It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth/Sun Disaster ? New Day At Night ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
Could the earth's core be slowing down which produces our electromagnetic field to dissipate and let in more suns uv rays. OP its possible that our inner core is cooling so its slowing down. The field is weakening that's why the ice sheets are melting quicker but that's my own view.
edit on 7/18/1212 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

The magnetosphere has been steadily weakening over the past 150 years, and there is a more pronounced weak spot spreading out further and further every year, you will have to do a search yourself though to find this weak spot as I cant be bothered to go in to it at this time.
On another subject,I to have had dreams, not visions, over the past 2 years of the Earths atmosphere being burned up and all the oxygen igniting and everyone(including me ) running around trying to escape,but obviously nowhere to escape to, extremely upsetting they are, I always wake up feeling really depressed!! Trying to hide in subways and there is a huge flaming whirlwind eating the air and you can feel yourself asphyxiating, trying to breath but unable to inflate your lungs, horrible as I am actually experiencing this as I dream, and my dreams have always been so vivid!

edit on 19-7-2012 by DARREN1976 because: additions...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but if you look at the sun from space, it is actually white. The earth's atmosphere is what gives it its yellow colour.
So, if this was some 'vision' thingy, perhaps there was a sudden drastic change in the quantity/quality of atmosphere (sudden loss perhaps), not the sun itself acting up.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

Yup the magnetic field weakens .. collapses .. then reverses the magnetic poles .. and flips back a couple thousand years later.

Happened a dozen times at least, as is evident by magnetite particles in sediment layers.

And guess what, the planet is still inhabited !!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but if you look at the sun from space, it is actually white. The earth's atmosphere is what gives it its yellow colour.
So, if this was some 'vision' thingy, perhaps there was a sudden drastic change in the quantity/quality of atmosphere (sudden loss perhaps), not the sun itself acting up.

That's correct. It makes sense as it was coming from the atmosphere and not the sun. I thought it looked orange from space. I didn't know it was white. That's interesting.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Sorry I can't add anything to the science aspect, but the Solar panel thing struck me.
Britain is going mad for them at the moment. Some councils are putting them on their housing stock and homeowners are offered a considerable price reduction to have them installed.

To be honest they are appearing all over the place like a spreading rash. God only knows how effective they are at the moment though. I think we've also got a gigantic solar panel farm in the making.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Why are we debating the plot of a TV sci fi episode as if its really happening ?

The Outer Limits - Music of the Spheres

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I just saw this and it reminded me about a dream I had roughly 7 months ago(the reason I joined ATS in my search for answers) It started with a BBQ with family, some I have not seen in a while, I was playing with my kids in the backyard when it got real bright around us, like when a nuke goes off, it went back to normal just as quickly. Out of the blue we see something explode in the sky, must have been in orbit 'cause it was real far away. Then something like a meteor shower ensued, there was this black/orange glowing debris falling everywhere, some of hit me behind the head, the strange thing is it was cold, like real cold. I was running to my 2 kids, when I looked up and saw an awesome sight=( remember those movies where there are more than two suns and about three to four planets clearly vissible in the sky) very colourfull. Any way everything was very bright, then I heard this soft but loud voice coming from nowhere ''Child, do not be afraid, you will surely live!'' I woke up, but for a full week I had this recurring dream, everything was the same! Now to get to my point those relatives I have not seen in a while are due for a visit within the next few weeks.... O yeah, I have had a few premonitions over the past few years,(will start a thread about them as soon as I have my 20 posts) ALL have come to pass within a year of the dream in more or less the same way as in my dreams though. (the part about the voices are usually what I am thinking not literally what is being said.) hope this makes sense in a way...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Technically, colors are a human experience and do not exist per se. Colors are but an interpretation of the varying electromagnetic waves we perceive through our eyes by our brains. Light is broken down into varying wavelength when reflecting through different surfaces, gases, etc... so when the sun is setting the light carries longer wavelength than when it is overhead, explain why the horizon looks red or orange rather than blue at noon.

Light still exist beyond the known spectrum but we do not see it.

With that said, most of the properties of light are understood as human and individual experiences which is something to consider.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

Reminded me a little of J.S Fletchers The New Sun too. But that started with queer fog before the blinding light.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
How and why the heck do such things happen only in the US of A?

It's probably a strange country that's why!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Reminded me a little of J.S Fletchers The New Sun too. But that started with queer fog before the blinding light.

Can you guys give me a link to those two movies ?

I can't find them and I want to see what you're talking about.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
How and why the heck do such things happen only in the US of A?

It's probably a strange country that's why!

I live in the United States. I don't think this involved just the United States , but the entire earth.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. The Science is in. It cannot happen without extreme heat.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
Why are we debating the plot of a TV sci fi episode as if its really happening ?

The Outer Limits - Music of the Spheres

I found it.

I'm watching it now.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Not aware if mine is a movie, though it probably was adapted for a Twilight Zone/ Outer Limits at some point.
It's a very old short story though.

ebookbrowse.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Okay, this is boring.

I'm watching it and it's just about music.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

The problem is, you can't have the sun's light increase, without other parts of the EM band increasing too. So yes, if the sun were to brighten like that, it would increase the amount of UV rays....but it would also increase the amount of IR (heat). I don't want to think about how much IR if the visible light brightened that much.

technically it could happen with the heat from the IR, if the atmosphere were to let heat escape into space simultaneously.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Okay, this is boring.

