It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Block "Bring Jobs Home Act"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Yeah but the thing about that "Affordable Healthcare Act" forces mandatory biometric chip implants slotted to begin in a few years. Screw that, i'm not taking any damn microchips implanted in my body, i was born 100% human and i'll die that way.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

How dare you do some research on the topic and then present it.

Do you not know that this is ATS? Only knee jerk reactions and blind loyalty to a party line are acceptable forms of evidence here.

A Pox on your well presented research. If I want to believe that it is a Gay, Muslim, Marxist, Union agenda because a Rabid Right wing talking head tells me so, that is my right.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
looks like obama just got his 2nd term.

Wonder if the reps did that after they heard ron paul got his nomination spot, and neither team wants him in office, so its a good way to give the dems another term.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm glad you're not in charge of such everyday decisions as setting the tax rate.

Still, you're ducking the real issue here and using taxes as a topic to distract people.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by A-Dub

I know, i know.. It's a serious subject, but your avatar pic is just too funny. I cannot help snickering. It's the "Brâh" that does it.

On the ori-topic: i do not thing the house will get away with this so easily. Elections are closer, swords are sharpened....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's not the point!

Do people want government to do something about jobs or are they going to continue to take the side of those who export their very own jobs?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
All I'm seeing here is political strategy.

Obama did outsource alternative energy jobs abroad with stimulus money. and by blocking this bill AT THIS TIME, has taken away Obama ability to use this bill to say he is the only one to bring jobs back and use it as a staple for his re-election.

There are many companies who already want to bring jobs back to the US, but with Obama's constant rhetoric about tax increases etc, many companies are afraid. And rightly so, with all the many hoops one has to jump through to even start, seeking permits and licenses and insurances its a daunting task, and now add to it Obamacare and new taxes.

And in all honesty there doesn't need to be a NEW bill to bring jobs home, Obama could already do that if he wanted to.

And one more thing OP.. Harry Reid has stopped taking any bills to the senate floor.. so from now until recess Reid is forcing the senate to just sit there, while still getting payed by the taxpayer.
edit on 19-7-2012 by LoonyConservative because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Proof or is this just more hearsay from the religious nutters?

Because I'm leaning toward the latter.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

hmm can you not ask for proof without throwing insults?

anyway the proof.. is that there has been talk of these implants.. you know implants with medical records on them.. go find it hmm?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative

Originally posted by The Sword

hmm can you not ask for proof without throwing insults?

anyway the proof.. is that there has been talk of these implants.. you know implants with medical records on them.. go find it hmm?

What do implants have to do with the topic at hand?

Please see link.

yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Please see link.

I didn't bring it up..Lonewolf did, in regards to the affordable care act and The Sword asked for proof ... scroll up a bit dear little hobbit. And do not accuse me of appealing to emotions, not till you have the facts.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
I just got through reading it. I'm not sure what grounds they have for rejecting it.

Beats me!

Me too! Read it line by line. This is a VERY rare Bill in that it is a.) straight forward, b.) not burdened by legalesse and c.) doesn't have everything except for the kitchen sink attached to it. Based on that, how in the hell could anyone reject this bill?!?!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

Originally posted by Valhall
I just got through reading it. I'm not sure what grounds they have for rejecting it.

Beats me!

Me too! Read it line by line. This is a VERY rare Bill in that it is a.) straight forward, b.) not burdened by legalesse and c.) doesn't have everything except for the kitchen sink attached to it. Based on that, how in the hell could anyone reject this bill?!?!

they can reject it because A.) yes it gives a tax incentive to bring jobs back. B.) but that incentive is nullified by Obamacare.

Its a straight deception and political gamble by the Obama camp.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Please see link.

I didn't bring it up..Lonewolf did, in regards to the affordable care act and The Sword asked for proof ... scroll up a bit dear little hobbit. And do not accuse me of appealing to emotions, not till you have the facts.

"Implants?" You brought it up!!

This is what's know as a "Strawman" trying to defelect the topic off course. Perhaps a reading of this might help you in future discussions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-7-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Wow. You're referencing the AFL-CIO website's Republican hit piece? And what are we supposed to do? Believe that they are just passing on the "facts"?

What other Democrat pork is in that AFL-CIO-authored bill? "Bring Jobs Home Act"? I bet it's more like "Create More Union Jobs and Make The Unions Even More Powerful Act". And you wonder why Republicans would oppose another piece of Union-authored legislation to further destroy our economy. Just because these parasites give it a feelgood title like "Bring Jobs Back Home Act" doesn't mean that is what the act does. It just makes it easy to write disparaging headlines like "House Republicans Block 'Bring Jobs Home Act'".

Let's not get crazy with the propaganda now, okay?

Was it too much for you to read the ONE page bill???

But let's assume your crazy baseless claim is true...that they want to bring jobs that are currently outsourced to China or Mexico back to the United States as Union jobs.

Are you saying you would rather see those jobs stay over in China and Mexico instead of seeing Americans have those jobs just because they would be Union jobs???

Can you get any more partisan than that???

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Companies will come back to the US when the fascists are out of the White House.

When the class-warfare president is out of office, you'll see growth here.

So you are suggesting outsourcing is a recent development under Obama???

Wow beezzer...you have been sinking lower and lower with your delusions since the election season has started.

I guess Corporations are all psychic and could foresee Obama was going to be President decades ago and that is why they started outsourcing...right???

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

You guys want me to read a bill that was written by the largest union/criminal enterprise in the country and think what?

No, we want you to not read the bill, let Fox News and Rush Limbaugh tell you what to think, and continue in your ignorance.

Because honestly...having people like you on display is the best example we have to show everyone else how ignorant the Right Wing can be.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Yeah but the thing about that "Affordable Healthcare Act" forces mandatory biometric chip implants slotted to begin in a few years. Screw that, i'm not taking any damn microchips implanted in my body, i was born 100% human and i'll die that way.

Since people seem to be too lazy to scroll up.. here is where the Implant thing came from. take your straw man accusation and well ,you know.... Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezzer's tax code is simple.

How much did you make?
Multiply by 12%.
Give that amount to the government.

Beezzer's tax code is a HUGE tax increase on middle and lower class, and it is a HUGE tax decrease for the rich and corporations.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by beezzer

Companies will come back to the US when the fascists are out of the White House.

When the class-warfare president is out of office, you'll see growth here.

So you are suggesting outsourcing is a recent development under Obama???

Wow beezzer...you have been sinking lower and lower with your delusions since the election season has started.

Outsourcing is not new outkast.. but what is new is a president who attacks the private sector almost on a daily basis.. but after a while of reading your posts, I've come to the determination that your a leftist shill

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join