It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone else witness this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
So bit of a back story...I live in a smaller city in SE Missouri. In very close proximity to a local major hospital. I'm used to hearing helicopters land and take off from this hospital many times during the day/night. No other real "air traffic". I do see commercial jets periodically, but as far as I know, this area is not a major corridor for air traffic.

So, that being said...

Late last night, after coming home from work, I was just wasting time browsing ATS with the TV on in the background. Approximately 1:15am or so Central time. Heard what I thought might be a helicopter landing or taking off from the hospital. No biggie...happens all the time.

Well...bout 7-10 minutes later, not only do I hear the same thing, but I can "feel" it as well. When I muted TV and listened, I determined "not a helicopter". I went outside to see if I could see whatever it was. No good...I could hear what sounded like a large plane, sounded like props to me, not jets, flying what I thought was really low and really fast.
Brushed it off...

Then about 10 minutes later, same freaking thing!

Tried to rush outside again, to see if I could see it, but to no avail. Just heard the same thing...really low (so it seemed to me) and really fast. So not being able to see anything, I came back in, only to hear the same exact thing approximately 10 minutes later. This time, I was able to get out in time to see some lights. It was some sort of airplane, not a UFO lol...but again, flying really low and really fast.

These four planes were flying due east, right over my location. There is nothing to the immediate west of me, nor it there anything to the immediate east of me, that I'm aware of (in the realm of military bases and whatnot...). Fort Leonard Wood is probably about 350 miles to the northwwest of me, as the crow flies...they might have come from there...Whitman AFB is even further northwest...the only thing east of me is Fort Campbell...

I have (for whatever reason) determined that these were some sort of military aircraft. What I want to know is where did they come from? Where were they going? What were they?

If anyone else in Southern Missouri, Southern Illinois, or Southern Indiana heard/saw anything around 1:15-1:40am, could you let me know? I just wanna know that I wasn't just hearing/seeing things...

Here in swampeast Missouri, we don't get to witness these kinds of things too often, and I thought it was strange...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I do live in an area where we have a lot of plane traffic. And there was one day a plane flew totally low that shooked and rocked the house. Maybe it's a new pilot in training doing their night time flight hours.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Is there any chance it was Aeriel acrobats flying so low? Maybe from their own little runway.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I do live in an area where we have a lot of plane traffic. And there was one day a plane flew totally low that shooked and rocked the house. Maybe it's a new pilot in training doing their night time flight hours.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

that's the thing though...I don't live in even a remotely high traffic area. And this was at 1:15 or so on a Wednesday morning...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Is there any chance it was Aeriel acrobats flying so low? Maybe from their own little runway.

I'm gonna have to say no to aeriel acrobats. These were big planes...and it was after 1:00 am. I guess the sound could have been from jet engines, but it just didn't sound like jets...sounded more like C130s that I've heard before...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Whatever they were, they were big, they were low, and they were loud...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
something strange has happening in the skies here in NJ as well usually after nightfall.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Possibly reservists on annual training?

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Possible...but again, 1:15ish am...and where from? and where to? Thats what I really want to know. Am I in a west to east flyover zone for the air force, marines, navy, army, national guard???

I'm in swampeast missouri...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Heard something like that a few times. Last time i heard it on sunday someone suggested it was air conditioners. But we walk to a school near by n could hear it in the field like a jet right above us still. Idk, Could be a stationary jet/helicopter that parks for like 15 minutes i guess, above the clouds.. Or something to do with air conditioners on all over the place and sound ricocheting

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

nope...not a/c's...was not stationary...was going overhead low and fast...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
A couple of things come to mind.
Sounds like it could very well be mosquito control spraying aircraft.
Could also be aircraft being ferried in to Colorado for fire suppression on the wildfires out there.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
A couple of things come to mind.
Sounds like it could very well be mosquito control spraying aircraft.
Could also be aircraft being ferried in to Colorado for fire suppression on the wildfires out there.

defcon5, in my opinion, not likely...small town...mosquito spraying when done is done from the back of a truck...and these planes were going west to east....not towards colorado...

I don't know...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I most areas mosquito control is done both ways.
I looked it up, and according to where you claim to be, they do have aerial mosquito spraying.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
I most areas mosquito control is done both ways.
I looked it up, and according to where you claim to be, they do have aerial mosquito spraying.

not here...been living here for going on 30 years. never been any aerial spraying...the planes I heard were not crop dusters...not were they the small prop planes that go from here to STL...these were big, low and going fast...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Could be fire fighting tankers on their way to a forest fire. Any forest fires in the direction they were heading within a hundred miles? They could be relocating.
edit on 18-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Could be fire fighting tankers on their way to a forest fire. Any forest fires in the direction they were heading within a hundred miles? They could be relocating.
edit on 18-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

not that I know of...I'm in SE Missouri...these were headed due east...big planes between 1 and 2 in the morning, coming from the west....low and fast...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Last year I had a C-130, two A-10's, and two F-16's show up every night for two weeks, from 19:00 until 24:00, and circle my neighborhood. Never mentioned it on the forums before, but I did mention it to the other staff while it was happening. I never figured out what that was about either.

The problem is that if they are below 18000 feet, they can be flying VFR, and don't have to file a flight plan.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hmmm...may be nothing, and probably isn't, but the past few days, the choppers flying low and frequent over my house is ridiculous. Now, we got Trumps golf course around the corner, so he does occasionally fly in, but that's maybe once a month, definately not his much....the only other time we get choppers are only if there is something news worthy, which in this area, is almost never.....

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

Sometimes the bases do mock invasions to other bases for training. Here in New York it's been happening a few times every few weeks and that's what a few of my teachers, police in town and other adults said. I think, if anything, it's for the new recruits - to keep them on their toes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join