It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate myself. I-Fad related.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
So years of following tech I have avoided I-fad products. That means no Macbooks, no iphones no ipods etc etc.

Today I caved in and bought a Ipad-3. It is simply to easy to do presentations, build fast single page websites etc etc. It cost me $1200.00 for the darn thing with a nice case and a Bluetooth keyboard. I am a bit upset at myself as I wish I could do with a PC what I can do with this. It is about making money and I hate to say the darn i-fad is going to streamline a few processes for us. I found out streaming two movies a month will max out your $30.00 a month wireless plan though! lucky for me I have plenty of redundancy that can do that much cheaper lol.

Why do I hate myself? I think I really like it........ I don't want to like it but the damn thing is just so slick! Gods be damned though I am sticking with my HTC EVO phone! I hate the iphone even more than I hate myself right now.

Rant off.

Now for the bonus? For $139.00 I purchased the damage protection plan for one year. According to the rep (and the paperwork) should the glass screen break or any part fail they exchange the tablet in-house and are legally required to replace it with the latest version.

It is no wonder retailers are having a hard time with brick and mortar locations as the sales rep told me that the number of "damaged" i-pads goes through the roof right after they come out with a new version.

For those not good at the subtle part here: The in store rep gets commission on each sale and a bit more for selling the warranty. So the rep in a rather subtle way educates the consumer on how to game the warranty system. This is endemic as the same thing happened when I bought my last high end laptop...........

So here comes the ethical question:
Do you "drop" the pad with the glass screen on the ground every eleven months and game the system staying in the latest and greatest I-fad for only $139.00 a year?
Or, do you do your best to protect it from damage knowing that another one will come out in 13 months?

The answers should be interesting

edit on 18-7-2012 by Mamatus because: Had to update.

edit on 18-7-2012 by Mamatus because: speeeling

edit on 18-7-2012 by Mamatus because: Beer.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Dont forget to get the new ipee emergency restroom and peepod urinal deodorizers.

Anyway.....thats probably why it costs 1200. The morality of this is on par with downloading windows for free.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Dishonesty isn't a very attractive trait in a person.

Take that however you will.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
ifad, ipee & peepod hahahahaaaaaa..

i brought my first G4 peebook in 2004, honestly i dont know how you lot have been making it with a pc...

moving from one app to the next was seamless way back then....

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Dont forget to get the new ipee emergency restroom and peepod urinal deodorizers.

Anyway.....thats probably why it costs 1200. The morality of this is on par with downloading windows for free.

And I thought it was the extra apple stickers in the box.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Sell that ijunk and buy a XOOM!!! I hate touchscreen anything, but bought one daughter the Toshiba Thrive and the other a motorolla xoom and wow.. that xoom family edition is COOL!! The thrive is more for study for the one kid and really a nice tablet. I just like the graphics and stuff on the xoom
Im still sporting a clunky ol toshiba laptop I bought last yr. dang touchscreens HATE me.

And no.. I personally wouldnt break something and defraud anyone. Just drives up the cost for everyone.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Linux FTW

Free...............

top topics

join