It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth/Sun Disaster ? New Day At Night ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
Could the earth's core be slowing down which produces our electromagnetic field to dissipate and let in more suns uv rays. OP its possible that our inner core is cooling so its slowing down. The field is weakening that's why the ice sheets are melting quicker but that's my own view.
edit on 7/18/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

Just running with your thought....

if the core is cooling / slowing down - could it/ will it stop???
That could cause 3 days of darkness.

What if the "EARTH" slowed down and stopped - then began to spin in a new direction?!?!?

Interesting to think about

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I just posted about the clouds too.... Lol

My son and I were talking about the clouds the other day and just how weird looking they are becoming, or so we think. He has now joined ATS ( oracle202) so if any of you see him posting, go easy on him. He is 15 and he is MY BABY. LOL just sayin.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuy45

Originally posted by XeroOne

Originally posted by grubblesnert

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
Trucks are coming in with silver looking panels and placing them on all buildings everywhere.

People are being told that once all silver panels are on every building, the electrical grid will be shut off. All electrical things will still work, but power will come from the panels.
I found this part of your story interesting. The only way for this to happen, as you describe, is if there was forward knowledge of this "surprise" event. Enough time to manufacture and set up distribution logistics for enough panels to be fitted to every building and tied into the existing power grid.

Please, I would apprieciate eloboration in this regard.

Thanks

I should add that solar panels aren't a viable alternative yet, because with them there's a trade-off between the voltage and current they supply, and that's defined by the surface area of the panels and the number of cells in each. You could draw a high current from them at a very low voltage, or a high voltage with low current. One or the other.

Silver 'appearing' panels. Solar panels are not probable at this stage. but how about this instead:

If there is an increase in UV - higher energy / greater excited molecules - a material that can absorb this energy / radiation to use as 'heat'. Aluminum dissipates heat quickly and efficiently. How about these "silver panels" are thin, aluminum sheets - with coolant on the backside. A radiator design. The Greater UV or increase in molecule excitement could be absorbed into the aluminum. This could cause friction - to equal heat. use the heat to boil water to make steam. use the steam to power generators.

Just a stretched theory. I work with aluminum daily. We make radiators that transfer heat / coolant. So this IS possible to a degree.....im not sure if to this scale tho.

Another thought to ponder.

ThatGuy45

edit on 19/7/12 by ThatGuy45 because: (no reason given)

not a stretched thought at all since solar thermal collector tech is getting better and it would serve two purposes, one being power generation and the other being protection and shielding for the structure in such a scenario.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuy45

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
Could the earth's core be slowing down which produces our electromagnetic field to dissipate and let in more suns uv rays. OP its possible that our inner core is cooling so its slowing down. The field is weakening that's why the ice sheets are melting quicker but that's my own view.
edit on 7/18/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

Just running with your thought....

if the core is cooling / slowing down - could it/ will it stop???
That could cause 3 days of darkness.

What if the "EARTH" slowed down and stopped - then began to spin in a new direction?!?!?

Interesting to think about

Man... I have GOT to go to work but I really wanna stay in this intersting thread ALL DAY! Lol

I dont think it could ever just stop. But.... Who knows! Lets ask google!

Well, looks like another 4 billion years according to www.esri.com... No comments about 3 days of darkness...

The influence of the rate of the earth's rotation has a dominant effect on the geometry of the globe, in terms of the globe's overall shape as well as the outline of the global ocean. The earth's physical relief is only a secondary factor controlling the delineation of oceans. The slowdown of earth's rotation will continue for 4 billion years—as long as we can imagine. The slowdown infinitesimally—but steadily—changes the globe's geometry and makes it dynamic. The net result of these dynamic adjustments is that the earth is slowly becoming more and more like a sphere. However, it will take billions of years before the earth stops spinning, and the gravitational equipotential creates a mean sea level that is a perfect sphere.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
Why are we debating the plot of a TV sci fi episode as if its really happening ?

