It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another doctored image deepens Obama mystery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This story came out today on world net daily and can be seen at source below.

Another doctored image deepens obama mystery

I'm not buying into the narrative of the story wnd is telling, but it is definitely an interesting picture. In the photo if you look at the ladies right hand it surely appears to be a different color. Is this photo doctored?

edit on 18-7-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Da hand in the shadow? is that what you mean?
Id say two shades darker than the other arm in the light.........

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Oh sure.

THAT photo is doctored , but the original that is all over the internet, shows her hand white.

Nice try whoever did it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Checkout the picture on facebook.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

Yeah . I don't even care anymore.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The natural lines of the arms don't even match in a sensible way. Who the heck do they have playing with Photoshop at the White House? This garbage can't be from a professional. It's laughable. I'd call it a set up if it wasn't actually on the President's page.

I ran it with Google with no hits and Tineye all hit to this one, this version. If there is one with a white hand that obviously would predate this, can someone post a link?

Someone has some explaining?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Yeah . I don't even care anymore.

I respect that.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

I am no photo expert...but anyone can see where there should be a white hand...is a black hand at the end of a white arm. I am just wondering if the black hand was put in (not the other way around)...and this is part of a propaganda smear campaign against President Obama.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
WOW.

Ignore my post I just had here, this is not the source I thought it was.

I have no opinion. Honestly I think the birther thing is futile, they'd never the impeachment...ever.

~Tenth
edit on 7/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The photo is very degraded to start with. The color shifting you are seeing comes from the instability of the color dyes used in the C-22 and C-41 photo processes and for this reason films made before the 1980s are not considered archival quality if they use that process.

Because of this, it is actually incredibly hard to properly superimpose another person onto the image, "airbrushing" to most people, even using Photoshop. Looking at the photo as a professional journalist and having a degree in photography, I can say that it would however be very easy to darken the hand of Ann Dunham using modern tools. It is the kind of thing that can be done in just a few minutes really, while stitching her into the photo over someone else who was there would take hours and probably leave a greater inconsistency in the image.

General tells of a person being added to the shot include having a different lighting angle, this one does not. A use of gaussian blur around their outline, again this one does not. The film grain and focus are constant across the photo, showing that it was taken with the same film speed, shutter speed and aperture. Finally, the fact that the degradation of the photo is exactly the same across both Dunham and the rest of the photograph suggest that she was not added later without difficulty.

On top of this, the source of the story here is highly suspect. WND (formerly World Net Daily) has been the champion of the Birther movement, and helped provide funding for it. Jerome Corsi, the author of the article himself is a hack, and completely without the respect of his fellow journalists. He's been doing hit-jobs on Obama since 2004, published two books which have largely been discredited and is at best bias, if not a fabricator, liar and a propagator of Yellow Journalism.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
looks like bad photo quality + her hand being in shadow

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well, yeah, the hand is the same color as Obama's arm, but that's his white mother. I don't know why it would be necessary to doctor such an image as this innocuous family photo, in such a strange and nonsensical way.

Red herring?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Thanks for your opinion. I am not an expert on this subject and can neither prove or disprove it. Maybe if a few more individuals can be as effective or knowledgeable about the subject we can put it in the HOAX bin.

Daedal

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Remember this is an article from the same "journalist" who promotes the formation of oil without the need for organic materials, defrauded investors of over a million dollars in a 1995 mutual fund scam and then when judgements were brought against him, had the money moved to his wife's account to escape paying it back. He's also accused John McCain of being funded by terrorist drug dealers and accused Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of being a "shakedown artist."

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Thanks for your opinion. I am not an expert on this subject and can neither prove or disprove it. Maybe if a few more individuals can be as effective or knowledgeable about the subject we can put it in the HOAX bin.

Daedal

From a purely photographic standpoint I cannot call this an outright hoax but it is far more likely that the photo has either degraded or been doctored to show the hand darker than Dunham being placed into it. Why the Obama Campaign would deliberately make a photograph look more suspect though is beyond me and counter to their goal of getting the president re-elected so I would have to say it's more likely the degradation than being photoshopped at all.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
People are trying really, really hard to believe what they like about Obama's past.

He's President, you lost. Get over it.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

If you look at the man's right arm above the hand it looks about the same color as the woman's hand in question. And if you go further up the arm towards the top where you can make out a hint of his upper arm, it's even darker.

So yeah, I would probably agree that the degradation of the photo and it's quality are factors, considering the man's wrist area and upper arm are dark as well.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
I can say that it would however be very easy to darken the hand of Ann Dunham using modern tools. It is the kind of thing that can be done in just a few minutes really.

But why would anyone do that? A hoax? Doesn't appear to be. I tried to track down the original image on Google, but I couldn't find it anywhere even though I know I've seen the same picture on Google before. Censored by Google? I don't know?

However, I did find the image inside a Youtube Video that says it was uploaded in 2008 by an Obama supporter. The same picture is in the video and has the same anamoly. So it doesn't appear to be a hoax. The anamoly does appear to be present in the original image.

The picture appears at 0:52. Same anamoly appears.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
looks like a 9 oclock shadow not 5

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

Now it appears this video may say unavailble. Just posted it like two seconds ago WTF.

EDIT:

Just in case the video vanished I took a screen cap from cache. Showing the video being played in my post.

Should show the "black" hand isn't a hoax. It's in the original.
edit on 18-7-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join