I'm watching it and it's just about music.

OP, I just read your thread, and reading it it reminded me of what I saw in the daily 2MIN news video today, the author speaks about noctilucent clouds and how they used to be very rare and only in the arctic, but are very common and everywhere now, and alludes to degradation of the magnetosphere:

edit on 19-7-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: correction

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by roaland
you mentioned it being brighter but the temperature was the same. So i would start with something being in the upper atmosphere that was reflecting the light stronger then it normally would. I say upper atmosphere because u mentioned dusk being blueish, water vapor perhaps? but then again water vapor is a greenhouse gas and would raise the temperature, unless it was trapped somehow in the upper atmosphere, thus causing the light to be reflected kinda like driving in the fog with your brights on perhaps?

Stronger UV, to me, means the molecules are 'more' excited = more 'energy'. this increase in UV / energy could cause more water vapor in the atmosphere.. but if the atmosphere was weaker - therefore allowing this increase of 'energy', then the increase in water vapor would not remain "trapped" - not causing a greenhouse effect - but rather released outward...escaping the earths atmosphere (because it is weaker) allowing the greater appearance of "blue sky' with less light due to the increase of water vapor in the air.

Just a thought

ThatGuy45

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne

Originally posted by grubblesnert

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
Trucks are coming in with silver looking panels and placing them on all buildings everywhere.

People are being told that once all silver panels are on every building, the electrical grid will be shut off. All electrical things will still work, but power will come from the panels.
I found this part of your story interesting. The only way for this to happen, as you describe, is if there was forward knowledge of this "surprise" event. Enough time to manufacture and set up distribution logistics for enough panels to be fitted to every building and tied into the existing power grid.

Please, I would apprieciate eloboration in this regard.

Thanks

I should add that solar panels aren't a viable alternative yet, because with them there's a trade-off between the voltage and current they supply, and that's defined by the surface area of the panels and the number of cells in each. You could draw a high current from them at a very low voltage, or a high voltage with low current. One or the other.

Silver 'appearing' panels. Solar panels are not probable at this stage. but how about this instead:

If there is an increase in UV - higher energy / greater excited molecules - a material that can absorb this energy / radiation to use as 'heat'. Aluminum dissipates heat quickly and efficiently. How about these "silver panels" are thin, aluminum sheets - with coolant on the backside. A radiator design. The Greater UV or increase in molecule excitement could be absorbed into the aluminum. This could cause friction - to equal heat. use the heat to boil water to make steam. use the steam to power generators.

Just a stretched theory. I work with aluminum daily. We make radiators that transfer heat / coolant. So this IS possible to a degree.....im not sure if to this scale tho.

Another thought to ponder.

ThatGuy45

edit on 19/7/12 by ThatGuy45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is a subject of interest to me.... Very interested in fact! Op.... What a vision. I have gut feelings all the time, but sadly no visions. I personally think you are connected so much that possibly you were shown what may come our way.... One day. Even Edgar Cayce didnt get it right all the time. :-)

Here is a quote from spaceweather.com and although its referring to clouds, the important part to note is " climate change".

When NLCs first appeared in the 19th century, the mysterious clouds were confined to the Arctic, most often seen in the same places as Northern Lights. In recent years, however, their "habitat" has been expanding, rippling as far south as Colorado, Virginia, Kansas, and Utah. There is growing evidence that the expansion is a sign of climate change, although this remains controversial. Whatever the reason for the expansion, it means the "stormy sea" could be coming to a sky near you. Observing tips: Look west 30 to 60 minutes after sunset when the sun has dipped 6o to 16o below the horizon. If you see electric-blue waves spreading across the sky, you've probably spotted a noctilucent cloud.

And this is quoted from the same site the other day...

ELECTRIC AURORAS: Earth's magnetic field is still reverberating from the CME strike of July 14th. This morning, July 17th, at 1:00 am CDT, Shawn Malone witnessed one of the aftershocks over Lake Superior: "My dog hates lightning and awoke me at 1am," says Malone. "I caught a double light show: an isolated thunderstorm moving across Lake Superior plus the bright glow of the Northern Lights above the clouds, awesome!"

Anyone interested in climate change and what it entails..... Research it for yourself, dont take my word for it.

The CME's that come into a direct blow with the earth is highly charged! Weather patterns are disturbed as our atmosphere is disturbed with the charged particles that are able to come into play.

There are many articles on the internet that speak of us being on the verge of an ice age. The recipe is thickening and we may indeed be experiencing odd things that may get real odd whereas no one can dismiss whats happening.

The Sun and the Earth are connected.... No doubt. When the Sun reaches its maximum we have no way to predict what a maximum it may reach. Time will tell....

As with your dream, time will tell if what you saw was perhaps a shock wave or something along those lines.

History shows us cycles.... We are coming out and into a cycle is what my guess is and what I have read many times over as of late says the same. This cycle is an ice age. The Planets core has slowed down, ice caps are melting, climate is changing and so on.... It happened in the past so we must learn from it.

In regards to 2012 hype, again time will tell. I happen to believe the mayans were awesome astronomers and knew a new cycle would be upon us.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join