It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain Slams Michele Bachmann's 'Unfounded' Attacks On Muslim-Americans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Every now and then John McCain reminds us he is still a decent human being.

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) vigorously defended top State Department official Huma Abedin against allegations by Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) and other conservatives that this Muslim-American woman is part of a Muslim Brotherhood conspiracy to infiltrate the U.S. government.

"These allegations about Huma and the report from which they are drawn are nothing less than an unwarranted and unfounded attack on an honorable woman, a dedicated American and a loyal public servant," said McCain in a speech on the Senate floor on Wednesday morning.

"The letter alleges that three members of Huma’s family are 'connected to Muslim Brotherhood operatives and/or organizations,'" he said. "Never mind that one of those individuals, Huma’s father, passed away two decades ago. The letter and the report offer not one instance of an action, a decision or a public position that Huma has taken while at the State Department that would lend credence to the charge that she is promoting anti-American activities within our government."

"These attacks on Huma have no logic, no basis and no merit," McCain added. "And they need to stop now."

I guess nowadays to prove you are American, you have to attack anyone who doesn't conform to the ideal American perception.

One comment in the above article says it all:

"Bachmann, along with Reps. Trent Franks (R-Ariz.), Louie Gohmert (R-Tex.), Thomas Rooney (R-Fla.) and Lynn Westmoreland (R-Ga.), How many idiots does it take to replace Joseph McCarthy? 5 (see above)"

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
McCarthyism.

Except this time...it is being lead by complete bat-# crazy idiots.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It seems they believe the more they attack Muslims, the more patriotic they appear.
From here it just looks like a witch hunt.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Did anyone ever take Michelle Bachmann serious to begin with? What a strange person she is

edit on 7/18/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm stunned he knows the difference. So many senior moments these days.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
its politics, he's playing that side of the argument to save American face.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I think McCain IS a decent guy... I have always thought so. He's done some pretty crazy things, and said things I don't agree with, but he's got the guts to stand up against his party and I can respect that.

Bachmann is a bigoted lunatic. It's odd, too... Marrying a gay man, I thought she'd be more open-minded...

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

Every now and then John McCain reminds us he is still a decent human being.

Bravo for John McCain. While I am not a republican, nor really a democrat (2 party system lol, no thanks - I can see positives and many negatives to both camps) I respect John McCain for using a little humanity, logic and sense to cross party lines in defense of this woman. There needs to be more critical thinking and less toting party lines and fear mongering propaganda with all of our elected officials.

Much more.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Did anyone ever take Michelle Bachmann serious to begin with? What a strange person she is :lol

Unfortunately a lot of people did and still do. Hard to believe but it just shows where the Republican party is at these days.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
How do the people of Minnesota stand this woman? Can't they kick her out on her pompous ass or something? The fact they keep re-electing her is scary. Something in the water in Minnesota?

She makes Palin seem ALMOST normal!

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Good for McCain, I too always thought him a genuinely good man, despite disagreeing with him on a number of his political views.

It's also refreshing to see that there are still people in Washington who have a sense of honor and dignity. Remember during the 2008 presidential election he was also the one who denounced claims by his own supporters that Obama was a secret Muslim terrorist infiltrator as well. Glad to see he's keeping his sanity in this age of horrible personal attacks in American politics.

Edit Addition:
I have to say too that Bachmann has always been a nutter. A rather scary nutter too. During her presidential run, a friend of mine whom is a fellow British reporter asked her some questions, and was told he was a tool of King George when he asked some hard ones. He told me over a pint that he didn't know if she was joking, she seemed frighteningly serious, but he laughed it off and played a good sport on it. I've never had the pleasure of meeting or talking to her myself but his story left me a bit uneasy to say the least.

edit on 18-7-2012 by ProjectJimmy because: Addition

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I never trust Muslims.

They need to be watched closely, especially ones trying to infiltrate our government.

Bachmann is right on target, and McCain is back to his Democrat appeasing ways, which is the reason he lost the election in the first place.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I never trust Muslims.

Why don't you trust Muslims, especially ones who are dedicated Americans who have proven their loyalty to their country?

I'm asking out of curiosity, I'd like to know what the thought process is behind such a racist sentiment, that someone would make a blanket assertion like that.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Bravo John McCain!!!!!!

It's people like Bachmann that gives America a bad rap.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ditto!

I hope to God moderate Republicans take back their party. I hope to God other countries believe we're not all crazy here.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
John Mc Cain is a senile old war monger,using his POW status anytime he can,he is one who beats war drums,he should go move to Surprise and retire with rest of old people in Az

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Who cares what one numbskull has to say about another numbskull? In the end, they're both still numbskulls.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

I never trust Muslims.

Why don't you trust Muslims, especially ones who are dedicated Americans who have proven their loyalty to their country?

I'm asking out of curiosity, I'd like to know what the thought process is behind such a racist sentiment, that someone would make a blanket assertion like that.

Still in the back of my mind I would be waiting for them to go off and blow a few of their fellow soldiers away. It's happened before...remember Major Nadal at Fort Hood?
edit on 18-7-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The tragic thing is Bachmann is convinced she's right I'm sure we will see some stupid speech from her accusing McCain and anyone else criticizing her of being "soft on terrorism."

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Yes, I remember Nadal, and I remember Timothy McVeigh too - yet I don't see you claiming you don't trust the white race over that one individual and that one incident. Racism is insidious - you apply a blanket sentiment to an entire race based on the actions of some of it's members - except your own of course. Bachmann and her fellow letter writers are, plain and simple, racists, who apply their hatred to all Muslims, no matter their nationality or citizenship. Huma Abedin is a United States citizen, and from all accounts about her, a loyal American.
edit on 18-7-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join