It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Loves Iran campaign says "Give Peace A Chance"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Tel Aviv - With the threat of an Israeli attack against Iran over that country's nuclear program gaining strength, a group of Israelis is sending out the message 'Israel Loves Iran' and they are getting the same message back from Iranians.

Tel Aviv graphic designer Ronny Edry and his wife Michal Tamirm started up a Facebook group back in March to try to bridge the distance between Israel and Iran and since then their campaign has taken off. The Facebook page now has nearly 70 thousand 'likes'. A similar Facebook page has also sprung up, titled Iran Loves Israel, and has collected more than 20 thousand 'likes'. Edry's YouTube videos have had hundreds of thousands of viewers.

To the Iranian people To all the fathers, mothers, children, brothers and sisters For there to be a war between us, first we must be afraid of each other, we must hate. I'm not afraid of you, I don't hate you.~ Ronny Edry

Israel Loves Iran campaign says "Give Peace A Chance"

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Its good to see this happening. Maybe, the People of BOTH Countries, can unite, for the common good of all. War is not the answer, People.

This says it all.....

There is also an online campaign to nominate Edry and his wife for the Nobel Peace Prize that has 480 signatures so far. Edry says, "That's funny, that's not why I do it. But if it helps to spread the message then that is okay. We have to make peace together, my main issue is reopening the minds of the Middle East to peace."

I agree.

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The time has come for mankind to realize that government and the people do not share the same ideas. Its time to step up and let the world now that we all want peace and its the directors of the armies of the world and the propaganda media machines that is tilting and brainwashing opinions causing multi-billion dollar murder campaigns and not the people who live in the nations who have their tax dollars stolen from them to feed this blood feast.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
The time has come for mankind to realize that government and the people do not share the same ideas. Its time to step up and let the world now that we all want peace and its the directors of the armies of the world and the propaganda media machines that is tilting and brainwashing opinions causing multi-billion dollar murder campaigns and not the people who live in the nations who have their tax dollars stolen from them to feed this blood feast.

Well said

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I think MANY have the same feeling. With all the doom and gloom, on ATS recently, this message, is like fresh air, between these two Nations. I would hope, and pray, it catches on.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
S & F

Maybe if we all learn to start talking to each other instead of blaming and point fingers at each other then we may have a chance as a species.

Just a thought.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The beauty of using Facebook to broker peace is that, instead of diplomatic couriers who are agents of governments who can destroy the world with the push of a button, if all goes to hell and peace falls apart, the push of button is nothing more than un-friending the other. Sure it stings a little, but a hell of a lot better than that other button.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
S & F

Maybe if we all learn to start talking to each other instead of blaming and point fingers at each other then we may have a chance as a species.

Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'd sure agree that the normal people who are raising families and just trying to make it week to week don't want this war. I don't think any of us want war. Tehran, Tel Aviv or Washington...Normal people who are sane don't want another one, for certain.

It takes leaders to do these things in almost every case and isn't it just so handy that they seem to have a standing practice of avoiding the deliberate targeting of each other? That's wearing a bit thin lately and all bets are off when the war is over and a side has won but funny how it's the normal people who do the dying.

I'm not anti-war on principle. Far from it. I'm anti-THIS war. Not again....I hope this campaign takes hold. Perhaps both of those nations need a little regime changing 100% from within their own populations, doing it for themselves.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Great thread btw sonny
some jews really want peace with Iran .. i know that
and Iran already have 30 000 jews living peacefully inside the country
so its possible .. but for that we need all players at the meeting table to sit down

Peace will have a chance soon
because so far i dont see the UN coming with a peace threaty
Kofi tried but in vain

The real peace deal with happen on this 21 december

I believe with all my heart and soul that after this 21 december
we will enter the Age of Enlightment
no more doom and gloom

edit on 7/19/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

S & F

Just a thought.

I agree
thats why you have me in your friend list and i have you

even if we majorly disagree sometime
we will always be able to talk and can put aside our differences

people really need to be able to talk with each others
we cant let the negative energy invade everybody souls all the time
edit on 7/19/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Thanks Ben.

For now, I like whats happening at the grassroots level. The average person, who just wants Peace, is just like this guy. He has no qualms with the Iranians. The best Part? The Iranians, who feel, just like him, have answered. I would have to say, the Majority of both Nations, feel the same way. Its time for change. Maybe this is the spark.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
A saying (?)

"What if they gave a war and nobody came?"

A nice bit of news.
S&F

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is good stuff....but unless the people of both countries kick out the devils in their political system, nothing will change.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

S & F

Just a thought.

This is amazing propaganda if it is propaganda.

" We wont bomb you Iran" but in the tone of the U.s.s Liberty, Israelis will be 'bombed' by 'Iranians". Oh well, at least Israel tried. Now bomb the living cuss out of them till their children boil on the sidewalks.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Half empty, or half full.

I would like to think half full..........

Imagine if this takes hold ? Im hoping it does, and not a shot fired, is the result.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

" We wont bomb you Iran" but in the tone of the U.s.s Liberty, Israelis will be 'bombed' by 'Iranians". Oh well, at least Israel tried. Now bomb the living cuss out of them till their children boil on the sidewalks.

Well,its the nicest propaganda, Ive seen, coming out of both countries, in a long time.

If only this rhetoric, was in a full frenzy. That's the whole point of the campaign, Shadow.......

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

You know people have to start someplace.
It's good to see you doing your part.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Sonny, thanks for starting such a refreshing thread.

I love this message between the citizens of these countries. Like has been said previously, when it comes to the citizens of a country, most just want peace and to live their lives and raise their families.

Just because the leaders and politicians want a war, we can see that the average people that make up the countries don't and hope that their leaders are more open to hearing them and doing what is in the peoples best interest.

I really hope that this picks up more speed and continues to spread. It is such a lovely message that both are sending!

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glencairn
Sonny, thanks for starting such a refreshing thread.

I love this message between the citizens of these countries. Like has been said previously, when it comes to the citizens of a country, most just want peace and to live their lives and raise their families.

Just because the leaders and politicians want a war, we can see that the average people that make up the countries don't and hope that their leaders are more open to hearing them and doing what is in the peoples best interest.

I really hope that this picks up more speed and continues to spread. It is such a lovely message that both are sending!

Take care,
Cindi

Thanks for taking the time, to chime in, and read it.

I also hope this picks up more speed. With all the rhetoric of War, the hatred flooding ATS, it is refreshing to see and read a good story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join