It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's re-analyse the Nostradamus Olympics quatrain, X - 74

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I will be referring here to Century X, quatrain 74 of the book The Prophesies of Nostradamus by Erika Cheetham 1973. Or what is more commonly referred to as "The Games of Slaughter" quatrain.
I will first copy the original version as written in the book and then I will copy the English translation also supplied by Erika and others in the book.
Then I will put in my own thoughts on the interpretation and then hand it over to you to comment as well.

Research further, Erika Cheetham wikipedia

Century X, quatrain 74, original text.

Au revolu du grand nombre septiesme
Apparoistra au temps Jeux d'Hecatombe,
Non esloign'e du grand eage milliesme
Que les entres sortiront de leur tombe.

Century X, quatrain 74, English translation.

The year of the great seventh number accomplished,
it will appear at the time of the games of slaughter,
not far from the age of the great millennium,
when the dead will come out of their graves.

My personal take on both versions:

"Au revolu du grand nombre septiesme", to me says "A revolution of the grand number 7 or September"?

Looking at the first line in English:
"The year of the great seventh number accomplished", this could mean the year of the 7/7 London transport bombings was successful? Which would also relate the quatrain to London.

Looking at the second line in English:
"it will appear at the time of the games of slaughter", may not relate to the Olympics at all. It could be saying instead, "at a time when it seems that slaughter is happening and it seems like a game"

Looking at the third line in English:
"not far from the age of the great millennium", it is still not far from the age of the great millennium in 2012, the millennium being turning to 2000 years, 12 is not much out of 1000, 1.2%.

Looking at the fourth line in English:
"when the dead will come out of their graves". I can only think of 3 modern day takes on this line.
1. People who we long thought to be dead, eg Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussain, Gadaffi, will be found to have not been killed? I know that's going to sound far fetched but, there are theory's about Bin Laden not having been killed in the marines raid in Pakistan.
2. Someone claims to be the new Jesus Christ, sent down to save us all.
3. Zombie attack. As Zombies are said to be the living dead.

Ok I will now leave you to ponder what I have written and see if you can add any further translations or interpretations yourselves.

edit on 19-7-2012 by R6A6W6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
As much as it pains me to do this and don't think of it as undermining your argument in any way whatsoever.

12 is not 0.12% of 1000 it is 1.2% of 1000.

100 is 10% of 1000
10 is 1% of 1000
2 is 0.2% of 1000
edit on 19-7-2012 by Maldavius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Maldavius

Thanks for pointing that out. Small error sorry.

I'll edit that now lol

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
In any case in a lot of ways the crisis in the middle east looks much like a game.

Whether these wars are fought for legitimate reasons or through pre-planned events surrounding money, power, etc no one can truly say for certainty. However, from my stance it feels as though the powers that be are trying quite hard to come up with reasons for us to stay and expand in those regions.

A shell game really.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

A revolution of the grand number 7
That translation seems much more accurate to me. "Au revolu du" basically means a full rotation/revolution. They obviously interpreted that to mean a full rotation around the Sun, which would be a year... but that's not exactly how it was meant to be interpreted imo, your more literal translation seems more appropriate. "Grand nombre septiesme" basically means grand/great seventh number. So putting that together it would be more appropriate to say "A full revolution of the grand seventh number". Not sure exactly what it means but I like your analysis, good idea for a thread too... this place has been so god damn boring lately.
edit on 19/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

In any case in a lot of ways the crisis in the middle east looks much like a game. Whether these wars are fought for legitimate reasons or through pre-planned events surrounding money, power, etc no one can truly say for certainty. However, from my stance it feels as though the powers that be are trying quite hard to come up with reasons for us to stay and expand in those regions. A shell game really.

Yes, that's what I was thinking, of course we can't prove a game is being played

I thought maybe some numerologists would have ago with the numbers thing, like century 10, quatrain 74. Just for example 2010/07/04?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
There's a reason why it is written in cryptic terms that can relate to anything:

It can relate to anything.

You know, they even did this experiment a while back at some University, can't remember which one right now.

They took a time capsule, wrote down ten completely random sentences using a very metaphorical language, dug it out ten years later and voila: You could pick basically any historic event from the past ten years and somehow relate these sentences to them because they were intentionally formulated in a vague way.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

edit on 19-7-2012 by jonstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The seventh seal.Secondline.

Mod Note: Adding "Secondline" to your post doesn't make it any less of a 1-liner.
One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Yah, Nostradamus was probably like the earliest troll/hoaxer ever.