The Outer Limits - Music of the Spheres

Okay I just saw the ending.

Oh HELL NO

Nothing like that.

Oh please. Please. Nothing like that. That was freaky looking.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I just posted about the clouds too.... Lol

My son and I were talking about the clouds the other day and just how weird looking they are becoming, or so we think. He has now joined ATS ( oracle202) so if any of you see him posting, go easy on him. He is 15 and he is MY BABY. LOL just sayin.

I'll look at everything you posted.

Thank you weighing in.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

He just posted this today ?

Okay, now I'm a little back to being freaked.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

He just posted this today ?

Okay, now I'm a little back to being freaked.

Yes, today! That was on my mind when I read your OP as well, and it certainly set me to thinking.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hey MJ, yes that is funny we had NLC's on the brain at the same time! Thanks for the info on them, I haven't personally seen any yet but will be looking for them.

I think it is a good decision to introduce your son to this site, regardless of some of the flak he might take, I believe you get a real education on here as opposed to the BS we learn in school, from the MSM, from friends and family and society in general.

Having a son now I understand your concern, but as long as he isn't completely crushed on here, defending his points will help him to be able to stand up for himself against strangers - which is a good thing. Just a small bit of advice - some of this stuff can be a bit depressing - like NWO, chemtrails etc - and you may want to ensure he is not getting depressed by this stuff and encourage him to come to you if he is. You seem like a very positive person and I'm sure would be able to balance out and discuss the negative aspects of issues on here. You have probably already thought of this; this is just one of those things that I feel if I didn't say anything I would feel guilty........

I still have to message you about that other thing, it is important, I have much on the go and would like it to be succinct as possible so I'm mustering my thoughts on the subject.

Be well!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
OP, you're describing a Gamma Ray Burst ...

www.youtube.com...

The last one happened 450 million years ago in our galaxy,

When a gamma ray burst happened it out shines an entire galaxy more power in a spit second than our sun will produce in its 10+ billion year hisdtory, it would appear as a second sun at first and then the sky would be completely white out as our Ozone is destroyed in just a few short minutes, the gamma rays would destroy or Ozone and alow deadly rays in that will kill of almost all living life exposed to the high radiation, it would be so bright on the "day time side of earth" that the dark side would just be a dark blue at night and not black,

edit on 19-7-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

This is already going on today. The generation that was born in the 1980s feel that this new "lighting" on clear days is what they grew up with and remark"what a beautifull day". The generation born in the 1940s and 1950s can see how much hotter and brighter the sun is today and comment on this "terrible, harsh, hard white light of the day ,putting your eyes out". I was born in 1943 and every time I see a bright clear day in 1998-2012, I curse the sun and its awfull hot, burning rays and I have the means to stay in all day until IT goes down at sunset.Today,presently, I avoid driving as much as possible on clear ,blinding, bright , hot days of both Winter and Summer in the Philadelphia, PA area.of the USA.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but if you look at the sun from space, it is actually white. The earth's atmosphere is what gives it its yellow colour.
So, if this was some 'vision' thingy, perhaps there was a sudden drastic change in the quantity/quality of atmosphere (sudden loss perhaps), not the sun itself acting up.

I like this thought!

its not the sun thats changing - its the "EARTH"

Perspective is amazing and frustrating at the same time ... how 'things' can seem one way but ARE another...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

This should be in SHORT STORIES thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Hi! Are you a follower of the Electric Universe theory/movement?

If not, here's some reading for you:
thunderbolts.info

If so, I'll jump straight to my guess.

Over the last few months, I have come under the impression that the ambient electrical charge in Earth's atmosphere has been rising. I'm not sure if there is a definitive way to measure that, but I have been gathering my own circumstantial evidence to support my theory.

Local Fluff

Intense Lightning Storms

Many people, including myself, have noticed an increase in lightning intensity to include: brightness, volume of following thunder, duration, and direction (I have been seeing video after video of upward lightning strikes).

