It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's re-analyse the Nostradamus Olympics quatrain, X - 74

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree, it just seems many people on this thread take Nostradamus word for word w/o understanding the bigger picture he is trying to relay.

Not a single person in the 500 years Nostradamus' predictions have been around has ever been able to pinpoint a prediction of his to a coming future event. And you mean to tell me you understand it better than anyone else?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Nostradamus was a con man and huskster who was a few slices short of a loaf who spoke in riddle so that nothing he said could be proven or disproven.. If some of you spent as much time taking positions and effecting change as you do to quoting 300 year old dead guys that no one understood 300 years ago and reading the calendars extinct civilazations that predict our doom yet could not predict their own you would accomplish something and save me the time it took to compose this giant run on sentence. Big Brother, if you are monitoring this, I beg you, unplug the internet.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
I also think the last line requires a more accurate translation.

sortiront de leur tombe = emerge from the grave

However, the first part has me confused... Google translate tells me this:

Que les entres = That the entries

But I don't think that is very accurate... however, I don't see anything about dead people, unless "entres" mean "the dead" in old French. "That the entries emerge from the grave" doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Perhaps someone else can expand on my analysis.

EDIT: and also, the second sentence, according to Google translate, would be more accurately written as "Games appear at the time of slaughter"... which contains an important difference to the original translation.
edit on 19/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

So take that backwards and Slaughter will appear that the time of the games.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

reply to post by R6A6W6

could it be a Latin word? or even Spanish? I don't think it is an anagram of anything.
No, I tried a few different languages, and every time it either meant entries, or entered, or enter... has me stumped.

Those entered into the Book of Life.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I don't want this question to sound silly so I'll preface it with I do believe that people catch glimpses of the future. My mother has done it a few times. I wont get into what the hows and whys may or may not be now though. Most of the times when someone is asked about their visions or predictions it is said to be spontaneous and for the most part out of their control. Now on to my question.

Why couldn't Nostradamus or any other psychic for that matter have caught sight of say a movie or something? Especially if it is shown as a real event playing out and someone before the advent of TV would have even less of a frame of reference and would not even suspect it. Why couldn't he have caught a glimpse of some zombie movie? The games of slaughter? Heck maybe he caught a glimpse of the Hunger Games or what the book was about.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

reply to post by St Udio

Guys you are bickering over something which we have already dismissed as an invalid translation. The first line says NOTHING about a "year", there is no reference to a year, except for the fact it is referencing a "full revolution". The reason is says "accomplished" in that line is because the original text is referring to a complete/full/satisfied rotation or revolution period, and the English translation interpreted it wrong. What it really says is much closer to "A full revolution of the grand seventh number".

The world population is the sum total of all living humans on Earth. As of today, it is estimated to number 7.027 billion by the United States Census Bureau (USCB).[1] The USCB estimates that the world population exceeded 7 billion on March 12, 2012.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Maybe number seven is Uranus and the completion of a revolution is the Uranus year which is 83 earth years long. The point in space we have the beginning of our year, is the line from the Sun through the Earth at that point used as the beginning of the year (or start line) for each of our solar systems planets years or does it not matter in the scheme of things? I suppose our year's beginning/end is just a construct anyway and could have been any of the 365 days. Did Nostradamus even know there was a Uranus?
Just a messy thought.
edit on 19/7/2012 by Lucas73 because: added sentence

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
my 2 cents...

The year of the great seventh number accomplished,

we had this year 7 billion people living on Earth.

it will appear at the time of the games of slaughter,

during the olympics

not far from the age of the great millennium,

maybe millenium wheel or short in the new millenium, 12 years is short over an extend of 1000 years

when the dead will come out of their graves.

this could be a hint of something happening big, there is a saying about waking the dead remember?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
So, the 7 could be September, or July, or 2017, or something else.

We don't know much about the games or slaughters, most games are representative of war, and most war is strategized as a game, so that doesn't get us too far.

The dead rising from their graves happens during floods, zombies, rapture, or it could be perceived dead like the holographic Elvis and Tupac, or it could be something resurrected like the Polio virus, or the Spanish Flu, or an Empire like the Romans (US?).

Anyhow, I have another observation, a grand 7th revolution could pertain to 7 Baktuns of the Mayan calendar, which would be about 2760 modern years. And since this is a year that the Baktun rolls over, how many years ago would Nostradamus have written this Quattrain?

If a cemetery or mausoleum were bombed it would also bring the dead from their tombs.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

A full revolution of the grand seventh number,
games appear at the time of slaughter,
not far from the grand millennial age,
when the dead emerge from the grave.

I hate to get involved in a Nostradamus thread, but...

A more literal translation of the quatrain would be:

At the completion of the great seventh number
He will appear at the time of the Slaughter Games,
Not far from the great millennial age
Those within will emerge from their graves.

