It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Block "Bring Jobs Home Act"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Wow. You're referencing the AFL-CIO website's Republican hit piece? And what are we supposed to do? Believe that they are just passing on the "facts"?

What other Democrat pork is in that AFL-CIO-authored bill? "Bring Jobs Home Act"? I bet it's more like "Create More Union Jobs and Make The Unions Even More Powerful Act". And you wonder why Republicans would oppose another piece of Union-authored legislation to further destroy our economy. Just because these parasites give it a feelgood title like "Bring Jobs Back Home Act" doesn't mean that is what the act does. It just makes it easy to write disparaging headlines like "House Republicans Block 'Bring Jobs Home Act'".

Let's not get crazy with the propaganda now, okay?

edit on 19-7-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is pretty disgusting. A flame throwing emoticon won't even do me justice. As a fiscal conservative, if this doesn't enrage every single American something is wrong.

There's no justifying this.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

What the poster above me said. READ THE THING.

CJ

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Companies will come back to the US when the fascists are out of the White House.

When the class-warfare president is out of office, you'll see growth here.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That isn't true at all beezer. Are you saying outsourcing has only existed during obummer's presidency?

CJ

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Companies will come back to the US when the fascists are out of the White House.

When the class-warfare president is out of office, you'll see growth here.

Exactly.

You guys want me to read a bill that was written by the largest union/criminal enterprise in the country and think what? That there is nothing going on behind the scenes to benefit the unions? That the bill is all lolliops and rainbows and will do nothing but good things for the US, like the unions have done nothing but good things? That was sarcasm, by the way - Unions are no longer good for the country. They might have been when they represented oppressed workers in the early days, but now they are just bloated, power and money hungry criminal organizations that care about no one but their top tier gorillas. They suck the life blood from companies and THAT is a big part of why companies move overseas.

edit on 19-7-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I'm sorry, but you are simply misinformed. Yes, read the bill. Go to another site and read it. It doesn't change. Do you really believe outsourcing of jobs began when Obama came into office?

CJ

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

"Bring Jobs Home Act"
sponsored by Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.)

I read the bill, in addition I also watched Sen. Debbie Stabenow ,D-mich. present this bill and explain the bill on the Senate floor yesterday on Cspan.

What you left out op , is that Sen. Debbie Stabenow specifically stated that the tax benefits are for "cretin companies" operating in china and abroad. . This is a Union agenda as this bill does not apply to all companies that have moved jobs out of the U.S.. The media is also leaving this very important fact out as well. The plan also entails writing tax new legislation which also must be drafted separately then pass congress and senate in addition to the Act.

Yet, Sen. Debbie Stabenuow D-Mich did not state which companies these are during her presentation on the Senate floor yesterday. This is just like" lets pass the bill to see what in it " This is why it was defeated, because it's not fair only to include a select few. There were many of augments on this Act from both Dems and Rep on why only certain companies.

This bill does not do very much when it applies only to select few companies. At most what you will get from a bill like this if ever passed is call center jobs, and presto the companies gets a 20 percent tax break. While yet all the manufacturing base remains in china, I.e. the support customers services center is part of the manufacturing process. there is a lot of loop hole in this. I'm sure there would more for the tax legislation as well.

Again this is why it was defeated. It applies only to cretin companies. These cretin companies would be named by industry in the accompanying tax legislation , not the Act Bill itself.

edit on 19-7-2012 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by beezzer

That isn't true at all beezer. Are you saying outsourcing has only existed during obummer's presidency?

CJ
No. But companies don't want to come back to a country that'll fleece them via Obamacare, taxes, union demands.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Corporations don't want to come back because they don't want to pay workers living wages, even though their profits are at an all time high. They left before Obamacare was implemented and wouldn't come back if unions were non-existent. Plus if they get tax breaks for doing so, why would they stop? Money over everything.

It's really convenient how you never put any of them blame on the corporations themselves.
edit on 19-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

It's really convenient how you never put any of them blame on the corporations themselves.

Corporate greed belongs in a thread of it's own. I'm concentrating on the greed of government trying to impose it's own draconian laws on corporations in order to justify the theft for government to redistribute.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Corporate greed belongs in a thread of it's own. I'm concentrating on the greed of government trying to impose it's own draconian laws on corporations in order to justify the theft for government to redistribute.

beez come on bro,

we just had a debate where you decried welfare,

this 20% tax break to ofshore american jobs is WELFARE,

were is the outrage?

this tax incentive is an economic incentive to move jobs out of america and to china and mexico,
AND ITS PAYED FOR BY TAXES

so how can you be for cutting food stamps for the poor and support a tax break to take away the very jobs that would get people of government programs?

do you support tax incentives to remove jobs?
and would those jobs get more people off welfare?
and why is tax money being given to corp for being un american a good thing?

taxed enough already EXCEPT if you are a large offshoring corp?

please clarify your position?

??????????????????

xploder

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

beez come on bro,

we just had a debate where you decried welfare,

this 20% tax break to ofshore american jobs is WELFARE,

were is the outrage?

this tax incentive is an economic incentive to move jobs out of america and to china and mexico,
AND ITS PAYED FOR BY TAXES

so how can you be for cutting food stamps for the poor and support a tax break to take away the very jobs that would get people of government programs?

do you support tax incentives to remove jobs?
and would those jobs get more people off welfare?
and why is tax money being given to corp for being un american a good thing?

taxed enough already EXCEPT if you are a large offshoring corp?

please clarify your position?

??????????????????

xploder
My position has always been a flat tax, straight across the board.

It is just not financially conducive for corporations to come back to the states.

Corporations exist to make profit for it's shareholders. A corporation would lose money if it came back to the states right now. Ergo, why move back?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

but why are taxes being used to make it worse,

why is tax money being used as an incentive to offshore jobs?

and couldn't reversing this perverse incentive bring back jobs and lower the number of welfare recipients?

pretty straight forward questions beez

xploder
edit on 19-7-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

So what? You been listening too much to clueless anti-union propaganda?

The idea in theory is a hell of a good idea.

Drop the semantics and pass the bill!
edit on 19-7-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Those who take advantage of tax breaks and avoid paying taxes in general are CREATING class warfare!

And you have to be asleep to think that such a thing doesn't exist in America.

Just saying.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Tell me, do you think those corporations should have a RIGHT to outsource our jobs?

I think the U.S government owes it to EVERY SINGLE CITIZEN to BRING JOBS HOME! If the government has to offer incentives to do it, THEN SO BE IT!

Again, you have to be asleep to NOT support such a notion!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

reply to post by XPLodER

I don't think taxes should be used as a carrot OR a stick. Taxes should exist minimally. And straight across the board. Regardless of where you are located. No loopholes, no locational determinations.

Our current tax code is thousands of pages long.

Beezzer's tax code is simple.

How much did you make?
Multiply by 12%.
Give that amount to the government.

Easy-peasy.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by beezzer

Tell me, do you think those corporations should have a RIGHT to outsource our jobs?

I think the U.S government owes it to EVERY SINGLE CITIZEN to BRING JOBS HOME! If the government has to offer incentives to do it, THEN SO BE IT!

Again, you have to be asleep to NOT support such a notion!

The US government has not right to TELL someone what to do or where to do it.

It's an icky Soviet-kinda thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join