It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compilation of Impressive UFOs (2008)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I was checking my subscriptions on the youtube, when I stumbled upon this excellent video. Pretty fascinating stuff if you've got a few minutes. Either way I think this is worth a quick glance.
May have been from a few years back --- but I am impressed... Some of these I have not seen before.

At 3:15, three rotating, triangulated blue lights with one orange blinking at the bottom. Looks very much like some sort of craft, in my opinion.

Final note: Sure is exciting when you see one (or three, or 15) for yourself - I guarantee it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'm sure that some of these have been debunked as something else.
Turtle in the sky, etc.

I didn't write this thread up for those. K?

Like at 6:17 minutes --- turtle balloon.
edit on 18-7-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
At 2.08 whats that triangle UFO in oz?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

I don't know.

Feel free to like, give your opinion, man.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Nice post. Many have been debunked before but I have never seen the "turtle" one. it was funny cause it actually looked like a flying turtle

- the music was much better then the usual "Requiem for a Dream" type music that is usually played!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by linknumbernine

Yeah, this video impressed me.

Hopefully others will take the time to watch it as well.

Some of the segments are pretty wild. Reminds me of some of the pretty lights in the sky over here on the west coast.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by linknumbernine

It IS a flying turtle!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-7-2012 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Thanks for that.

Really insightful.

Did you read my message, skip to that part of the video - and just make that reply or what?

G'job - seriously.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Sorry sir it's my first time and I don't know how to lick.

That one made me take notice since I'm an Aussie & have never heard of it.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WorkingClassMan

No problem man, I've been guilty of giving short responses too, but it is generally bad form on ATS to do so --- But yeah, I found that segment to be very interesting also. Australia gets a lot of interesting sightings, I went for a visit a few years back and questioned a lot of the folks down there, lots of cool stories from seemingly level headed people.

If you find more info on it, please share. I bet there might be a thread on it in the history of ATS even.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

The whole video was good for a laugh.

I love it when people freak out over Venus or Jupiter.
I love it when they use cheap consumer grade equipment to zoom in where the shape of the shutter causes Jupiter or Venus to look triangular.
I love it when atmospheric lensing and heat distortion on horizon line cause Jupiter or Venus to look like they're shimmering or doing some jittery movement.

I also love it when people freak out over balloons.
Of course balloons don't make noise.
Of course you can teather lots of balloons together to make formations.
Of course you can put LEDs inside balloons.
LOL on the turtle balloon and the reactions.

Those two don't account for all the clips in the video, but, most of them.

Not as impressive as the title would indicate. None of this said above is meant to hurt anyone's feelings, but, if it does, please accept my sympathy and apologies, because such was not intended, and you're perfectly free to continue believing that turtle UFOs are flying around with our turtle alien overlords, or whatever it is you like or want to believe if you want.

I know for sure this kid would like the turtle UFO. Hey, it might even belong to him.

edit on 18-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Sorry bud, but I don't feel there's anything worthy of discussion in that video. UFO compilation videos from Youtube tend to be the worst of the worst. If a couple of small lights in the sky are what impresses you then we have different tastes.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

3:15 minutes into the video:

I'd like to see your expression when that is over your house.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Right. Most of these were balloons? Excuse me ma'am.

Being skeptical is healthy - but it looks like you prefer to cherry pick the video, which is a compilation - some of which actually do not resemble a balloon, turtle, or Venus/Jupiter in any way.

Good luck on your journey for the truth.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I beg to differ.
Mylar balloons, silvery highly reflective balloons are often mistaken for UFOs.
Here's a video of one Mylar Balloon:

Here's a video of people using the scientific method to reproduce the same kind of sighting with balloons:

These daytime sightings of little orbs that are just hanging out and drifting around, are just balloons.
The very shiny ones are the silver mylar balloons reflecting sunlight.

Here's a guy that makes his own "UFO balloons"
As you can see, this one is quite large

Then, there's the whole other topic of LED balloons which can be quite complex. Most of the Do-It-Yourself people simply mount 3 LED balloons together into a triangular frame to create the Triangle UFO phenomenon at night. It makes no noise. It's 3 spooky lights in a triangle formation. ooooo, it MUST be aliens or a TR3B!!!
uh-huh.

Imagine if something like the below video were released into the wild, If I had a million $ to bet on something like this getting released into the wild making it's way onto ATS as an OMFG UFO(!!!!!), I would.
It's amazing what you can do with LEDs:

Here's another that's pretty amazing. Imagine these floating at 10,000ft, at the extreme range of people's cheap consumer grade cameras. Even at lower altitudes camera phones would make this into a fantastic alien mothership.

THEN, we have the planet VENUS

YEP, VENUS

Check out this video of how Venus changes shape (turn your sound down to zero because the music is extremely annoying)
Pay extra special attention around 2:02.

See all that "internal structure"? See how Venus is now a Pentagon shape? That's lens artifact created by the leaves of the aperture in the camera lens. Every camera has aperture leaves. The really cheap cameras create a Diamond shape when zoomed in. Others will create this Pentacle effect. The better ones, not so much, but, they'll still create that imaginary "internal structure" effect.

