It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth/Sun Disaster ? New Day At Night ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

This entire thread is FULL of useful / helpful insight. I am simply happy to see such a quality thread. They have been lacking lately...

If I was asked at this moment; "what is YOUR (...aka this poster's subjective..) opinion of this current 'situation'?"

I would say:

"...live out the rest of this sun cycle to the fullest. Do things that haven't been done before. Take a risk in the persuit of happiness. Wear a smile everyday..."

One could prepare for a lifetime, only to miss out on life.
Instead: I advise enjoying the 'TIME' given.

~ThatGuy45~

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So in this scenario, the day would be the new night. But more extreme... People can go outside at night. Certain jobs are done at night. The whole world can't just shut down for 12 hours. Whether they have special suits or whatever... Hopefully it would be temporary. But the panels make it seem more permanent, maybe... But, what will we do if we can't go outside during the day?? Imagine the conspiracy theories... Only certain people will be able to go out during the day, and that will require certain technology. Imagine the power this people would have. Maybe it will make waging war economically impossible... Or there will be new kinds.of war. Quick strikes during the night. Operations that can be wrapped up within 12 hrs. Perhaps hidden technologies would be forced to surface. Thank you for the thought provoking thread

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

When I was growing up, I couldn't be exposed to the sun (long story). I had to sleep during the day with black-out boards on my windows. When I did ever go out in the day, I always needed a sombrero or an umbrella and often covered up my whole skin.

I guess what I mean to say is "bring it on".

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Maybe they were some kind of faraday panels. And what you seen in your vision was somthing to do with ta solar flare. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I think you have been reading too much ATS and watching too much TV. Turn off your computer and go outside and enjoy nature. Then after you're more relaxed go add to your story a bunch of useless dialog, a half naked big busted shapely woman scientist who used to be in a relationship with a good looking young guy that knows what's up but no one will listen to him. Have them go through a few narrow escapes and then finally NASA will listen to him because everything else has failed and his idea is all that is left. They only have half as much time as they need but miraculously somehow they do it and all will be saved and then sell your story as a book or screen play.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Im sorry but, wasnt there a report of the sun or vitamin-d curing cancer? Dont listen to that garbage

Found the site:

abcnews.go.com...

Doctors have known that low levels of vitamin D are linked to certain kinds of cancers as well as to diabetes and asthma, but new research also shows that the vitamin can kill human cancer cells. The results fall short of an immediate cancer cure, but they are encouraging, medical professionals say. JoEllen Welsh, a researcher with the State University of New York at Albany, has studied the effects of vitamin D for 25 years. Part of her research involves taking human breast cancer cells and treating them with a potent form of vitamin D. Within a few days, half the cancer cells shriveled up and died. Welsh said the vitamin has the same effect as a drug used for breast cancer treatment. "What happens is that vitamin D enters the cells and triggers the cell death process," she told "Good Morning America." "It's similar to what we see when we treat cells with Tamoxifen," a drug used to treat breast cancer.

edit on 19-7-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

Tumors in Mice Disappear The vitamin's effects were even more dramatic on breast cancer cells injected into mice. After several weeks of treatment, the cancer tumors in the mice shrank by an average of more than 50 percent. Some tumors disappeared. Similar results have been achieved on colon and prostate cancer tumors in mice. People should take care not to read too much into laboratory studies, said Dr. Richard Besser, ABC News' senior health and medical editor. Positive effects in a petri dish or in rats may not necessarily mean similar results in humans, he said It's also easier to treat cancer in mice than in people, Besser said. Tips for Getting Adequate Amounts of Vitamin D There is testing to determine whether patients are getting enough vitamin D, but Besser doesn't recommend it for everyone. If someone has repeated fractures or falls, his or her doctor may decide to do the test. To ensure adequate vitamin D intake, Besser recommended that people check their diets and get enough sunlight. Thirty minutes of sun twice per week -- generally between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. -- should be sufficient, he said. He also said that such levels of exposure won't increase the risk for cancer. If diet and sun exposure cannot be improved, people may also consider a supplement, he said.

edit on 19-7-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
skepticconwatcher - Wrote:

( Eventually, all of society is facing a life that operates during the night as opposed to during the day. Sleeping must take place during the day when the bright sun is up and everyone is using face masks to sleep.
This is all I have for this scenario.
My question is simply this. Is such a scenario like this scientifically possible ? )

( I know. It's weird but this time , I WANT the doubt. Ya know ? I NEED to be reassured that something like this cannot scientifically happen. )

Sorry to dissapoint you, but people are already living like this in Arizona !

