It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Worlds" that have already ended before December 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
A lot of people confuse the term "End of the World" with "Destruction of Planet Earth or something grossly similar"...which is downright silly...but perhaps this thinking is in the mindset of people's subconscious because the word "Doomsday" or the movie 2012 or any other disaster flick / book (Left Behind?) / etc - that is swirling around in an individual or collective subconscious.

Look it up on Merriam-Webster...many definitions, but look at the etymology. WORLD = human existence. It DOES NOT mean planet or anything geographical per se. Just human existence. And this is different for everyone, because while we can have shared experiences / cultures and different "group memberships" (Especially in the age of virtual groups) ultimately, the "World" for each one of us is different.

In a broader definition, yes there is a global world culture that has endured for thousands of years...and this is ending too,...but from my perspective, in a way that pretty much (99%+) no one expects, but that is another story.

So anyway...got that out of the way...so maybe it would be interesting to hear people's lists of what or whose "world" has already ended -- in a significant way -- (And a new "reality / world" created in the last few years)

Here's some from my list:

1) Citizens of many North African / Middle Eastern nations -- Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Bahrain (In progress), and now Syria. Due to (violent) collapse of ruling party, and other frequent protests/demonstration.

2) College graduates / Youth in Europe / USA - who believed in a world of opportunity, but are finding out degree or not, jobs aren't so easy to come by, never mind their chosen field of study -- more true in some nations than others -- like 50% youth unemployment (Under 25) in Spain.

www.alaskadispatch.com...

3) Greece citizens ...and various groups of citizens from select EU nations. PIIGS.

4) People having to work longer -- their dreams of retirement shattered...due to financial conditions, home equity wiped out, etc...(sense of financial security and increasing wealth)

5) "Fantasy" pensions / salaries (Of overpaid firefighters, police officers / public (safety) employees, etc..) in various bankrupt or near bankrupt US cities (San Bernardino, Stockton, soon to be Compton,California, Harrisburg, PA, etc...)

This article is July 14, 2012 --- Scranton, PA
www.guardian.co.uk...

"The city coffers are virtually empty and its debts are huge. Last week the pay packets of all its municipal workers – including firemen, police and the mayor – were slashed to the minimum wage of $7.25 (£4.70) an hour."

6) Iranian citizens - various economic sanctions wreaking havoc on everyday life...

7) Japan Tsunami victims and those living near Fukushima, and various other large disaster victims....

8) RIM and Nokia employees being laid off due to runaway Apple iPhone / iPad success (Hah!) Say -- why is Apple #1 in market cap at the end of 2012? ;-) ....mythology anyone?

9) Future generations (Due to massive money printing) -- let me not hear people saying "It's for the / our children" any longer.....liars! NEver mind environmental destruction...

that's what comes to mind for the moment...what say you?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
What about Native Americans?They flourished in North America for thousands of years.During that time,several civilizations came and went.The Pueblos,Anasazi,Cahokians,all had large cities and advanced cultures.They vanished and no one knows why.More recently there was the Comanche.Apache,Hopi,Sioux,Cherokee,Seminole,and many other tribes whose world ended at the hand of the White man.Sure,some of those tribes still exist on Reservations,and many of their descendants have integrated into modern America,but the world in which they once lived is no more.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Good clarification. I think the end of the "world" simply means that the way we live on this planet will change. What that change entices is yet unknown, but personally I am ready for change on a large scale, quite honestly regardless of good or bad change. I, like many other people want more answers and a chance to break free of the BS lifestyle that people are forced and raised into. Money, left-brained education, lies, war, blah blah its all nonsense and many people are trying to break free of it. We need something that will shine light on the real things that we need to focus on. (real is a concept that I believe is still misunderstood.)
Eh sorry, I rant. Good clarification like I said.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dontneedaname

There is no future for mankind, is it a legit statement?

I think it is.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Those are lives, not worlds.

When a person's individual life has been ruined, that doesn't necessarally mean the world has. Of course it depends on your point of view...

Someone's career, salary, working hours, or destroyed retirement is not a world. It is a life.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Great points.

I believe it is the most irresponsible and selfish and ignorant thing someone could do today, to bring a child into this world. Really. You either have your head in the sand, or you are delusional.

The truth will come raining down very hard on a lot of people, and all the naysayers who labeled us "negative people" as conspiracy nuts will be one day woken up very rudely. Lies upon lies and more lies for those lies...that can only carry on for so long.

