It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun with Pictures

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

You're not using IE (yech) are you? Maybe you have an older version of Adobe or something.

I get the red x box in my work computer sometimes which uses a much older version of windows and doesn't always have the most up to date imaging software but, when I get on my computers at home, I can see the pics just fine (although they take a whole lot longer to upload).

I'll have to look at this thread from that computer when I go back to work on Monday.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I just checked this thread using my work computer which runs on Windows XP and uses IE (yeach!) for web browsing and now I see only the red x box in those posts.

Maybe it has something to do with the older browser or maybe its the IE (yech) that's causing the problem. I guess I won't be able to slim down my photo album after all.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

You're not using IE (yech) are you? Maybe you have an older version of Adobe or something.

I get the red x box in my work computer sometimes which uses a much older version of windows and doesn't always have the most up to date imaging software but, when I get on my computers at home, I can see the pics just fine (although they take a whole lot longer to upload).

I'll have to look at this thread from that computer when I go back to work on Monday.

Yup, IE. I do prefer it to firefox for many applications. A great deal of the software that I use won't run on firefox or requires tons of downloads and tools to make it work, so I just stick with IE. I'm more familar with it and it's the standard as far as educational software.

Firefox does have the advantage as far as gaming or video applications but IE has the advantages I use for work, so IE it is.
I'll pull the thread up on firefox and see if there's any difference on this end though. I do have it installed and use it on occasion, just use IE much more.

ETA: nope, on firefox there's no red x, but no pic either. It makes it look as though nothing we ever there at all instead of showing there was a pic but now there isn't.

...so in this case, IE wins!!
It's more transparent and shows there were changes made instead of masking those changes and "covering up" the facts

.....long running IE/firefox battle with several friends, so I have to find a way that IE is better ya know

edit on 23-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join