It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Posting Without Reading The OP!! Even MODS!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephlim

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I agree! FUEL PRICES ARE FAR TOO HIGH!!!
Sorry, supporting your point, however I have been guilty myself.
S&F to make up for my jumping to conclusions.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephlim

I read your OP and it was very interesting, but I have a suggestion, which has very likely already been made by someone. The suggestion is, if you want your OP to be read with the attention it deserves, don't give your thread a title that could mislead most readers as to the content of your OP.

The title of the thread would tend to make people believe that you are yet another "holocaust denier". Even if you were another holocaust denier with a fresh new reason to deny the holocaust, other holocaust deniers probably wouldn't read your OP because it is too vague and nebulous. Be specific in what you intend to communicate.

Suggested title for your other thread: Jehovah's Witness Testimony Tends To Support Holocaust Claims

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Here is the real surprise.... now hold on to your hats.....

No one actually debated his "actual" claims!!

Yes there were JW's there, but the story, where he got it from, and its inaccuracy was never called into question!

Some caught on but were ignored. He is a JW, and he was promoting JW's stance, by discussing something as atrocious as their deaths, without anyone asking him why, or challenging his references, not even a little.

This was a JW production/advertisement/solicitation if I have ever seen one.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I always read the OP and then the comments before I make a comment or if I really want to make comment.I caught on to him and he called me out and said I was lying on the thread that went sideways.It was all about promoting Jehovah's Witnesses. We are not perfect and we see trigger words and that sets people off before looking at the whole picture or what actually is said.People are too quick off the mark.I try to take it slow and see what the point that is made then read the comments.Sometimes someone has commented and it has made me go back and re-read the OP.Noregretsever made a good point,good eye.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by celticdog
I always read the OP and then the comments before I make a comment or if I really want to make comment.I caught on to him and he called me out and said I was lying on the thread that went sideways.It was all about promoting Jehovah's Witnesses. We are not perfect and we see trigger words and that sets people off before looking at the whole picture or what actually is said.People are too quick off the mark.I try to take it slow and see what the point that is made then read the comments.Sometimes someone has commented and it has made me go back and re-read the OP.Noregretsever made a good point,good eye.

Actually the thread was about answering specific accusations. Namely this one:

Recently the writer of the current thread received a comment that affirms the following (on another thread of mine):
www.abovetopsecret.com...

First of all the Jehovah's Witnesses did not speak out against the atrocities against the Jews because there were no [sic]atrocites.Thats[sic] a fact whether you like it or not.

Many times people such as Viking 9019 quoted above (and also quoted in the beginning of the OP in the other thread linked to in the OP) will make blanket statements of lies and expect to get away with them.

That statement [eta - referring to Viking9019's statement] was so grossly slanderous and out of line with fact and history that the writer of the thread decided to sit down and take time to defend the truth.

Many times I will ignore ignorance if I feel it is based on naivety and in good spirit, and if possible even try to educate. But when you lie simply for lying it is shameful, and if it warrants it good old facts should be presented to expose the liars for who they are.
edit on 21-7-2012 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Here is the real surprise.... now hold on to your hats.....

No one actually debated his "actual" claims!!

Yes there were JW's there, but the story, where he got it from, and its inaccuracy was never called into question!

Some caught on but were ignored. He is a JW, and he was promoting JW's stance, by discussing something as atrocious as their deaths, without anyone asking him why, or challenging his references, not even a little.

This was a JW production/advertisement/solicitation if I have ever seen one.

Peace, NRE.

Thank you for bringing up this charge and asking for proof. There was plenty of it left in the OP in the other thread. But if it is so hard for you to look up the documentation for yourself you may wish to perhaps visit the various concentration camps for yourself. All of them have memorials to the Jehovah's Witnesses that gave their lives. Also here are a couple of documentaries about what we faced during the Holocaust. Here many historians and first-hand accounts are given, with exact names, dates, and places:

Excert found on YouTube of the documentary released in Britain called Purple Triangles (the symbol assigned to and worn by all Jehovah's Witnesses in the concentration camps.)

Jehovah's Witnesses Stand Firm Against Nazi Assault. I was able to find the whole video on YouTube:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by azbowhunter
Your thread is going to accomplish nothing. Sad but true.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you 100%, but you will have better luck trying to discipline a kid with MASSIVE ADHD than getting people to act their age here. (Or, maybe they ARE acting their age and this place is nothing more than an online daycare.)

I'm more and more inclined to agree with you lately, I've thought for a while now that we have had a HUGE influx of teenagers and maybe pre-teens on here....

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

What I am actually stating is that Rutherford knew what was going on, I am not denying that JW's were killed, I am saying that it was mostly caused by The Watchtower Society, and the "Organization" itself.

Your not telling the whole story. Those witnesses that died, had no clue that Rutherford, Germany, Hitler, etc, were all intertwined.

Stand up for those JW's that died because they were fooled, not that being a JW makes you anymore of a hero then anyone else that died at that time.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

He was partly true.Rutherford wrote the letter to Hitler in 1933 when the watchtower operation was under attack.He praise Hitler on his anti- anglo/american campaign and his stance on jews.You being a Jehovah's witness only get your information from one source the watchtower.You are not allowed to do actual research because it might cause doubt and you will lose your faith.Your leaders would hide this to keep the followers in the dark.They spoke out against it in 1939 on their own radio station but how many people heard it beside witnesses. They are not suppose to be political.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join