It will come.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

Great Points.

I believe it is the most irresponsible and selfish and ignorant thing someone could do today, to bring a child into this world. Really. You either have your head in the sand, or you are delusional.

The truth will come raining down very hard on a lot of people, and all the naysayers who labeled us "negative people" as conspiracy nuts will be one day woken up very rudely. Lies upon lies and more lies for those lies...that can only carry on for so long.

It will come.
So you think we should not continue the species due to the mismanagement of people that we have put into power? What a brilliant idea. Why didn't I think of that. I mean, WOW.

Can you sense my sarcasm yet?

See it's just this sort of attitude which is the reason that things will not change.

-saige-

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Humanity likes to place itself above and separate from everything.

There is one world. It has not ended.

There is one race of people on it. They are killing this planet.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Philosorapter

What he/she means is it is the end of the world as we knew it.

There is no denying that things are much different now.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by saige45

Great Points.

It will come.
So you think we should not continue the species due to the mismanagement of people that we have put into power? What a brilliant idea. Why didn't I think of that. I mean, WOW.

Can you sense my sarcasm yet?

See it's just this sort of attitude which is the reason that things will not change.

-saige-

Let the uber-rich populate the planet. They use the majority's children to fuel their cheap labor mills and factories. They would be in crisis like you wouldn't believe if people cut off their supply. That is the one power people have over them, really. People do not have children to "benefit our species" anyway. It's so much of an accident or a game or "Let's play mommy and daddy" that it's a tragedy they are allowed to have kids. Most people can't take good care of themselves, yet they breed like rabbits. Nobody stops and thinks about what it might be like for their child. They don't try to "forecast the future living conditions."

Let me guess....you've had kids and took offense to my post, but you just couldn't say that. Instead, you tell us of your bewilderment and sort of express that my idea is non-sense. I know what will get worse as the population increases: the wages. The more people, the more the supply, the cheaper the price of the labor.

While it would be incredibly difficult (I'll just say impossible) to get the masses to stop having children as sort of a protest to living conditions, then they could bargain with the uber rich, like that old hag wanna be 'queen' in Europe who gets 30 million spending money just for her "special blood." Let HER have all the kids and let HER kids work at McDonald's and washing cars and cutting grass. Imagine that scenario, if it could happen. Maybe they would see that things suck at the bottom. They don't see that now. They are too disconnected from the bottom.

By stopping having children, you are cutting off the lifeblood of the parasitic mega-rich. Without them, they are without a workforce. That would create major social change. They would either be forced to improve our conditions using the money they stole from us, OR they could face the burden of continuing our species on their own. There are enough of them to do that. In the event of a world catastrophe, they would leave us all to perish ANYWAY, and be forced to do the same. This is assuming they don't have a cloning farm underground, already.

Instead of being confused by my idea and offended because you (probably) have kids, ....well, never mind. I realize my idea would be very difficult for you to accept. Carry on.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42Let the uber-rich populate the planet. They use the majority's children to fuel their cheap labor mills and factories. They would be in crisis like you wouldn't believe if people cut off their supply. That is the one power people have over them, really. People do not have children to "benefit our species" anyway. It's so much of an accident or a game or "Let's play mommy and daddy" that it's a tragedy they are allowed to have kids. Most people can't take good care of themselves, yet they breed like rabbits. Nobody stops and thinks about what it might be like for their child. They don't try to "forecast the future living conditions."

Let me guess....you've had kids and took offense to my post, but you just couldn't say that. Instead, you tell us of your bewilderment and sort of express that my idea is non-sense. I know what will get worse as the population increases: the wages. The more people, the more the supply, the cheaper the price of the labor.

While it would be incredibly difficult (I'll just say impossible) to get the masses to stop having children as sort of a protest to living conditions, then they could bargain with the uber rich, like that old hag wanna be 'queen' in Europe who gets 30 million spending money just for her "special blood." Let HER have all the kids and let HER kids work at McDonald's and washing cars and cutting grass. Imagine that scenario, if it could happen. Maybe they would see that things suck at the bottom. They don't see that now. They are too disconnected from the bottom.

By stopping having children, you are cutting off the lifeblood of the parasitic mega-rich. Without them, they are without a workforce. That would create major social change. They would either be forced to improve our conditions using the money they stole from us, OR they could face the burden of continuing our species on their own. There are enough of them to do that. In the event of a world catastrophe, they would leave us all to perish ANYWAY, and be forced to do the same. This is assuming they don't have a cloning farm underground, already.

