It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update on Ron Paul's Audit the FED bill. *GOOD NEWS*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Congressman Ron Paul’s H.R. 459, our Audit the Fed bill, will be voted on next Tuesday, July 24, 2012.

Here is the kicker:

Audit the Fed will be brought up under a “suspension of the rules.”

So the corrupt and bought out allies of the FED won’t be able to offer ANY amendments to try to water down this bill.

But...

It also means we need two thirds of the House in order to win - instead of just a simple majority.

The good news is we have about 270 co-sponsors (you can find out who, right here: www.ronpaulforums.com...)

BUT!

We need a little over 290 for a mandatory 2/3 requirement to pass this bill because of the special suspension of rules.

Not only do we have to win the house but also the senate, if you want the Federal Reserve SCAM exposed, put your money where your mouth is and make that call, write that letter, and send that email. Make damn sure your senator is on board or you will have no choice but to aggressively campaign against them if they don't feel AUDITS are important for central banks that control the flow of money in this nation.

Find out who your rep is here:
house.gov...

*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

edit on 7/18/2012 by Mirthful Me because: Soliciting...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thank you for the update and info......not sure this won't get a left field thwart, but I have signed the petition.....We can only hope this will come to fruit.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It won't pass.

The Feds aren't the good guys and they have something to hide.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Good to see my rep on that list.

have a feeling this will be killed in the Senate.

Good cop. Bad cop.

I'll let both my Senators know my feelings on it before the Senate vote, though!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Good luck America! I hope to god the federal reserve gets dismantled before too long, hopefully, if this audit gets voted through, ALL of America will see the fed for who they really are.

That is obviously what they do not want. I bet they are lining some pockets with cash right about now.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well, I just did a quick search, and then a quick search on google in regards to the voting record of my rep...

Sponsored and Cosponsored Legislation

Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 - Cosponsor

Repeals the authority of the Comptroller General to carry out an onsite examination of an open insured bank or bank holding company only if the appropriate federal regulatory agency has consented in writing. (Retains the authority of the Comptroller General to audit a federal agency.) Directs the Comptroller General to complete, before the end of 2010, an audit of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and of the federal reserve banks, followed by a detailed report to Congress.

Is this piece only addressing individual federal reserve banks, but not the head? Someone bring some clarity here lol!

John Kline - The Federal Reserve
www.thepoliticalguide.com...

Do you think I should still send him a message? I think I should... I'm actually a little confused as to the reason for this reform...

In one part, it claims retaining the authority of the Comptroller General to audit a federal agency(even though the federal reserve isn't one, right?), but then goes to mention the audit of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, and the federal reserve banks... Do they not understand the difference between federal reserve privately owned bank, or... a federal agency!

While the Fed’s Washington-based Board of Governors is a federal agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act and other government rules, the New York Fed and other regional banks maintain they are separate institutions, owned by their member banks, and not subject to federal restrictions.

www.examiner.com...
great article by the way!
Ok...

Well then... Why are the Fed's washington-based board of governors considered a federal agency?
I'm not suggesting anything, just would like to know... I'm sure there's a reasonable answer.

Why is the Federal Reserve able to escape being subject to the Freedom Of Information Act?
more of the same...

For example, in a recent appearance before the Senate, the following exchange occured between Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke and Senator Bernie Senators:

Senator Sanders: "Will you tell the American people to whom you lent $2.2 trillion of their dollars?"

Chairman Bernanke: "No"

How is this even possible? WTH! I'm sorry, but if the economics of this reality dictate national security and our sustainability... I simply demand that all these questions are answered by the chairman of the private company that we for some dumb reason receive all our money from!!!

Ahhh! ThePoliticalGuide!

I will take this time now, to pimp my own thread that I made today:

Ron Paul Vs. Bernanke... the Last Showdown
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Audit!
edit on 18-7-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: additional question

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Didn't know about this. Found my Congressman was not on the list, so I sent him a good detailed message.

Mike Thompson is a good guy. Members of my family helped him pass a wildlife conservation bill during Bush's reign as President: in fact it was the only wildlife bill passed during his entire presidency.

I made sure to drop their names in the letter too.

edit on 18-7-2012 by ThinkingCap because: ONE MORE O

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It seems to me that the fed is just a fancy name for a central bank, if you whoop it to death in the US, it's still got a strangle hold on 90% of the rest of the global community. You've cut off an arm but not killed the beast. I understand the OP's desires and the desires of subsequent posters but it seems to me one has to put the beast to bed worldwide before it changes the game. To me, it's like the wilder beast calf saying to the wolf who has him in a stranglehold "STOP!...I have a court order that says to make it fair you can only run on two legs!" The rest of the wolf pack will of course want to know if the ruling applies to them. If the "Fed" were an entity unto itself then defeating it would be worthy of a massive celebration but as it stands it's just a manifestation of a much bigger animal...My opinion of course.

ETA...Wilder beast and wolves used to roam long ago lands until lions got the vote

edit on 18-7-2012 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
It seems to me that the fed is just a fancy name for a central bank, if you whoop it to death in the US, it's still got a strangle hold on 90% of the rest of the global community. You've cut off an arm but not killed the beast. I understand the OP's desires and the desires of subsequent posters but it seems to me one has to put the beast to bed worldwide before it changes the game. To me, it's like the wilder beast calf saying to the wolf who has him in a stranglehold "STOP!...I have a court order that says to make it fair you can only run on two legs!" The rest of the wolf pack will of course want to know if the ruling applies to them. If the "Fed" were an entity unto itself then defeating it would be worthy of a massive celebration but as it stands it's just a manifestation of a much bigger animal...My opinion of course.