Plus, some observations:

The great millennial age is an obvious reference to the "Millennial Reign" during which time Jesus is supposed to physically reign with his people on earth.
According to popular opinion, this Millennial Age begins with the Second Coming and the resurrection of the dead in Christ.

The "great seventh number" may be a reference to the 7th trumpet, which is supposed to occur at or just before the Second Coming. Or it could also be a reference to the 7 seals, 7 trumpets, and 7 vials which are supposed to comprise the last 7 years before the Millennial Age. Or it could be a reference to that 7 year period itself.

The Slaughter Games may be a reference to Armageddon.

"Him" may be Nostradamus' "third" Antichrist (Mabus).

edit on 19-7-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

this could be a hint of something happening big, there is a saying about waking the dead remember?

Could be something that already happened... Like that of Katrina?

Or..... A day when the earth shakes because he may have been literal?? Dont know.. just thinking out loud lol

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Les entres caught my eye too - those who entered - will leave the tomb.

simple. those who were thought dead - will rise.

Many possibilities - famous ones.

Wish I had the time to really look at the Lost Book of Nostradamus....(sigh)

(Vaticinia Nostradamus)

edit on 7/19/2012 by drphilxr because: parenthesis

edit on 7/19/2012 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/19/2012 by drphilxr because: formatting...spelling

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

edit on 19/7/2012 by bonsaihorn because: Lol! Wrong thread...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissingRonnieR
Nostradamus was a con man and huskster who was a few slices short of a loaf who spoke in riddle so that nothing he said could be proven or disproven.. If some of you spent as much time taking positions and effecting change as you do to quoting 300 year old dead guys that no one understood 300 years ago and reading the calendars extinct civilazations that predict our doom yet could not predict their own you would accomplish something and save me the time it took to compose this giant run on sentence. Big Brother, if you are monitoring this, I beg you, unplug the internet.

...or unplug some peoples Internets!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

And once again, let me post the translation we developed after analysing the original text more carefully, because I think may people missed it at the bottom of the last page:

A full revolution of the grand seventh number,
games appear at the time of slaughter,
not far from the grand millennial age,
when the dead emerge from the grave.

Assuming for a moment that this applies to the time of the Olympics, as many people suggested, this is the way I interpret it.

If some kind of slaughter happens at the games, it would most likely be a bombing. A bombing could cause a building collapse. Dead emerging from the grave or tomb could mean bodies dug out from the rubble. If you look at it that way it makes sense.

Still though, it is pretty vague. It could really mean anything. I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.
edit on 19-7-2012 by QuietInsanity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by R6A6W6
But what if you interpret the first line as:

am i reading the same verses??

Century X, quatrain 74, English translation.

then from the OP of the thread:

My personal take on both versions:

"Au revolu du grand nombre septiesme", to me says "A revolution of the grand number 7 or September"?

modern calendars say July is the 7th month not september which is the 9th, hence 9-11
edit on 19-7-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

I just have to butt in here, before I put any more thought to this thread.

In Astrology, March (Aries) starts off the Zodiacal year, hence September (Libra) represents the 7th 'house' of the zodiac.

I would guess that the Astrological calender would have held more sway, in Nostro's day, than our modern one.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

Entres is Old French for "within" or "among," as opposed to "enter" (close, but not quite the same meaning). It's where we get our prefix "inter-" from.

As I posted above, the second half of the quatrain is probably saying that, not far from the great millennial age, those within (their graves) will emerge from them...unless there is some other sense in which these people are "within" or "among."

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
The dead rise up? dont think of it as they get up them selfs.
just look at the MAD wheather we are having.

the ground in england is geting overly wet.
and in america its very dry.
could some thing from this make the ground Erupt in some way.
spilling out bodies? or do you think its zombies?

what was the land used for before they built the olympic grounds?

That is an excellent thought.

What if there's a giant sink hole which swallows up the Olympic stadium?
Then the caskets of historic British monarchy get unearthed due to the deluge effect and biblical flood.
Westminster Abbey?
After all, it's all been built (on reclaimed land??) on the river Lea, which I believe must feed into the Thames, which feeds into the city of London....and on and on.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
well july is the 7th month and the olympics open the 27th so theres already 2 sevens he could be taking about
and uhm games of slaughter goes for olympics

i dont know maybe the olympics will be the place for the first outbreak of a zombie virus! or
bin laden makes his comeback

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I also think the last line requires a more accurate translation.

sortiront de leur tombe = emerge from the grave

However, the first part has me confused... Google translate tells me this:

Que les entres = That the entries

But I don't think that is very accurate... however, I don't see anything about dead people, unless "entres" mean "the dead" in old French. "That the entries emerge from the grave" doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Perhaps someone else can expand on my analysis.

EDIT: and also, the second sentence, according to Google translate, would be more accurately written as "Games appear at the time of slaughter"... which contains an important difference to the original translation.

That the entries emerge from the grave may be a good translation. Perhaps some secrets that have been dead and buried will finally come to light or some ancient knowledge?
edit on 19-7-2012 by DaesDaemar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join