Everyone in Arizona lives like this every year during the hot summer months. You go out in the day time heat and light here in Arizona and you don't live long in Arizona. People just get used to a life of staying in and staying cool in the daytime heat, and shopping either early in the morning, or late at night !

Seriously - If you don't believe me, move to Arizona and see how you find yourself living during your first summer, and Every Summer is Exactly the Same - Scorching ass Hot and Blindingly Bright - Also - There is no known life in Arizona without a good pair of Sun Glasses too !

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisb9

if this scenario does happen.....all we need to do is understand the egyptians

edit on 19-7-2012 by thePharaoh because: my nuts itched

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I think it is possible but the results would be far more drastic than you describe. You would have to go to ground during the day, or die. Sunscreen wouldn't cut it. Bright blue sky at night is probably not possible. Night is night no matter the planet. The night sky would probably be more black in color but the night would be brighter.

This has been discussed in a few films and has scientific research to back it up. If the sky ever turns white, our planet is officially on it's death bed. Well, we're on the endangered species list anyways. The planet will still be here.

Sun brighter, loss of atmosphere, mass panic. The most likely outcome of an orbitial adjustment triggered by a larger celestial body passing close. What you're describing is the most likely scenario following an up close flyby of Nibiru or whatever death star myth you want to name.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
Why are we debating the plot of a TV sci fi episode as if its really happening ?

The Outer Limits - Music of the Spheres

Fantastic ep.

Many of the O.L. episodes are ... thought provoking, I've been thinking about this particular one a lot lately, even though I saw it years ago.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

i tell you what.....i havnt seen a chem trail in ages???......

normally i see jets spraying that crap high up.....regularly.....not anymore

weird

I have also been thinking all year that there are NO chem trails this year. I figured they quit due to budget cuts.

Seriously, though, this subject probably deserves it's own thread. I have not noticed ANY chem trails for like a year.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by djmarcone

maybe they hit their quota!....theres enough chems for....bluebeam/haarp.......well it had to be done by the rising of sirius

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I have a Theory. What if the particle in the air stopped reflecting blue of the light spectrum? No thinning of the atmosphere,just a change to it so it cannot absorb/reflect blue light. Would that make the day brighter?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dmgmir

I'm sorry I didnt respond to you sooner. Give me another 18 hours or so and I promise I will get back to you.
( busy day, son's car project, helping my wife with her thing and just living life!

I look forward to getting back with you! I find your questions and the information you shared interesting.

If you want to, U2U me. It's private that way.

Peace, love and relax..........it's all good

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So what you are suggesting is that the Sun is a Muslim and is going to try and make EVERYONE wear burkas?
Sneaky bastard!. lol

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If you are to believe some of the stories over the years this actually sounds like the prediction from Dan Burisch wo allegedly worked at area-51 with the alien named j-rod. who said that around the year 2012 the sun would undergo changes due to charged energy cloud the solar system moves through which see's increase in activity and x-ray output. This would also have the affects of making the star much brighter. Its also interesting how you say silver up on windows. Silver is very good at stopping x-rays and much safer than lead. See some more info here www.bibliotecapleyades.net... and also about the similar affects of a t tauri star which is mentioned relating to the change in the suns behaviour en.wikipedia.org... and also www.bibliotecapleyades.net... this link explains a bit more about the energy cloud that we have been slowly entering for last year or two. Couple that with moving through the dense matter called the dark rift as we pass through the allignment with the centre of the milky way and its very possible that we may see big changes and witness what you saw.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I did think of another possibility...

With all the solar activity, what are the possibilities of one of the massive flares giving off enough of the sun's mass to produce a very small white dwarf close to it? That would increase the level of light but our atmosphere would still refelct the UV rays and there shouldn't be an extreme heat change with the much lower energy level yet more intensity. Also, if it's far enough from the sun or in an orbit around it, it could affect our night sky in some way although not to the extent of the daytime sky....

Another possibility is the moon abosorbing a large flare and luminating as a result. The moon is "out" in the daytime sky in cycles, we just don't see it because the light from the sun overpowers it's reflective light. This could also have an effect and since it revolves around us, that could make some very intricate interactions.

Just a couple of thoughts to explore

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Sorry I am replying w/o having read all the comments, but that was a VERY good hook. All joking aside if you decide to make that into a book I'm in. Good hook, good plot, sorry I cant help with validity issues.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
something fishy is happening

Scientists Plan to Block the Sun Using Man-Made Clouds

edit on 19-7-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iIuminaIi

I love when they say they don't know if it's a good idea or not but let's do it anyway! Like CERN.

Why do I see this turning into a version Ice Age gone crazy?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join