It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a major world changing event happened that wasn't stagged how would we even know about it???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Say there was a major event that happened. Something that would change life on planet earth as we know it. Or something so incredible that peoples perspective of reality would immediately change.

For example. Say some UFO came down about D.C. Then an alien came out and announced to everyone that they were just passing threw the area and they thought they'd just stop in for the weekend. After they would be gone likely forever.

Or say an pandemic started and people were getting sick and dying.

Or say a meteor struck the earth, which caused all kinds of damage from sanomies to atmospheric changes etc etc.

What dawned on me just now is how would we actually know if the g0v and main stream media didn't want us to know. Because they'd immediately launch a story about it downplaying it as just a minor incident. And how we had nothing to worry about. And how regardless of what people saying on youtube, the official story for it is "X" and that's all we need to understand or worry about.

Do you think people would be able to see past the vale of main stream media in a major life changing event? Would we just have reality handed to us? Or would people actually know what's going on in time to perpare and take precautions before the incident started to affect there lives???

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
When major storms such as the one that hit new york today, which was in a triple digit heat wave, gets hit with ice cube size hail, when the media doesn't report stuff like this, we know its not staged, because they weren't prepared to report on it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I would suggest that if the news media people and government officials seem calm, cool and collected while telling us it's all under control, then it's a complete show and a crock.

If they look as shocked as we'd all feel and obviously dealing with the same thing every human would be at a time like that, well......the time's come and here we go.

When there is a storm predicted and the weatherman moves right on through with a smile? Heck..I might or might not even prepare for a rain shower. If he looks like someone just killed his cat and foreclosed his home all in the same morning, I'm confirming a clear path to our shelter...just in case.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Still unfair..
edit on 19-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Like if you look at the events of:

9/11
2009 North Korean nuclear test
YU55 asteroid
Fucashema
Arizona lights

There's just a few that were downplayed to seem like nothing. And they at least didn't seem to earth changing. But that's only because that's what we were told. So something major happens, and we're likely gonna be told it's nothing, and not to worry about it. Unless it's stagged of course. If it's stagged then we have to worry to death. Then we have to check every night under our bed to make sure bin lay din and al cia duhh isn't hiding under there and to give up our guns and rights as a way to save us from the end of the world.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Maybe they went in and stole all there money. But maybe for you it's for the best.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
If the event robbed us of even more freedom, then I would say it was staged.

If the event happened on US soil, then that would leave no doubt.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
This thread has already show that no matter what happens some people are going to think it was staged.

As for us in the media, we're not told if something is "fake" and usually when we're in an emergency, or otherwise in harm's way such as battlefield reporting, there isn't always time to get the facts relayed back to the office before we go on the air. Take for instance reporting on Libya last year. I was over there, on the crews and as our reporter relayed information live, it was the first the anchors back home were hearing about it too. We report from the scene in a crisis and we are not given scripts at all.

The issue of the calm and collected nature of a journalist was mentioned, that is not because we know something you don't at all. It is because we are professionals.

A lot of journalists are killed in the line of duty ever year, if we were in on hidden information, we would probably all get to come home to our family and friends instead.

Good people die to bring you the news. Good people die to keep you safe too. The least you the viewer and the citizen can do is think critically instead of labeling everything that ever happens part of some plot against you.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

I think the only independant reporting going on anymore is in alternative media, like the alex jones show. The rest are just teleprompter readers reading what comes over the news wire. As that's shared as the official story that the establishment wants news people to regergitate. That's why whenever I watch main stream media what you do is you watch and if the story seems fishy then you know that what actually happened was the complete opposite of what is being told.

new topics

top topics

join