It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War has Become a Freakin Video Game for the US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
The realism of COD takes the fun away from it. When I play it I feel like I'm really on the front lines...and that's not a feeling I want to have when I play a video game.

I have seen a lot worse in the daylight.. And guess what? It was not the Yanks that did it!

Those Apache operators are stone cold.. Glad they are on our side..

I will not shed one tear for those taliban.. They would not do so for us.. And that is one less platoon of enemy that my and your countrymen will have planting IED's and shooting at them..

This is war

Our job is to close in with and destroy the enemy..

This was a job well done military speaking.

Though I do feel sorry for them at one level.. It is still less enemy that my brothers have to deal with.

And as for shooting injured taliban.. They would do worse to us.. Plus they heal and we end up having to deal with them again in the future..

Thats right fellows... It is NOT A GAME...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Yeah, that's my point exactly.
One of my points is that using a Hellfire is safer for everyone but the bad guys. It keeps the launching platform well out away from where people can shoot back unless they have heavy weapons and know you're there. Very few helicopters out there are going to withstand even rifle fire. The Apache will take it better than most, but even an AK-47 can bring one down. Why risk it if you don't have to?

My other point is that if you're going to bash any group, at least get your facts straight as I said. Don't just make things up as you go.
edit on 7/21/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Rivals list? Yes I sure did. I did it because ever since I saw your posts and realized that your topics (for the most part) are worthless, half baked and cockamamie.

You said yourself you are smart enough to tell the difference between real life and video games. Apparently not when you go back and read your OP.

Why you would post those YouTube videos again I don't know. They really don't have much to do with your OP.
Your OP is about war and video games. So instead of telling me I am bringing negative energy to your post, why don't you try to stay on the topic YOU set.

As far as your "invitation" you can keep waiting. Really no sense in "debating" most people on here as they are set in their way of thinking and I could talk (type) until I am blue in the face. It will never do any good and you will never understand how ludicrous you (and some others around here) sound.

Besides I have more important things to do then sit on ATS 24/7 debating the likes of you. Some of us have lives, jobs to go to and school to finish.

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

I remember you to mister acid burn
you put me in your rival list a long time ago

my comments from 3 yrs ago is still the last one in your profile lol

Comment from: Ben81 on: 8/7/2010 @ 01:26
i quite love the honor of being ur worthy adversaries who keep you on your toes.

but have we talk before ??
or you have read a post from me that you didnt agree on ??... lets debate .. we might clear the misscomunication on the foes thing

still waiting !!

bringing the same negative energy like all your other posts
insulting me are no arguments and dont contribute
plz stay mature and on topic

Dont you have any respect for those soldiers below
because these are the real heroes of today that have 100% of my respect

edit on 7/18/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join