to the kind of sport our more "barbaric" ancestors made fun back in their days. Having real gladiator fights again and people actually fighting to death worldwide. Maybe this is how we'll take care of our higher offending criminals in prison so that money isn't thrown into keeping people in prison because that is a large expense on the taxpayer's dollar. Just a thought, maybe we will grow barbaric to deal with our mounting money problems.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
While doing some research on this topic for this thread, I came across this, which I hadn't heard of before

www.exohuman.com...

“Fire, famine, pestilence, death—the bell echoes the righteous who approaches the world, even more so the world does not hear or see. Comes the darkness of the dragon that seemed asleep. Comes the terror of the bear that pretended love and brotherhood. Comes humble Democrat that never was, and comes with it poverty without shelter, and with all the explosions and disintegration. Comes the dark and then light (in) the South! And the cross!”

To me, this sounds very interesting. The dragon that seemed asleep could be China, which recently has kept it's head down on many issues, and the "terror of the bear that pretended love and brotherhood" could signify a resurgence of Russian cold war politics as indicated by recent moves and statements by Vladimir Putin. Both Russia and China are causing international discord with their refusal to approve sanctions on Syria.

"Comes humble Democrat that never was, and comes with it poverty without shelter, and with all the explosions and disintegration" could refer to the situation about to take place with civil war in Syria, not sure who the "humble Democrat that never was" might refer to?

Rest of it I'm not sure about, but certainly got my attention.
edit on 19-7-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join