Eh who knows, I still like analysing what he wrote though. There's definitely an eerie feeling to his writing.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Or it could be that we will see the return of famous people whom have faked their deaths?

ETA

Following the initial games in 776 BCE, the ancient Olympics were contested every four years until the Romans introduced the gladiatorial games. The Romans replaced the Olympic games with gladiatorial contests when athleticism went out of vogue among the Roman elite. No longer could a simple cook compete in the games because, in Roman times, competitors were professional athletes. (To learn more about the Roman gladiator, see "The Gladiator.") In 393 CE, the Emperor Theodosius I abolished the ancient games. More than 1,500 years passed before the modern era of Olympic competition was inaugurated in Athens in 1896.

So back in the day of Nosty, it is conceivable he was referring to the Gladiatorial version of the Games which was 'Games of Slaughter'.
edit on 19/7/2012 by Sovaka because: ETA

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Or it could be the new world order revolution will begin in earnest as they have played games with the world for years now.

this could be the beginning of a 7 year war by globalists to rule the world by inciting ww3 in the Middle East.
edit on 19-7-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: sp

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I also think the last line requires a more accurate translation.

sortiront de leur tombe = emerge from the grave

However, the first part has me confused... Google translate tells me this:

Que les entres = That the entries

But I don't think that is very accurate... however, I don't see anything about dead people, unless "entres" mean "the dead" in old French. "That the entries emerge from the grave" doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Perhaps someone else can expand on my analysis.

EDIT: and also, the second sentence, according to Google translate, would be more accurately written as "Games appear at the time of slaughter"... which contains an important difference to the original translation.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Que les entres = That the entries But I don't think that is very accurate... however, I don't see anything about dead people, unless "entres" mean "the dead" in old French. "That the entries emerge from the grave" doesn't seem to make much sense to me. Perhaps someone else can expand on my analysis.

Good thinking to translate it.
could it be a Latin word? or even Spanish? I don't think it is an anagram of anything.

If you put it together now it says "that the entries emerge from the grave." Could that mean entries for underground bunkers? Or something will come from underground literally.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

could it be a Latin word? or even Spanish? I don't think it is an anagram of anything.
No, I tried a few different languages, and every time it either meant entries, or entered, or enter... has me stumped.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I edited above ^ sorry I got a habit of doing that instead of posting a new comment lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by R6A6W6

I know that's going to sound far fetched but, there are theory's about Bin Laden not having been killed in the marines raid in Pakistan.

A correct way of putting this would be:

I know it sounds farfetched, but there are actually theories that Bin Laden was killed in a may 2011 marine raid in Pakistan.

Interesting thread otherwise.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Could that mean entries for underground bunkers? Or something will come from underground literally.
Yes, I think you may actually have helped explain where they got the dead thing from in the English translation you used. It could mean the people who were "entered into underground bunkers" (aka dead people put into coffins) will emerge from their graves. Seems like a reasonable interpretation.

Now I think the most interesting sentence that needs more attention is the one about games (did you see my edit?). It actually says games will appear at the time of slaughter, quite interesting if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by R6A6W6

Century X, quatrain 74, English translation.

The year of the great seventh number accomplished,
it will appear at the time of the games of slaughter,
not far from the age of the great millennium,
when the dead will come out of their graves.

"...the great seventh number..."

i do believe the emphasis of the great seventh number is not speaking of just the symbolic number 7

if one were to count the sequence of the Prime numbers, one would find the number 17 is the seventh Prime or the 7th Great Number
en.wikipedia.org...

so, in that case the author is looking toward the year 2017...or 7 steps removed from the Millennium

alll that follows is pure speculation... perhaps the Guillotine beheadings is deemed the killing-games
by those doing the beheadings

the former 'dead' coming to life again...it does not say that...it only says the dead will be exhumed/come out of the grave...
(to restructure the sentence)..."...it will appear...the dead will come out of their graves. ..."

What is very possible and doable right now with CGI images of say Lincoln and videos made that may seriously animate long dead persons..
.i doubt that PBUH Mohammed would be such a life-like animation, but stranger things have happened before

~ just something tothink about~
edit on 19-7-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Good post, I like your theory about the seventh prime number... however that doesn't seem to slot in with the part about games, which definitely seems to be referencing the Olympic Games imo.

Also, judging by what we have determined so far, this would be a more accurate translation of the quatrain:

A full revolution of the grand seventh number,
games appear at the time of slaughter,
not far from the grand millennial age,
when the dead emerge from the grave.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join