Now imagine Venus low on the horizon getting video'd through lots more atmosphere, and you'll get some colors as is the norm when watching sunset, sunrise, plus, you'll get much more shimmer and dance do to the wavy heat mirage illusion that's common when viewing objects low to the horizon at extreme range.

If you don't believe me, go out and experiment. Prove it or disprove it to yourself.
Use a program like Stellarium (free Download at Stellarium.og), find yourself some Venus in the sky, and video that planet to your heart's content with your phone, your cheap consumer grade video cam, your webcam, and anything else you can video it with. Zoom in and check out the differences in the shape caused by the equipment you use.

Anyway, yeah, that's that.

You talk about TRUTH, like I don't know what it is.
Thing is, TRUTH is often extremely very disappointing. Truth often leads to a let-down. Truth, for most people is boring, so, they turn to entertainment, prostitutes, religion, recreational substances, and even to believing in aliens that they have absolutely no real proof exist.
I'm very comfortable with the truth.

When/If aliens ever do come, I'll be certain that it isn't just another balloon. I'll know for sure. I won't be fooled or taken in by some gimmick.

edit on 19-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Hey, I appreciate you taking your time to share those videos with me. I am not the best judge of youtube videos, I will gladly admit. But I have seen some things in the sky that were not balloons or LED.
I'd be glad to tell you about my experiences, but I understand that you require your own proof before you can take the real phenomena seriously.

Several of your videos were pretty interesting, I have to say. It comes down to Occam's razor, and suggestion. From my end, videos like the one I posted above? I see representations of things that I have seen. So it is easy for me to say "Oh cool, someone has spotted something similar." --- well, unfortunately 'similar' can also mean the mundane.
Like the Disney shill from Ancient Aliens would say --- does the UFO look like Venus, or does Venus look like the UFO?

--- I hope you have your own experience one day, it will broaden what you consider the truth - even if may be uncomfortable for you. (And in no way do I presume to know what the hell they are!)

Thanks again - 3:15 of my video now could very well be four LED lights attached by poles painted black, three blue, one blinking. I'm willing to accept that as a possibility.

edit on 19-7-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

No worries.

As for having my own experience, whatever that might or could entail, I'm very open to it should such a thing ever happen.

If I could trade places with anyone that claims to be having abduction experiences, I'd gladly submit to all the probing, violations, and experiments if it would mean that I get to interact with a real live physical alien, regardless their motives.

It'd certainly give me a chance, or several chances in cases of supposed repeat abductions, to carry out my own hands on investigation and inquiry into the matter. It could be a simple matter of accidentally on purpose scratching an alien abductor to get skin samples under a finger nail or few for later testing once returned.

Were there aliens visiting us and open to consensual, polite, friendly exchange, I'd be extremely happy to invite them by for some tea and conversation.

If conditions were such that I could meet them but had to leave this planet and never return, if if meant becoming a lowly janitor on one of their craft, I'd drop everything and jump at the opportunity.

Nothing about having a hands on extraterrestrial experience would be disturbing for me in the least bit.

The early space program astronauts and cosmonauts strapped into their tiny little capsules were confident in their training and the technology they were inside of and strapped in on top of, but also knew about the extreme risks involved such that they very well could die once the countdown hit zero, ignition.
I've a similar attitude.
I'd love to meet with aliens regardless the risks. Bring it.

Unfortunately, though there is a strange phenomenon going on, about 95% of cases that bloat out the sightings reports are known phenomenon which has been misidentified.

There is indeed a small percentage of reports that are quite unusual, but, calling it aliens, angels, demons, interdimensional beings, or anything other than "Unknown", is a skewed and biased approach that might be open-minded about whatever favored bias one has in those directions, but partially closed regarding others.

Things, whatever this something that is going on is, is still unknown. It could be space jellyfish for all we know, or it could be that cats are super intelligent telepaths and have been messing with people's heads. It could be aliens, sure, but, putting a label on this phenomenon, whatever it might be, naturally occurring yet still unknown, or intelligently controlled, whichever, whatever, is something I keep on the shelf.

We won't know what this is until we know what this is.

Unfortunately, videos of balloons, LED balloons, Venus, LED kites, weather balloons, Jupiter, tricked out quadro-copters, mistaken military drones, bolides, shooting stars, lens flare, skydivers with meteor flares, artillery illumination rounds, military flares & chaff, civilian emergency flares, missile launches, satellites, satellite flare, Chinese Lanterns, Lenticular Cloud formations, Ball lightning, airplanes, helicopters, people on mountainsides at night with flares, boats at sea, car headlights, and many many many more very mundane things get mistaken for UFOs, video'd, and put on youtube all the time with audiences the size of whole nations actually believing this mistaken identity videos are the f'real fosho aliens are coming thing.
On top of that, there's the outright hoaxing with CGI, as well as building real world models for the express purpose of spoofing a UFO report that an extraordinary number of people get a kick out of doing for a hobby.

It all muddies the waters, sadly so.

I don't dispute that there is SOMETHING going on regarding the phenomenon. Nothing in the OP video, however, is any kind of example of anything that I haven't just described in the list above. Everything in that video has precedence in the mundane.

It's sad, yes, as it'd be nice to have some good serious real non-mistaken identity video, but, I'm pretty certain it's not to be found on youtube.

edit on 19-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

top topics

join