It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, I Know I'm Not Supposed to Laugh at This But...Damn!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
She's ok so I don't feel so bad laughing...well at least a little less...

But I do have a question. If she's able to stand up and walk away, would it not make sense to stand as she's going up the escalator? Probably just me but could she have been trying for a lawsuit?

Don't jump on me, I only posts 'em as I sees 'em...

And besides, many of you will laugh on the inside...but never admit it.

Woman On Scooter Flips Over On Escalator

Peace

edit on 18-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

WHAT WAS SHE TRYING TO ACHEIVE?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

You aren't the only one laughing hard on this one. Wow... Oh, and I'm so glad she buckled up! Why, she might drive up an escalator and cause an accident or something. She wouldn't want to be caught unbuckled for that! Doh!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yeah I saw this earlier and laughed.
The thing that truly made the video great is when some random guy stops it when she is halfway up. Smart thinking.

maybe she had a knee replacement that went bad. Maybe she can walk down the stairs but can't necessarily walk all around the mall. Just saying we don't know the whole story, and no body wants to be the guy making fun of handicap people.

Edit: I think that she assumed she could hold on firm enough to not fall back. Guess a wheelchair might have been a better choice after all.

edit on 7/18/2012 by MeesterB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
ROFL and how can she be that stupid.

P

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Wow! I had a similar reaction to this story -"I know I'm not supposed to laugh" but, all I could picture was an SNL skit with Betty White as the driver. No one was hurt in this story either.

Thought about a thread, but this seems like a good place to share it.

Driver doesn't notice passenger ejected

The patrol says the 72-year-old driver, Louise Ericksen, was driving southbound on Highway 72 in Beltrami County Sunday when her car strayed into the ditch, hit a sign and broke a back window. As the car bounced along the rough terrain, 15-year-old Kendall Ericksen was ejected out the broken window.

The driver maneuvered her Impala back on the highway and continued southbound without realizing Kendall was missing.

The Duluth News Tribune says when the driver and a front seat passenger discovered Kendall wasn't there, they drove back to the area where they had gone in the ditch and found her standing alongside the highway. She wasn't seriously injured

www.kttc.com...
edit on 18-7-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I laughed for about 5 seconds but then realized the Bystander effect didn't kick in. Then I watched in awe how a man she didn't even know helped her out. Funny for a sec though.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
WOW! lol. All the stores around here with escalators have elevators so things like that don't happen.
Maybe she wasn't all there in the head.
Either way, It put a grin on my face.
Thanks OP.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Her days of disability coverage are GONE!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Guess she's never heard of an elevator.....

Des

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I think she was trying to achieve a lawsuit
If there were no warning signs about scooter flipping she'll probably win too.
I would presume most modern buildings with escalators would also have an elevator.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

You aren't the only one laughing hard on this one. Wow... Oh, and I'm so glad she buckled up! Why, she might drive up an escalator and cause an accident or something. She wouldn't want to be caught unbuckled for that! Doh!

She didn't get hurt and that about equals grandma falling on her ass with her girdle up around her neck...

We are a ridiculous species sometimes and we have to laugh in order to not take ourselves too seriously.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Shes probally like...oh theres no ramp going to the 2nd floor...yummy lawsuit! time to mount this escalator!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Now, because of one person's stupidity, there'll be signs on escalators everywhere....NO SCOOTERS ALLOWED!

(Remember the McDonald's lawsuit where the woman spilled her coffee on her lap, and won, because she didn't know the coffee was hot?)

Seriously though, those things are heavy, in the 200 pound range. She's lucky she wasn't seriously hurt. Good thing that she was able to walk away, and the footage should really help her lawsuit!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You know Jude, one thing I notice a lot these days. So many people have such a sense of entitlement. She may have thought the escalator would just do what she wanted. Didn't even think of anything else happening. If so, that was pretty dumb....

Des

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm probably one of the few that didn't laugh, even on the inside. I feel bad for the ignorance and as it looks painful for her and those involved helping her. We don't know the info as of yet. Maybe an elevator was not available-but still no excuse-? She's new to wheel chairs? Lacks common sense? Damn, next time ask for help! Or as mentioned, trying for a lawsuit? Let's hope it's not due to that path of ignorance with almost breaking your neck which won't hold in court.
edit on 18-7-2012 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Ha Ha HA... shame on you. I like the part where they stop the escalator halfway up and let her walk down un assisted. That was the funniest part. Like watching someone get run over by a car or a miscarriage HAHAHA.

People are sick to laugh at this. You shouldn't laugh and you shouldn't.
And then some video will show up of somebody who is hurt and just laying there and we'll cry fountains of tears.

Hippocratic oath: I shall laugh at everyone else's misfortune.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Like watching someone get run over by a car or a miscarriage

um, not quite but thanks for playing...

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I could only think of George on Seinfeld during his scooter days.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
If she did that intentionally for the lawsuit $$$ ..then she's a braver woman than I. That looked like it hurt and I would not want to try that!

But this just begs the question..why didn't Johnny Knoxville and the gang think of this?

new topics

top topics

join