It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw something last night...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Me and a couple of buddies were hanging out on some docks, enjoying the night breeze, and I looked up and saw a light. It was bright yellow, and moving kind of slow. I thought it was a plane or helicopter, because there's a lot of aerial vehicles in that area. But the thing was, there was no sound. It wasn't making noise. So I continued to watch it, and it kept floating in a straight line. It wasn't blinking or anything, and it wasn't moving like planes or helicopters usually do. And after about a minute, it just faded out. Vanished. I turned to my buddy and he's like, "Yeah, I saw it too. What was that?" No one knew.

It could have been a floating lantern, but the wind was strong, so how did it manage to get that far without blowing out before? It didn't fall or anything, just vanished in midair.

Technically, it was unidentified, so I can say it was a UFO. But was it extraterrestrial? I can't say.

Just thought I'd share it.

edit on 18-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If there is a lot of "aeriel vehicles" in your area as you say,it was most likely a plane flying a way from you.I see it all the time as I live near a major airport.Usually though it's the opposite as you saw,I'll see the blinking lights then as it gets closer to the airport they just appear to be a light in the sky until they fade away.I usually can't hear them making any sounds either.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Most likely a satellite, they are a solid light when they move out of the Earths shadow, moving in a straight line, then they disappear when they go back into the Earths shadow.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Maybe the ISS? The first time I saw it go over a couple years ago, it was really weird. Looked more orangeish to me than yellow though...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

The ISS doesn't move all that slow. If you keep looking up for a few hours you will see loads of satellites fly over, given the right conditions (weather, light pollution etc), some very faint, some bright, and some super bright (Iridium Flares).

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

OP said "kind of slow". First time I saw it, the ISS was moving "kind of slow" relatively speaking...just throwing out possibilities...

top topics

join