It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalists revolt against Obama-Romney censorship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Note to mods; I don't know why but the ex-text button is not working, so I am using the quote button instead. I will attribute each ex-text with the URL it comes from.

RT News

The New York Times and LA Times editors are changing the rules for their journalists on quote approval. This news comes after months of discussions with policymakers and attempts to break the draconian censorship set by the camps of both presidential contenders. On Monday The New York Times finally broke the silence and openly admitted that the Obama campaign grants interviews "under one major condition: the press office has veto power over what statements can be quoted and attributed by name."

So it looks bad for our man from Illinois (?)

However let's check out the opposition

RT News

According to the same article, Romney advisors do practically the same. The Times reveals that the presumptive Republican nominee’s camp requires that "reporters ask them for the green light on anything from a conversation that they would like to include in an article." Journalists who refuse to follow these rules lose their sources.

Not good for the guy from Michigan either.

What is it about the Midwest that makes these guys so secretive? That was rhetorical and tongue in cheek if you missed it.

What was it that Jefferson said about a free press? Well, I guess that doesn't matter anymore huh?

Suddenly Ron Paul looks a little (lot) better. I mean we got this sort of treatment from W. after 911. Did some buildings fall that I don't know about?

Some will say that this is in case one of them makes a slip up, and it is understandable. I say it is because these guys are both cut from the same slimy mold. Somehow I would feel dirty if I voted for one of these two guys, and after hearing this, you should too.

BTW, I did a quick search on this and didn't find anything. But then again I just got off work and didn't want to make this an Olympic event.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Great find! Fantastic really! Star and flag!
It looks like this is it, Ron Paul is beating the system again with the amount of supporters of liberty and opponents of tyranny springing up anew everyday as people are beginning to wake up!
The revolution is upon us, ladies and gentlemen.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">

That is all...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It would be comical what this country has become, if it weren't such a tragedy.

Anyway, I thought I should point out that you can use "[e x]" and "[ / e x]" to make the tag work. (I had to put spaces in between the letters so that it didn't act like the actual tag).
edit on 7/19/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/19/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Anyway, I thought I should point out that you can use "[e x]" and "[ / e x]" to make the tag work.

Thanks. I can read code if I see it but it was late enough last night I didn't want to hunt down a previous example, and I have been off ATS for six months - a little out of practice.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

I'd do the same thing. Otherwise you could have a journalist come in and look for ways to misrepresent quotes. If you wouldn't do this you are stupid. If you want an interview with me I am going to make sure you aren't biased. These are not public debates.

new topics

top topics

join