It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortality Only 20 Years Away Says Scientist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Meh...
I would only want to live forever if my spirit and conscience could be downloaded into a cyborg...

Ala "Ghost in the Shell" ....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Do you think something like this would be allowed for the average Joe, when we have people like Gates talking about depopulation?

If this ever comes to fruition, I would be reserved for the Gates, Rockefellers and Zuckerbergs of the world.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Aaaaaaand the first lie is being told again ... and again the people are falling for it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ

That's like staying in fourth grade for ever because you are the biggest kid in class and know the material.

And on that note.......goodnight.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
That is the mark of the beast. On your forehead is how differently you will think and communicate knowing you now will live forever in this body. On you arm is how differently you will do things knowing you now will live forever in this body.

Why do you think the REAL symbology of the medical field is the snakes around the staff forming a DNA helix ATTACKING the very wings of the angels.

Choose wisely when govt forced healthcare requires you to take the treatment or not be allowed to use any financial institutions, buy anything, sell anything (IRS enforcement)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
I've always asked myself this question:

"Why would a (relatively) small group of people want to control all the money and power in the world? They are going to die eventually and when you're that selfish and egotistical, passing on your good fortunes in your will is probably not a very reassuring thought."

The only answer I could ever come up with for my self is this:

"They are on the brink of 'curing' death and have known for some time that this evolutionary milestone will be reached within their lifetimes. They are doing everything they can do be in absolute control of this technology when it is achieved. They will never have to worry about losing their absolute power."

Now with nanotechnology (not to mention Dick Cheney's lack of a beating heart) at the forefront of modern science, I see no reason to doubt my assumptions

Interesting point.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sumerian210kbc
reply to post by Hawking

...so in say 500yrs the earth will look like china (no offence) it's already too crowded, I mean 7 billion people I am definitly sure the earth cant even support the current nr. of peeps, let alone double that. Can you say ''Hi fellow immortals, bye earth.'' or are we gonna move to a new planet and overpopulate that too? We need death to continue living, does no-one get that!!! Humans are way too destructive to live forever.

To be honest with you, I don't believe the population will be allowed to expand beyond a set number.

The George Guidestones say 500,000,000. That will ultimately be up to the 'people' left in control of such technology. They will decide who has access and who doesn't.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

Why do you think the REAL symbology of the medical field is the snakes around the staff forming a DNA helix ATTACKING the very wings of the angels.

Well gee could it be that when the Hebrew nation were traveling though the wilderness and became sick due to their sin.
The people asked Moses to ask the Lord for relief, the Lord commanded Moses to make a serpent statue and raise it high upon a pole and all those who looked up it were cured.

This story was then passed along to the Greeks and Romans through trading circles who added a second serpent and the wings of the god Mercury who became the patron god of all doctors.

The medical caduceus has it's roots in Judeo Christian history.

So please don't go off the deep end.

There are even other biblical references to the caduceus, and it is referenced in other religions.
The world shared most of it's history and oral traditions long before the Dark and Middle Ages, so there are countless parallels between all the stories of antiquity.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Awesome, sign me up. I'll be in my fifties in twenty years. I've always wanted to be half android anyways.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I don't know how accurate a 20 year time frame estimate will be and frankly, I'm virtually certain that that is a quite optimistic figure. Yes, "artificially achieved" immortality WILL be a fact eventually and when that future point of time DOES arrive, a particularly small and select group will finally heave a collective sigh of relief.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 1937methuselah

20 years was a shock too.
Until this the earliest I heard was 50 years and that was starting with organ and limb replacement not full body replacement.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

sweet! thats the thread i was after

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join