Instead of being confused by my idea and offended because you (probably) have kids, ....well, never mind. I realize my idea would be very difficult for you to accept. Carry on.
So then should I continue with my alleged confusion and bewilderment; and remain supposedly offended because my tongue in cheek response was taken as such.

Do not take my short and simple retort as an overall gauge of critical thinking skills. Please tell me you are not that short-sighted.

In response to your latest post. So you feel that the only way to motivate the super-rich or super elite would be to stop reproducing and you have made some valid points. How about we give the government the power to regulate child-birth, as they do in China. Oh right, the Chinese don't control their government; They live in a communist state. But even still that would be wrong, that is giving the government power.

Power is given; it is not created. When you submit, you are giving power. Money does not represent power. Money is given power because people submit to its proposed value as an absolute. Since people submit to proposed value of money, they then submit to the proposed value of whatever service or good they are attempting to purchase. Ultimately, it is the ideology that worldly possessions have value that leads to distress between what are generalized as classes.

So then what do I propose, try teaching people to be more self-sufficient. Try teaching people to be more reliant on what the can do with their own hands as opposed to depending upon what others can do for them with theirs. Does this mean that you should not care about your neighbor, so to speak, or show compassion for the weak; Goodness no. What it does mean though, is that we should stop depending on what others dictate as a necessity.

When mankind learns that there is no value in worldly possessions, mankind will truly reach a new level of enlightenment.

By the way, since you were wondering, yes I do have children. Two, as a matter of fact, and I am blessed by their existence every day. In that, they are my legacy and the only possessions of mine that are truly valuable.

-saige-
edit on 19-7-2012 by saige45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by linknumbernine

I agree with you.. I would just like to know the real history of this planet.. all the history TPTB have hid from us.. just the true history all the good bad and ugly.. but the truth.. not the made up # they feed us.. I do not understand why they do not want us to know.. what can be so bad... what does it matter if we are not from this planet or there are others that live among us... Hummmm

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye

There is no future for mankind, is it a legit statement?

I think it is.

Yes from my perspective as well, but with a big twist. But one would have to know "my" definition of MAN. or woMAN or MANkind. Not in one fell swoop or catastrophe, but over a relatively short period of time. MANkind will be allowed to die out, just as Homoerectus, Ergaster, Neanderthal, etc....

"MAN the caterpillar, will be replaced by those wo(MEN) who CHOOSE (or have been choosing over many lives) to evolve into immortal butterflies"

Human Butterfly Video Clips (Embedding doesn't seem to work.....not sure why)
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Does anyone realize the significance of the fraud behind human cloning reported at the end of 2005?

South Korean Human cloning fraud
www.youtube.com...

Why can't humans be cloned when more and more animals can be....

List of cloned animals
en.wikipedia.org...

Tetra, The Cloned Monkey - CBS News -
www.cbsnews.com...

Not to be confused with this news in 2011:

Cloned human embryo makes working stem cells
www.nature.com...

"It is not the end-all experiment that scientists aiming to create embryonic stem cells have been hoping for — the embryos are not true clones, because the DNA of the stem-cell line does not match that of the patient who donated cells — but it is a step in that direction and addresses some of the problems that have flummoxed experiments."

edit on 20-7-2012 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
thats a shopping list of destruction. To place it in perspective make a shopping list of events from 20 or 30 years ago. Todays events look bad but they may not be completely irregular with history. Dramatic intro howeever nicely done!

posted on Aug, 30 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Great points.

I believe it is the most irresponsible and selfish and ignorant thing someone could do today, to bring a child into this world. Really. You either have your head in the sand, or you are delusional..

Under different circumstances, yes. Especially when your social life is more important than your children to the point you refuse to be a decent parent. I know someone who has just lost her kids and refuses to have visiting.. you would think is was a father, no, it was the mother...

Perfect example of what you have just said. I'm sure she is doing it because of her social life and nothing else... Pathetic and there would be plenty more moron parents doing the same thing. I agree with you because of examples like that... But with that, I know there are great parents who put there kids first and they are the ones who deserve to have them.

If your talking about the world in general, I agree... Its a sh!thole and nokid should have to be brainwashed into it

edit on 30-8-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join