It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Loves Iran campaign says "Give Peace A Chance"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The only people who can stop war are soldiers not people. The government will just override anything we try to do to stop them and if we fall out of line they will just use homeland security on us.

how many people were not opposed to the iraq war?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It's a wonderful dream and if it were possible it would be great.

How is a Facebook page going to get Ali Khamenei, Supreme Leader of Iran to change his religious and cultural beliefs? Not only does he believe that the Jews are the product of men mating with animals, he believes it's his destiny to wipe them off the face of the planet. Will a Facebook page change his mind?

Those things don't come from me and Khamenei has never made a secret of his beliefs. Propagandists like to pretend otherwise, but that is the reality. Khamenei believes he is serving God if he commits genocide against the Jews and he has absolute control over Iran.

Wonderful idea, but as naive as I was in the sixties and seventies when I protested for world peace without a clue what the world was like. We can call for peace all we wish, but that won't change the facts, nor will it change the minds of radical Islam or Khamenei. They want the Jews dead and that's the end of subject for them. They also want to place the whole world under a Theocratic Dictatorship under their rule. That is their goal and they don't care much about Facebook pages.

A person can live in a fantasy world where it's all peaches and cream or live in reality. If we live in a fantasy world it makes it easier for evil people to destroy us. Look what they have done to the Muslims for hundreds of years.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Apathy

ap·a·thy [ap-uh-thee] noun, plural ap·a·thies.

1.) Absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement

2.) Lack of interest in or concern for things that others find moving or exciting.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Many Israelis have gone to prison for refusing to serve in the IDF which often shoots stone throwing school children. There are groups of former IDF soldiers who have gone public with art and movies and even a war museum, documenting the atrocities and genocide that has been done for the sake of the state.

I applaud them for the courage and honesty it takes for a real human being to make peace which himself, his country and his brother-the enemy.

I pray that all of the good that there is left in Israel will rise up with one voice to say-STOP the killing.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by sonnny1

It's a wonderful dream and if it were possible it would be great.

How is a Facebook page going to get Ali Khamenei, Supreme Leader of Iran to change his religious and cultural beliefs? Not only does he believe that the Jews are the product of men mating with animals, he believes it's his destiny to wipe them off the face of the planet. Will a Facebook page change his mind?

Those things don't come from me and Khamenei has never made a secret of his beliefs. Propagandists like to pretend otherwise, but that is the reality. Khamenei believes he is serving God if he commits genocide against the Jews and he has absolute control over Iran.

Wonderful idea, but as naive as I was in the sixties and seventies when I protested for world peace without a clue what the world was like. We can call for peace all we wish, but that won't change the facts, nor will it change the minds of radical Islam or Khamenei. They want the Jews dead and that's the end of subject for them. They also want to place the whole world under a Theocratic Dictatorship under their rule. That is their goal and they don't care much about Facebook pages.

A person can live in a fantasy world where it's all peaches and cream or live in reality. If we live in a fantasy world it makes it easier for evil people to destroy us. Look what they have done to the Muslims for hundreds of years.

I think the article was quite clear in defining the difference between the multifarious agendas of governments and the unfettered ideals of "people" in general.

Also, there are plenty of radical Jews with extremist views, propaganda and agendas just as there are Khameneis.

There are many institutions, civilian and governmental that seek to usurp whatever freedom and wealth there is in the world.

Why stereotype the conflict and the constant struggle we all have by focusing on one of many conflicts between parties?

It almost seems that your statement defines some justification for hatred.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

I think many forget, that the Iranians, are also doing this too. Its not just a grassroots effort, on the Israel side.
Thats the best part. Both sides, are activly supporting this, and are risking their freedoms, at home, to do it.

I applaud them for it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Apathy

ap·a·thy [ap-uh-thee] noun, plural ap·a·thies.

1.) Absence or suppression of passion, emotion, or excitement

2.) Lack of interest in or concern for things that others find moving or exciting.

What was this directed at exactly?

reply to post by sonnny1

Yea, well people generally don't want to be bombed, and I wager people are sick of watching other people getting bombed. So if people are waking up, then I say good. But what of the governments forcing war on their people, as is always the case in all wars.

A government can do anything to peddle fear, doesn't matter what side you stand, each government does it. I would like to finally see a populace immune to this.
edit on 19-7-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

A government can do anything to peddle fear, doesn't matter what side you stand, each government does it. I would like to finally see a populace immune to this.

Absolutely. But, being cynical, or apathetic to it, defeats the purpose of it, right ?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm not being apathetic, or cynical to peace, or the want of peace from the populations of Iran & Israel.

I am cynical of the war-hawk political leaders and their demagoguing, instigating and other nonsense. Something needs to be done about this before we can truly live in peace. If all it takes is for all the people to rise up to share their want of peace with each other, I will sit back and be quiet and let it happen. But leaders and pundits will continue to spew, and there always needs to be a counter to it. Love thy neighbor, but you have to tell the other neighbor to stop yelling, first.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I recall reading something similar ago awhile back like probably winter spring ish about this

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

If all it takes is for all the people to rise up to share their want of peace with each other, I will sit back and be quiet and let it happen.

That might be one of the problems, actually. Sitting back "quietly", and letting it happen.

That's why this is amazing. People are not being quiet, about what they feel, and are voicing it.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

edit on 19-7-2012 by neo96 because: nevermind

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

If all it takes is for all the people to rise up to share their want of peace with each other, I will sit back and be quiet and let it happen.

That might be one of the problems, actually. Sitting back "quietly", and letting it happen.

That's why this is amazing. People are not being quiet, about what they feel, and are voicing it.

That is not what I meant, I am not "sitting back quietly and letting it happen". I was referring to how I would not "put down" the movement for peace or criticize it for being worthless. I am particularly at the opposite of that spectrum of "being quiet" actually, and I continually give my opinion on all matters too "warry" even if I have to be a fly in the ointment for doing so.

I encourage all Israeli and Iranian people to express their want for peace. The world is too small now. It is digital, you can talk and organize in minutes with people around the world. Virtually everyone is a next door neighbor in that respect. So there is no excuse not to get your voice heard.

Expressing your opinion and want for change is too easy now. Even when you think no one is listening; which is typically the biggest indicator that you need to continue doing so.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
this made me smile, inside out.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv
this made me smile, inside out.

No doubt Sam.

It is humanity, in all its greatness.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Beautiful. I don't have facebook, but i will give likes to every youtube video i see of this. People say that it will never change anything, maybe. Then again, if it gives hope to the thousands of people that watch such videos (like me) then imo it is more than worth it. What a beautiful gesture. I think this is something that can help people wake up. After the history between these two for how long? This is one of the most heartwarming things i've seen in a while. It really does give me hope, so in that sense, it has already changed something. Thank you for sharing this OP.

*One* Love.

not to mention...

Peace. ~

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm a member of this site however many photos of Israelis and Iranians are in fact Israelis and Persian Jews!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm a member of this site however many photos of Israelis and Iranians are in fact Israelis and Persian Jews!

Does it matter, Blue?

edit on 19-7-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah it does, I'd like to see more Israelis meet up with Iranians of other faiths

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah it does, I'd like to see more Israelis meet up with Iranians of other faiths

Sorry, but there alot of REAL Iranians, sharing in this also.

You cant just paint a broad brush that the feelings are ONLY coming from "Persian Jews".

Unless, that's how you want to paint it. With a dividing line, by ethnicity.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join