It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benjamin Netanyahu -- You must be kidding?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

"This is a global Iranian terror onslaught and Israel will react firmly to it."

This is a quote from the Front page story of CNN regarding the Bulgarian bus bombing.

Now I have to ask, are you serious Ben? Really? A global, onslaught?

Where have seen this before? Oh yes, George Bush used similar rhetoric before invading Iraq and I'm sure I could pull up many instances of the same kind of rhetoric, true or not, being used by our leaders.

Fear and Propaganda, are the most powerful tools you can use to foster an environment of hate towards another person, or group of people.

Key Israeli politicians pointed to Iran as the likely instigator.

Which politicians? And within how long of the bombing were you jumping in the air to place blame? An hour to figure out in all your wisdom the whole plot and all the details?

Iran did it eh? Did they send you a telegram that go there 3 minutes late?

I don't understand how a person cannot see through the vicious cycle of propagandist war mongering that exists within our media towards Iran.

It's truly transparent.

It's cowardly.

It's not what the "free" world should stand for.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 7/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
netanyahu is the biggest troll on the political scene.

he's a hawk with no talons.

he'll never commit himself to fight a war with israeli troops because he lacks the intelligence and leadership to actually win.

he knows if he does, he'll go down as the prime minister that destroyed israel.

but he is manipulative and enjoys the spotlight. and extremely arrogant.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Iran did it eh? Did they send you a telegram that go there 3 minutes late?

Probably because of a similar plan in Bulgaria that was thwarted in Jan 2012.

But, yes he was mighty quick on the trigger.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Agreed. The obvious is becoming more obvious. Instant conclusion based upon what again? How can this clown be taken seriously? I would hope one day the Israeli people will wake up and realize people like Netenyahu are doing them, and the world, a huge disservice by continuing this madness.

CJ

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Where have seen this before? Oh yes, George Bush used similar rhetoric before invading Iraq and I'm sure I could pull up many instances of the same kind of rhetoric, true or not, being used by our leaders.

Sounds the same to me..

from the source article..:

U.S. President Barack Obama condemned what he called a "barbaric terrorist attack."
"As Israel has tragically once more been a target of terrorism, the United States reaffirms our unshakeable commitment to Israel's security, and our deep friendship and solidarity with the Israeli people," said Obama, who later called Netanyahu to express his condolences.
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the United States is prepared to assist Bulgaria and Israel in bringing those responsible to justice.

although CNN added this caveat:

Neither she nor Obama mentioned Iran in their statements.

There was also a link to Netanyahu's full statement that drew a 404 for me, was anyone able to view the entire statement?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

There was also a link to Netanyahu's full statement that drew a 404 for me, was anyone able to view the entire statement?

indeed 404:s are annoying arent they... when you are on a quest for truth.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Hopefully the text will surface elsewhere...

In the meantime, the War on Terror Machine needs feeding!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Accusing Iran just like that
dont we call that speculations ?

now he is ready to go to wars because of those speculations

he already confirmed that Iran will get attacked in the next months ahead

But one thing is clear: Israel won’t wait beyond 2012 or until after the US presidential election in November.

An Israeli attack on Iran is therefore to be expected at some time in the coming months.

Netanyahu is risking everyone in Israel to have this big wars.. he is delusional and very dangerous
Dangerous Game: 'US almost daring Tehran to Strike First'

Look at this creature face .. pure evil

edit on 7/18/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Iran has been a huge instigator in the war in Iraq.

Has been for years.

Netanyahu hit the nail on the head, and I can't wait till Israel shows Iran they mean business.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Iran may not have been specifically mentioned because they want to leave the door open to spin the incident/war machine towards Syria if need be in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by NeoVain

Hopefully the text will surface elsewhere...

In the meantime, the War on Terror Machine needs feeding!!!!

The source goes back to the Prime Minister's Office where there's no actual full remark.

What's even more strange is check out the section on the left that reads "Israel Under Attack". Not what I expected..

Yes, the machine certainly seems like it wants to feed itself with Iranians.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Clearly I don't know one way or the other and neither do you.

I wonder, if it turns out in the future we find out that Iran was behind this, will you openly condemn Iran for it?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Clearly I don't know one way or the other and neither do you.

I wonder, if it turns out in the future we find out that Iran was behind this, will you openly condemn Iran for it?

If it turns out, that they can prove, with actual evidence, then yes. I condemn all nations for acts of terrorism, even my own.

