It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the US g0v one of the few that regularly tricks there people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Why is the US g0v one of the few that regularly seems to trick there sheeple? Like so many stagged events. Most other nations don't do these kinds of things, or if they do it's not that often.

USS Maine
Lusitania
Pearl Harbor
Gulf of Tonkin
Moon Landings
9/11

Like there's tons more but you get the idea. Likes these types of events are never gonna end are they?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hey now.

We stage events in more than just OUR country, I'll have you know.

Edit: And you left out Titanic - though of course that was a giant iceburg in the North Atlantic.

Iceburg Information, North Atlantic

Benjamin Guggenheim, Isa Strauss and John Jacob Astor opposed the formation of a Federal Reserve System. Some of the wealthiest people around during that time, all died on that ship.

edit on 19-7-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

One reason is because they GD paid all that money to dumb us down, they might as well get their money's worth out of it.

One thing though dude, you might want to drop the sheeple thing. Most times it brings up images of AJ (shudder) and doesn't get people very far on ATS. It was cute when Wild Bill Cooper said it, but it's a cheap buzzword now.

Actually most countries are happy to delude their citizens, but we have just plain gotten carried away with it lately, indeed since the Kennedy assassination.

Gotta admit, they sure do seem to get away with it pretty easy here though, huh?

20 to 25 years ago all media was owned by 100 companies. 2 years ago it was 5 companies. Right now it is 6 companies. Hooray! Things are improving... Meh!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Why is the US g0v one of the few that regularly seems to trick there sheeple? Like so many stagged events. Most other nations don't do these kinds of things, or if they do it's not that often.

USS Maine
Lusitania
Pearl Harbor
Gulf of Tonkin
Moon Landings
9/11

Like there's tons more but you get the idea. Likes these types of events are never gonna end are they?

Sorry but on ATS you really must give more in-depth theories and proof of these points in history.

Please don't think that many will be against your OP but these events have been investigated with so much theory, depth, knowledge, fact, etc that your OP doesn't add much nor really poses a question IMO

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

The US is one of the few ??

I would say there were very few governments if any at all who DON"T decieve or trick their population.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I would have to say that your main talking points are subjective at best, and your primary point is mired in ambiguity.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Wait, wait the US is one of the FEW governments that lies to her people? What?

First off you missed a few of the absolutely huge times in history that the US federal government has even admitted that they lied, covered up horrible things and killed people. Such as, I don't know, the Tuskegee Experiments, MK-ULTRA, the abuses of the USA PATRIOT act, Iran Contra, and the School of the Americas.

Secondly and most importantly though you say there are only a few countries that do this? That is utterly laughable!

Talk to anyone who lived on the other side of the Iron Curtain during the Cold War about the lies they were fed. Ask any Northern Irish Catholic about the Troubles. Talk to any Japanese citizen living near Sendai, or about their Chemical Weapons programs in the 1980s. Try to find out if there are any homosexuals living in Iran. Ask the Uzbeks about all of the people in their country that just disappear. Find a man or woman in France that won't spit before saying the word "Vichy." Ask an Argentine about all of those guys who showed up in the late 1940s with German accents.

Talk to anyone, anyone at all, who has lived in South Africa, China, Cuba, Burma, Columbia, Venezuela or Mexico about how honest their government is.

Better yet, try to get a North Korean to actually be honest about the last time they had a real meal.

In the words of Dr. House, "everyone lies." You only hear about the American lies more because you live there and they are the most powerful country on earth.

Welcome to the real world buddy.
edit on 19-7-2012 by ProjectJimmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
Wait, wait the US is one of the FEW governments that lies to her people? What?

First off you missed a few of the absolutely huge times in history that the US federal government has even admitted that they lied, covered up horrible things and killed people. Such as, I don't know, the Tuskegee Experiments, MK-ULTRA, the abuses of the USA PATRIOT act, Iran Contra, and the School of the Americas.

Secondly and most importantly though you say there are only a few countries that do this? That is utterly laughable!

Talk to anyone who lived on the other side of the Iron Curtain during the Cold War about the lies they were fed. Ask any Northern Irish Catholic about the Troubles. Talk to any Japanese citizen living near Sendai, or about their Chemical Weapons programs in the 1980s. Try to find out if there are any homosexuals living in Iran. Ask the Uzbeks about all of the people in their country that just disappear. Find a man or woman in France that won't spit before saying the word "Vichy." Ask an Argentine about all of those guys who showed up in the late 1940s with German accents.

Talk to anyone, anyone at all, who has lived in South Africa, China, Cuba, Burma, Columbia, Venezuela or Mexico about how honest their government is.

Better yet, try to get a North Korean to actually be honest about the last time they had a real meal.

In the words of Dr. House, "everyone lies." You only hear about the American lies more because you live there and they are the most powerful country on earth.

Welcome to the real world buddy.
edit on 19-7-2012 by ProjectJimmy because: (no reason given)

That my friends was a "long winded" way of saying the OP is full is bullpucky I believe.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

It was also a bit of a cheeky way of conveying my surprise that American Exceptionalism extends even to conspiracy theories too

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Ya I think your right. But they do seem more grandeous. Like the moon landing, or 9/11? come on? Like anyone who can top that should get the nobel peace prise.

edit on 19-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Your statement is based on an assumption of debatable facts. A little disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
dont forget the brits the 7/7 bombings in london watch the ripple affect madrid train bombings YOU ARE NOT ALONE

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

I bet I know what happened too....They were having either a G20 or a Bilderburg meeting. They were a little drunnk and they were like. "I want everyone to get in on this little contest. Okay whoever can put on the biggest and most crazy tarrar attack in there country wins this advanced satelite technology. Plus well get an all expense paid vacation to planet Niburu to meet the leader of the Grays himself. Okay who wants in?"

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Oh dont forget we caused the black plauge.....oh wait the US was not in existence then...damn who will we blame that on then......hmmmm lets see.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

you must have insider info bud tony bla bla bla blair was meeting george bush & pals at gleneagles things were getting a little mad on the streets then booomb & just by luck they happened to have a drill running on that day with ambulances round the corner .would you buy a return ticket when going to blow yourself up all 4 did

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Ya I think your right. But they do seem more grandeous. Like the moon landing, or 9/11? come on? Like anyone who can top that should get the nobel peace prise.

edit on 19-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

Those two possible conspiracies are hotly debatable and require a high level of proof to be believed by the average person. In reality though, there is no exceptional quality to the lies the US Government has admitted to telling its people, they are the kind of evil that most governments are guilty of.

While this makes them no less heinous, in fact in my opinion the worse for America does always assume a place of moral superiority in whatever they undertake, it is what happens. Governments lie to their people. The idea goes all the way back to Plato and the idea of the Noble Lie. In "The Republic" he espouses that if certain classes in a divided society believe in the noble nature of their government, they are more likely to support it and be more loyal citizens, despite any evil their government may undertake. It is one of the fundamental ideas of Western society, but one that very few people actively factor into their decision making processes.

The biggest lie ever told to the people of the United States is that of "The American Dream." It's why so many are willing to look the other way when something goes wrong or they are down and out.

new topics

top topics

join