ETA...Wilder beast and wolves used to roam long ago lands until lions got the vote

So to put it simply, its too hard so you're giving up early?

OK. I guess...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

OK. I guess...

Well...If you have to rationalize it for yourself, that will do as good as anything else. Feel better now?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

OK. I guess...

Well...If you have to rationalize it for yourself, that will do as good as anything else. Feel better now?

If you meant something else, please present it.

Ron Paul first introduced his Audit the FED bill in 1981 and has kept it going for decades. If he had stopped because of defeatists like you, he wouldn't even be near the 2/3 house vote required for an override of the POTUS.

If Ron Paul had given up because of defeatists like you, the FED would still be controlling the money supply behind the scenes with only conspiracy quacks hollering about it with no credibility and no support of the people.

Polls show 51% of the people want to audit the FED, this wouldn't even be a miracle if Ron Paul had stopped in 1981 because of quitters like you.

Go on, complain about how the 'beast' is too big, that it can't be tamed. Lay down and wave your white flag as others pick up your slack, its nothing new anyways.

edit on 19-7-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
House votes on TUESDAY.

If you want this to happen, exercise some WE THE PEOPLE action. call your reps, hold them ACCOUNTABLE.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
They wont find any major violations, here's why

Congress may be interested in Auditing the FED, but notice, if it was as important as they say it is, then they would have done this by now. Fact is, they are giving the FED time to falsify documents and hide/forge as much information as possible. Many in Congress know what the FED does to our money, but are stalling as long as possible to give them time, then when all is ready, they will turn around and scream AUDIT THE FED, knowing good and well what will and wont be found through fraud.

Come on people, If congress did care about keeping the FED honest then they would do what the IRS does to us, and do surprise inspections, or not give them much notice what so ever.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
They wont find any major violations, here's why

Congress may be interested in Auditing the FED, but notice, if it was as important as they say it is, then they would have done this by now. Fact is, they are giving the FED time to falsify documents and hide/forge as much information as possible. Many in Congress know what the FED does to our money, but are stalling as long as possible to give them time, then when all is ready, they will turn around and scream AUDIT THE FED, knowing good and well what will and wont be found through fraud.

Come on people, If congress did care about keeping the FED honest then they would do what the IRS does to us, and do surprise inspections, or not give them much notice what so ever.

Right...as if they GAVE us the uncovering of 16 Trillion dollar secret bailouts to shut us up?

If you knew anything about the FED, you'd know that they are already audited. Hell they have a report every Thursday to show you their books but you wouldn't know that.

One of the great things AUDIT THE FED is going to do is to be able to expose their 'secret meetings' where the meet behind closed doors and centrally plan our monetary policy.

If you read the OP, you'd know that this particular bill will not be WATERED DOWN by rivals of this bill by slipping in tactical amendments to get any real audit of their acts.

This bill was crafted by Ron Paul and will be shining landmark legislation if passed. Republican members of congress is getting along with it because PEOPLE are learning about the FED..

edit on 20-7-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Some surprising names on there. Not so surprised at some names absent. Confused, however, why Barney Frank isn't on there. I thought he'd be all over it.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I have a few questions.

Does anyone here live in or near one of the Federal Reserve's 12 districs? Has anyone here ever actually visited any of the Federal Reserve websites or locations? Has anyone ever taken advantage of the consumer tools, information, free advice and/or council offered by the Fed? If the System was taken down, does anyone know who would regulate our Banks?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl
I have a few questions.

Does anyone here live in or near one of the Federal Reserve's 12 districs? Has anyone here ever actually visited any of the Federal Reserve websites or locations? Has anyone ever taken advantage of the consumer tools, information, free advice and/or council offered by the Fed? If the System was taken down, does anyone know who would regulate our Banks?

Thanks.

The federal reserve doesn't regulate banks.

Although they do regulate money supply and interest rates artificially which can be supplied by the free markets demands. Congress also has the power to create zero debt and zero interest currency.

edit on 23-7-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Its already started, many of those mega rich shareholders have a least 32 Trillion in tax havens

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
House passes Ron Paul’s ‘audit the Fed’ bill
In a move that serves as a capstone to Rep. Ron Paul’s colorful career, the House on Wednesday approved a bill that would let Congress’s chief investigators conduct a full audit of the Federal Reserve’s shrouded decision-making process.
The overwhelming 327-98 vote sends the bill to the Senate where Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, has previously expressed support for an audit — though it’s unclear he’ll carve out time for the legislation this year.
But House passage already marks a high-water mark for those who for years have been pushing for an audit, led by Mr. Paul. The Texas Republican rode the issue to prominence in two different presidential campaigns, and said the bill is a chance for Congress to begin to reclaim the money and banking powers it is given in the Constitution, but had delegated to the Fed.
“It is up to us to reassert ourselves,” Mr. Paul said during floor debate Tuesday.
www.washingtontimes.com...

join