It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Registered Sex Offender Arrested for 169th Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So much for three strikes an you are out laws...how is this possible? I am not a lawyer, but it would seem to me that after, say the 100th arrest this dude may have had to serve time for being a "serial" offender...then after the 120th time he would be not given another chance at freedom. How is it this guy was on the streets?

Verdelli had 168 prior arrests, the majority of which were for sexual offenses, officials said.

Can anyone explain how this is possible?

168th arrest

ETA: There is a web site devoted to a man who has been arrested over 900 times!! here it is:

Henry Earl - 900 times and counting

ColoradoJens
edit on 18-7-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/19/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Dang, I wish a pack of those women would get together and beat the guys senseless since no one is going to keep him locked up!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

a 58cent bullet will end this problem offender

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Either Jersey has some great defense attorneys or some sorry DA's.

Hell, maybe he get his retirement cell with this charge.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That honor is definately going to Henry Earl. Here are his "stats" from the website devoted to him:

Henry's Latest Stats

Henry's Latest Stats
Current Status:
Henry is currently in jail. He was booked on 4/26/2010.
Stats for Henry Earl's Alcohol-Related Offenses:
Total
Number of offenses: 1030
Number of days spent in jail: 4618
Year-to-date
Number of Offenses: 15
Number of days spent in jail: 86
Overall
Average # of days per year spent in jail: 243.05
Average duration of incarceration period: 4.49 days
Average duration of time not spent in jail: 2.01 days

Henry's Stats

CJ

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Thank god you aren't a lawyer, because this is another prime example of how screwed up the judicial system is. I never bought unto that until I experienced it personally. This is absolutely outrageous.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Thank god you aren't a lawyer, because this is another prime example of how screwed up the judicial system is. I never bought unto that until I experienced it personally. This is absolutely outrageous.

Yeah, I hear you. I will say though that I thank God I had enough $ to get a good lawyer in my own case of dealing with the system. All charges dropped
Too bad the next time I applied for a job I found out the charges were still listed in the database and I had to pay another $5k to get my name cleared...all over outright lies!

On a more serious note, I hope you are ok.

CJ

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Well it says "arrests" it doesn't say convictions. As a registered sex offender, he is probably the first guy they arrest any time anything goes wrong, just in case, but if they don't have proof, they have to let him go.

I had a friend on a registered sex-offender list for about 10 years, because he took a piss at the back of a drive-in on the edge of the woods. We were all underage, and had a cooler of beer and strawberry hill in the back of a truck, a cop walked up, we froze, he asked my buddy what he was doing over there, and my buddy said, "taking a piss." The cop thought he was being nice when he just poured out the liquor and wrote an "indecent exposure" citation, but a couple of years later the laws changed, and my buddy suddenly had to start registering.
The law changed again several years later, and he isn't on the list any more as far as I know.

If this guy has really attacked that many women or children, then he doesn't deserve a jail cell anyway, but I have a suspicion he is probably more of a creep than a rapist. I'm gonna see what else there is to find on the guy.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You are correct on that - there is a big difference between getting arrested and a conviction (personal knowledge)...one would think this guy would be up for a harrassment lawsuit against the cops if there really wasn't much to the 169 arrests, but I don't have that info.

As for your friend, I am sure his arrest for being a kid has hurt his life - that is if he has ever tried to get a job since then - there is little grey area when it comes to "sex offender" in peoples eyes - recently, I don't remember specifics, but there was a "sex offender" vigilante who murdered two people in Seattle(?) - I heard the righteous roar in approval but it turned out one guy was on the list for having sex with his girlfriend when he was 17 and she was 16. These blanket laws can really destroy people's lives.

Also just saying, strawberry hill, lol. You guys must have been young.

CJ

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Ya, we were 16 and 17. High school age.

My friend did run into trouble getting jobs, but then he caught a break and got into the military, he served a couple of tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, and now he is a firefighter. If he were still on the registered lists, he would never have gotten those opportunities and would likely be working fastfood somewhere.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You don't get arrested for waving at little kids when you drive by any school.

You get arrested for waving your D&$K at little kids while driving by a school.

I looked at the sex offender database for a while, until I started seeing how close they lived to my family. Then, I wondered who would protect my family when I was arrested.

My irritation comes from paying Po-Po's payrole, when I know they want to take some doofus down so bad that mistakes are made. Mr. Perv goes out again, and gets himself arrested again. Drunk in Public isn't a sex offense.

Mr. Henry? Just sad. Probably drinks listerene and Gatorade and passes out behind supermarkets every few days....

What a waste of my money. What a waste of the lives of those men. What a waste of trauma and suffering that passes to the next generation.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Some people would have it that you WOULD get arrested just for waving hello to kids.

Sad to say.

That's the thing I hate most about the charge of child molester. If you're merely accused, guilt is automatically assumed and you're automatically put on a sex offender list.

But I'm in favor of getting rid of that list ebcause of how abused it's become. People are being put on that list for any reason, and sometimes for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with child molesting or pedophilia.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

child molesting or pedophilia.

In fact even the term "pedophilia" has lost its meaning. Being attracted to a fully developed 16 year old girl is not pedophilia like the law likes to interpret it. Pedophilia is when someone is attracted to a child that hasn't hit puberty yet. Once they hit puberty, then it becomes a question of societal norms. Even here in the US some states allow children to get married at 15 without a parent consent, while other states require them to be 18. Across the world, some places it is perfectly normal for a 15 or 16 year old to be arranged with a 40 or 50 year old man.

I'm not saying we should endorse that behavior, but it is a matter of societal norms, not mental illness. Pedophilia is a mental illness that is incurable, and we go back to the suggestion above for the 58 cent bullet. That is a GREAT suggestion, LOL! But, the other stuff, where society frowns upon a man or woman of some age being attracted to a sexually mature person of another age is not a mental illness.

The ones that really crack me up (in a terribly sad way), are the ones where gorgeous 20-something year old women have affairs with studly 17 year old students. And they call it a crime? Who is the victim? My mother was over-protective and hated every girl I brought home, but even she would have just rolled her eyes at that scenario. How in the hell that is a crime is beyond my imagination.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That is the proper definition of pedophilia, but it is not how society uses. When society uses it it means any person of legal adult age having sex with any other person under the legal age of consent.

And of course, it's always worse when a man does it to a girl.

And it's all because of an arbitrary label too.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Idk how he would get away with any of that.... 1st time ok, stay away from kids, dont even look at em.... 2nd time, your gettin beat down until your unconscious. 3rd strike your sleepin with the fishes....

top topics

join