But if it turns out it's just some proxy military extremist religious group who they then tie to Iran by some spurious means..well I'll probably just chalk that up to more of the same from war mongers.

ETA: I never claimed Iran didn't do it. I simply claimed it's ironic, convenient and actually beneficial to the already in place propaganda campaign against Iran that they did.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Whoa...... Back up.. What is this??? Jerusalem Post has an interesting set of statements and they aren't trying to start a war by their coverage the way CNN sure seems to feel just fine with. Geeze... Anyway.. This brought me to a full 5 alarm stop.

“Over the last few months alone we have seen Iranian attempts to attack Israelis in Thailand, India, Georgia, Kenya, Cyprus and other places,” the prime minister said in a statement.
Okay, this is true enough... I've been watching the reports come in, individually. I probably have some archived as captured websites as I was capturing everything on Iran for quite awhile there.

On Tuesday, Netanyahu raised the threat of Iranianbacked terrorist attacks on Israeli targets, during a meeting with Hungarian President Janos Ader. He also mentioned this threat at Sunday’s cabinet meeting, when he pointed a finger at Iran for trying to carry out a thwarted attack in Cyprus earlier this month.
....and I'm usually one calling BS on False Flag talk of any kind, on general principle by the way. I think the whole idea is about 99% spy game fantasy. The second quote here is incredibly bad timing or....No.. Bibi wouldn't would he?

Defense Minister Ehud Barak said the attack was part of a “long battle” that Israel was waging against attempts by Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas to attack Israeli targets overseas.
Source
Wow.. Really? Is he seriously saying Iran as a National Government or Intelligence Structure, did this???? Iran would risk lighting the whole keg off and starting, at the very least, a full regional war ......for ONE BUS OUT OF SEVEN (that was sloppy for a government..it doesn't make sense ) of Israeli civilians??? Of ALL the targets a Nation-State and one like Iran could choose to risk starting this war for.....THIS?!

It's almost too insulting to Iran to suggest....and awfully dangerous as a provocation. I don't like Iran, namely because they hate me and my whole nation. However, I don't look at them like simple minded idiots either. They are a SPACE POWER. They aren't cave men clubbing women for a date.

Who knows if some Muslim Radical did the deed. It's possible. Individual nuts can pop up anywhere. It happens around the world. So did the Norway Shooter, though. After that, I don't just automatically assume anything. Israel needs to share the evidence they have that no one else does.....or wow..... let's look before we speak and get 'stuck on stupid'. It's amazing!
edit on 18-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Spacing Corrections... Sorry guys

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Asteroid hits Israel ---- Iran did it

EQ happens in Israel ---- Iran did it

Two Israeli's get into a slap fight ---- Iran did it

You get my point....
edit on 18-7-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

OK, some evil person has actually taken the lives of others and you berate a politician who has NOT responded to this or many other atrocities with anything other than words?

Sorry, but he as a representative of his countrymen has a duty to try and stop this madness.

Posturing and threats probably won't work against evil zealots but he has not actually initiated war and, based upon his past performance, is not likely to.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Fair enough. For me the whole Idea of Sharia, a form of slavery is enough to turn me against the Iranian Theocracy (not the people, who are slaves).

My problem lately has been those who keep saying Iran never attacks anyone, knowing full well they fund and arm Hamas and are engaging in a proxy war. Iran is hardly a country with clean hands. The missiles falling into residential areas are straight from Iran. Pointing out the shortcomings of others to change the subject is bothersome also and it's been happening in a lot of these discussions lately. Anything Israel does wrong does not excuse the evil things Iran has it's hands buried in.

People who attack civilians or children or hide behind them are the worst of the worst.

edit on 7/18/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Israel has clandestine operations all over the world. As does any powerful nation.

They've certainly been active within Iran sabotaging their Nuclear Program with STUXNET among other things.

So I doubt they've done "nothing" to respond to whatever it is that's occurred to them.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think Mossad is the most likely culprit here. I think everyone knows that.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
Asteroid hits Israel ---- Iran did it

EQ happens in Israel ---- Iran did it

Two Israeli's get into a slap fight ---- Iran did it

You get my point....

Iranian leader says that he will wipe out Israel and drive the Israeli people into the sea. The Iranian government openly supports terrorist groups known to bomb and rocket Israel. Large bomb goes off targeting Israelis. ---- Iran did it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join