It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The spirit of America is alive and well....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by HumanCondition

What country are you from?
Australia

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

OK thanks that helps me put into perspective. The US is different in many ways than probably presented by the media. Anyhow in the states I have met many visitors from the UK, but never from Australia.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
A bit of a dark history?

You mean like raping, killing and stealing from every red person we saw when we got here? How bout the biological warfare with the smallpox blankets?

Or shipping over millions of black people to force them in to slave labor? Then "freeing" them but continuing to deny their rights and status?

Or nuking two cities in Japan full of civilians off the face of the Earth?

Or invading and occupying nations with little or no provocation? Shock and awe? If I were you I'd be more upset with those Americans occupying Iraq as with the ones "Occupying" Wall Street.

This land is your land, this land is my land! This land was made for you and me!

edit on 19-7-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

Uh oh, looks like we have a fresh man in college history major here, and he is a little up set.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

OK thanks that helps me put into perspective. The US is different in many ways than probably presented by the media. Anyhow in the states I have met many visitors from the UK, but never from Australia.
While my view of another country can never be perfect it is a lot better then you would imagine. I am just as interested in America as I am my own country, because in reality they are two peas in a pod.
I never take opinion from media tho, that I can promise.
We are there but probably less vocal about it then Brits maybe.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

You are respectful so as an American if you have any questions for me feel free to ask, I will try to answer them the best way possible if I know the answer. I appreciate that your curiosity does not come off as antagonistic or anything else.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

hehe.. I thought that was 2nd grade social studies. lol

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by Hawking
A bit of a dark history?

You mean like raping, killing and stealing from every red person we saw when we got here? How bout the biological warfare with the smallpox blankets?

Or shipping over millions of black people to force them in to slave labor? Then "freeing" them but continuing to deny their rights and status?

Or nuking two cities in Japan full of civilians off the face of the Earth?

Or invading and occupying nations with little or no provocation? Shock and awe? If I were you I'd be more upset with those Americans occupying Iraq as with the ones "Occupying" Wall Street.

This land is your land, this land is my land! This land was made for you and me!

Uh oh, looks like we have a fresh man in college history major here, and he is a little up set.

Sorry to correct your ignorance but I am a college graduate, not a "fresh man in college history major here."

Seems English is not your first language?

Anyway, just thought it was important to remember that the US was created by evil men and has been controlled by them since. When you see the way the American government have treated those of other nationalities, are you surprised when they begin to treat their own people that way?

BTW feel free to PM me if you need all that explained with simpler words

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

The US was created because people had no choice but to revolt against the government that was enslaving them.

oh well enough with this, your just jealous anyways.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

OK Im off, but Im going to address this real quick.

I like the optimism but no ones going to fight. That's a fact.
Even if some did fight, it would be crushed.
Freedom is dead. Resistance is futile, technology has made that a certainty.

Yes but technology as you put is in the hands of many in our military and other parts of the economy. The people of the United States could just as easily use that technology as any government or military could use against us.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

reply to post by Hawking

The US was created because people had no choice but to revolt against the government that was enslaving them.

oh well enough with this, your just jealous anyways.

Jealous of what?

I was born in America, grew up in several different states and now live in West Texas.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

oh and by the way, they don't call the US the melting pot for nothing. It is a country of all nationalities. People of all nationalities have moved here to create a better life for themselves.

Your argument is dead.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join