Noctilucent Clouds out of Season and at Lower Latitudes

I think the Sun can broadcast energy at a higher variation of energy levels. Just because it has appeared to be unchanging for the last few centuries, does not mean it can never change.

Also, my skin is burning/tanning at much faster rates than previous summers!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

What determines the color of the sky is how our atmosphere scatters light particles, if there's a markedly increased in differential in the color of the sky then our atmposphere has probably changed enough where it's poisonous to current air breathing organisms (different gases emit different colors) and you have much bigger problems on your hands than brighter light. An increase in UV radiation would mean our ozone has some horrendous holes in the ozone and that would increase the number of people who develope cancers and if we have a magentospheric pole shift where the magentosphere weakens we could see a temporary increase in UV radiation. At least this is as far as my understanding of the science goes.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have had a reoccurring dream since I can remember about the sun coming out at night. I know that it is night because I seem to look at a clock or I was in bed and get up and look out the window at a really bright sun and think wow that is really odd the sun is out at night.
Of course it was Freud who said sometimes a cigar is just a cigar…

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I believe that just over 50% of the sun's rays penetrate the atmosphere to reach ground level, so the scenario is possible if the atmosphere was substantially weakened. But Earth would be uninhabitable if the atmosphere was weakened by that amount.

Okay. So then if it changed just a tiny bit, could it cause that scenario ? Wouldn't people eventually be able to survive underground and grow food underground ? I'm thinking of moles and other critters that live underground and come up at night for food. Or are you saying food would not grow anymore ?

I guess, but the effects wouldn't be immediately obvious. It's likely the first signs would be an increase in reported skin cancer. Surviving underground for more than a few months would be logistically very difficult. We'd have to replicate the entire food chain for a proper healthy diet.

Personally I am very sure there are areas already growing a lot of food underground in a liquid medium.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

This site explains what causes each type of light
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

So for sure the scenario means MORE LIGHT" sunlight is Actually white.

"When asked what color the night sky is, it is tempting to say, "black, of course!" However, that is not really correct. It looks black to us because there is not enough light to stimulate the color-sensitive cones in our eyes, even though there is light in the nighttime sky, and it has color. Away from city lights or other interfering light sources, the night sky illuminated by moonlight is blue, similar to the sunlit daytime sky."

also it says.. . so a change in proportion would change what our eye perceives.

Sunlight contains a large range of wavelengths, including the small spectral region that our eyes respond to (the "visible" range, from about 425 nm to 700 nm). Because nearly equal portions of all visible wavelengths exist in sunlight, it is very nearly white.
www.coe.montana.edu...

This is interesting..

"Airglow refers to the luminosity (glowing) of the atmosphere
The brightest region of airglow is about 10 mile (10 to 20 km) thick zone at an altitude of about 60 miles (100 km). One contributor to airglow is the sodium layer."

www.albany.edu...

.have you heard of the increased incidence of "glowing clouds"?

www.wired.com...

"Mysterious, glowing clouds previously seen almost exclusively in Earth’s polar regions have appeared in the skies over the United States and Europe over the past several days.'

I think it is interesting because some of what you describe reminds me of Alaska, their white light and their twilight for 6 months looks like your "night'.
edit on 19-7-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Something strange, my husband out of the blue went to the store and bought paneling, he cut to the size of all our windows last weekend. He then brought to HUGE rolls of duct tape into the house and has them by the front door. He said "just in case" I don't know in case of what but I just let him do whatever makes him feel good.

He is pretty much an unimaginative guy so either someone said something to him to make him do this or he also has a premonition of the need for these things.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
How and why the heck do such things happen only in the US of A?

It's probably a strange country that's why!
believe it or not the people (not the goverment) of the US of A are considered the most enlightened and closer to the ideal of the next phase of evolution, or ascension, by the elders of our galaxy.

You asked the question so dont get upset at the answer!

Peace and love to you.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join