It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Made Clouds Block the Sun!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The planet is hot and getting hotter. But while most plans to use geoengineering to alter the weather have been rather hypothetical, now a pair of Harvard engineers have announced that they intend to spray thousands of tons of particles into the sky to block the sun's rays—within the coming year.

gizmodo.com...

This is honestly the first I heard from this..

Don't want to read?? Here's a hearty fun review of the topic (Love these guys. Great online show)

edit on 18-7-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Dont worry, the chemtrail debunkers will be here shortly. They're gonna feed you all types of NON-SENSE; try to give you some scientific mumbo-jumbo.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
People will thank them later..... I hope they do it here, n bring some wind while they're at it. 2 chill days this week is unacceptable..... heat makes me lazy

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Has it crossed anyone's mind (these guys in the story, not least of which) that within the last year, no small number have been suggesting the possibility of cooling and the reverse problem as a long term problem? I wonder how badly screwed, for lack of a better term, we'd find ourselves if they do this, it works, and the people fearing an overall COOLING happened to be correct. Just call me Frosty the Rabbit I suppose.

Just maybe, screwing with a system we're only starting to grasp the complexity of simply because computers can do math that seems to show outcomes are likely is a bad idea. I'd like to think we understand the planetary weather a whole lot better before trying to alter it for real.

That goes for all the nation's. China openly said they wanted it to rain for the dust then be nice for the games...at least they were open about using artificial means at the time. Not a good idea... Nature isn't nice when angry. Ask Noah.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
Dont worry, the chemtrail debunkers will be here shortly. They're gonna feed you all types of NON-SENSE; try to give you some scientific mumbo-jumbo.

I doubt they will racing in here, simply because unlike most all chem trail threads...this one actually has some current information that could be perceived as factual.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
During the grounding of the planes over the American skies on 911 had drastic changes on climate.

The grounding of planes for three days in the United States after September 11, 2001 provided a rare opportunity for scientists to study the effects of contrails on climate forcing. Measurements showed that without contrails, the local diurnal temperature range (difference of day and night temperatures) was about 1 °C (1.8 °F) higher than immediately before;
The diurnal temperature range (DTR) is the difference in the day's highs and lows at any weather reporting station.[11] Travis observed a 1.8 °C (3.24 °F) departure from the two adjacent three-day periods to the 11th–14th.[9] This increase was the largest recorded in 30 years, more than "2 standard deviations away from the mean DTR"[8] ]
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-7-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
They claim it`s similar to what volcanoes do to some effect. I`m wanting to know how long it would last then. Short term. Or sure it makes the hot summer cooler but what about winter.
Blocking the sun would also effect what plants do as well would it not?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

I doubt they will racing in here, simply because unlike most all chem trail threads...this one actually has some current information that could be perceived as factual.

Actually this supports the idea that there are no chemtrials, and you guys have been wrong so far...
They state right in the video that this has “never been tried before”.
If there were any truth to Chemtrails up to this point, then this would not be on the news, and you would not see it being advertised on gizmodo as its obviously been kept a secret up till now.

The fact that there are currently no chemtrails has no bearing whatsoever on the fact that we may someday try this, or that the theory has been floating around for decades.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The earth is gonna do, what the earth is gonna do. We're the ones that have to adapt to her. Not, vice-a-verse. Earth is very diverse, hot and cold is not a strange anomaly. It's what she does. And we're trying to: "Build a smarter planet"? Hmmmmm. Earth needs to create smarter life forms.
The only thing we're building is an uninhabitable planet.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by mileysubet

Actually this supports the idea that there are no chemtrials, and you guys have been wrong so far...
They state right in the video that this has “never been tried before”.
If there were any truth to Chemtrails up to this point, then this would not be on the news, and you would not see it being advertised on gizmodo as its obviously been kept a secret up till now.

The fact that there are currently no chemtrails has no bearing whatsoever on the fact that we may someday try this, or that the theory has been floating around for decades.

That's right...there are NO CHEMTRAILS.
I'm thinking...maybe, we got the wording wrong. Maybe, they are "con"trails.
I don't care what you call them. What i've seen, with my own
has been rather
Especially when i haven't seen a plane in the sky, nor a post on ATS about these "trails"....UNTIL TODAY; after about a 2 month layoff. Pretty ironic. Don't you think? All just a coincidence????

BTW: how many coincidences does one need, to realize.....somethin' ain't right!

new topics

top topics

join